Author Topic: If you could  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Albert [busy]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If you could
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »
I was just thinking about starting a thread about this, never got around to it.

If you could choose whether to live in the present or the past, which would you choose (Within the last 100 years)?

Why? Which country would you live in? More details?

I'll submit my own response to this thread in a bit.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: If you could
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
Late 50s / early 60s, America.

Because that era, the dress, the music and just everything was just so nice... everything seems so innocent back then, although the music especially from that period, sometimes I really wish I was born around then lol.

Offline Albert [busy]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:55:58 PM »

Because that era, the dress, the music and just everything was just so nice... everything seems so innocent back then, although the music especially from that period, sometimes I really wish I was born around then lol.

It wasn't innocent though, Ike was in office and had gotten NASA off the ground (literally into space, founded 1953 by Dwight D. "Ike" Eisenhower) whilst the Cold war was boiling. Britain was revealing more powerful Hydrogen bombs and the Soviets (uncoordinated) after Stalin's death were still racing to beat the U.S. in any way they could. However the 60's would prove a time of 'peace', they would also show the darker side of the United State's State relations. Not to mention the assassination of JFK and Martin Luther King Jr.

Another good thing of the period was the U.N. was beginning to grow ground in the World.

The music properly reflected the period, that of growth and confusion. The same could be said of todays music which reflects artificiality and confusion.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:18 PM »
1920's. When America had less stress and life, and was a fucking party.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »

Also Rock -n- Roll was an extremely controversial emerging style of music. The older generation thought of the music as rebellious, and some even thought it was satanic. The Civil Rights Movement was starting to pick up, too. In fact, almost nothing was innocent during that time. Remember Yurtle the Turtle's Duck and Cover.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal