Author Topic: OCRP  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Alex

• AKA RoflWaffle
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OCRP
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:06:26 PM »
Catalyst-Gaming OCRP

Playing on OCRP was no problem until the server started lagging slightly, I continued to play under the jumpy lag and I found myself becoming SWAT. Now, the mayor was recently calling for a raid that was taking place at his office, I responded with only my P338 as there was no SMG ammo to stock up on, I ended up getting to the top seeing that the situation had finished, the guy was shot dead. Anyways I followed the chief of police down the elevator and told him to buy some SMG ammo, he started heading to the bank and he was new and thought you had to buy it from stalls, during the walk over the road from the nexus to the bank, A Mr. Retarded Cookie (Sackless kid) drives straight into a correctly parked car, and kills the chief, he gets out his car to find himself stuck in the bank.

At this point I am highly pissed off, so I handcuff the kid, tell him what hes done and read him his rights, it was bugging like shit so I thought I'd try get him unstuck from the wall but it pushed him outside, I then ran after him after he failed to follow FEAR RP and totally nobjockeyd the situation, I caught up with him and told him to follow me to the bank in which I told him to get on the wall, when I was typing he attempted another dick move, I shot him in the head as he was jumping over a van, handcuff'd him, got a medic to revive him and then he got up, and ran like a pussy. I followed him to the cub foods which I fired various warning shots below his feet. This is where Mr. Rdm'erpantsoftheday St. Panda king got himself involved by shooting me in the back after I was trying to RP. I came back after he finished me to bat those mother fuckers down. Why did I break new life rule? Because the admins don't do fuck all because of the '1. Be nice' rule. Admins such as Max for instant couldn't give two fucks about these guys running round killing people, St. Panda king killed, what like 5 people that day randomly. Hasn't been banned once. Mr Cookie, running like a cunt, not banned. Iora Ura or whatever the fuck his name is, stealing cars via lockpicking in public with the owner standing by them, not banned. James/Dizzie, total fucking nonce, banned? nope.avi. Kazap, banned nope.

To be honest, this is fucking retarded, I didn't even bother asking in admin chat for an admin because Max was too busy spectating me because he has to hold a grudge, heck, when I was chasing Cookie he had to fucking stop to ask me what I was doing. Albert, held me because I shot my OWN truck out because Mr. Iora ura stole it when I got out. It seems people get banned because someone thats breaking the rules fuck them over. I in my opinion, am fucking appauld. Must I bring this up, Orange Cosmos admining was fantastic because ever single motherfucking rule breaker was practically banned on the spot. But hey, CG has a new system, The be nice rule children, have you saw the ban list? Empty, did you see Orange Cosmos's ban list, you had to scroll to see all of them. Quite frankly its ridiculous.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
First off, you have the right to voice your own opinion. You mainly covered why I left admin. I couldn't take the stress, and I wasn't allowed to be as strict as I wanted to be. Yeah, ever since I left I thought about how quitting admin was a mistake because I loved it, and from what I just read, I guess I am kind of needed. I'm not saying I was the best admin, but I responded to all calls unless I was dealing with another admin situation.

Overall, Catalyst's OCRP is a bit mingey, and I have no problem saying that. I do agree that when OC hosted OCRP, they weren't as light on bans as CG is, which is one of the reasons why I loved it. I can definitely say that bans need to be stricter here. Rofl's saying is, "I don't want to see a new guy get banned for something they didn't know." I 100% agree with that, and it's wrong to see someone get banned because of something they didn't know. But there are regular players who, even after being warned many times before, continue to break rules.

I guess you can say after reading this, I do want to come back as admin, but i am only afraid of what before will happen again. But I missed it, and I want to help fix this situation. I guess it was a mistake leaving as admin, and I want to help this situation get fixed, but I am sure that chance is long gone by now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:22:38 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »
I'm going to redo a few of the rules. I'm going to let admins be a little more strict afterwards.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:28:51 PM »
We also have a hardly used ban request section...

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:23 PM »
The main problem, I feel, is that too many new players are breaking the rules, but not being caught, and simply continuing. I think the administration need to start identifying people who are constant rule-breakers and come down hard on them. At any giving time on the server, I could point exactly which members need punishment, so the administration team need to locate the required evidence to get rid of these people.

At the end of the day, I think Administration need to be given the right to administer *Short* bans on account of probability and witnesses. Or at least, trial this or have a vote.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 08:30:47 PM »
I'm going to redo a few of the rules. I'm going to let admins be a little more strict afterwards.
That's a great idea, to be honest. If I knew you were going to do that, I would not have quit admin. Hm, oh well. Glad to see you're making changes.

We also have a hardly used ban request section...
Yeah, that's a big problem. Most complain over OOC, and I usually direct them to the website.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »
In reply to SMT: Personally I never use the BR section because it's not worth the effort. It's much easier for me to find a way to get back my losses or to seek revenge fairly than it is to record a demo at the right time, then go through all the shit needed to get it on to the BR. At the end of the day, I just don't find that it's worth my time and i'm sure most players agree with me. This is why the section is under-used.

Offline Albert [busy]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 08:37:09 PM »
I held you for shooting in public, and shortly let you go. I didn't involve myself because of the be nice rule, and knew I would end up breaking it. I agree with this post, Venatio.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »
The idea, Venatio, was to get a less uptight admining staff for CG than in OC. In OC, everyone got banned for something the instance they screwed up, with no warning. I remember being banned on one of the last days of OC, where I dropped a prop on a guy's head from a few feet up and it killed him. It was an accident, but I was immediately banned due to "Fail RP" for 24 hours.

The point is that you need to really lighten up. Yeah, we have fail roleplayers that need to be banned, but how do you expect US on the forums to do anything about it without proof? Also, if we have admins doing shit when there's stuff going on, then that's where an admin complaint comes in that will be looked into. We have that section for a reason. You even said that you did nothing when it comes to calling for an admin. How do you expect an admin to appear out of no where just for your situation without knowing what's going down? You HAVE to report these things.

Also, to any admins who think it's right to hold "grudges" on players and not ban players who are failing AGAINST them, then you are certainly out of luck. Things like that will get your admin revoked as that's the complete opposite way that you should be acting.

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 06:36:52 AM »
-Text-

The problem with OCRP is that the gamemode itself, is designed to be between lite and serious, which is why administrating is difficult.
Mind you, Venatio is not the only person who expressed their thoughts on OCRP, as I've already had people complaining me on steam that the administration is bad and the server is mingey compared to OC.

But then again, that is an opinion from a few that have told me.

Quite a few admins on CG seem to have not noticed how hard it was to administrate in OCRP when OC hosted it, and thought they can out do the administration easily, which I constantly point out to people, administrating in the OCRP gamemode, is difficult.

My only advise to this situation is to be nice to new players, and give harsher bans to repeated offenders, but then people will question; Who should be given more lenient punishments?

Players should also realise that the Ban Request section exists for a reason.
Clearly racist.

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
I'll just get my sneezer ready for when the faggots TRY to fucking kill me.

Offline Its Max Blad

• I'M SO CREATIVE THAT THIS IS THE BEST TITLE I COULD COME UP WITH Thx Carb!ne bff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »
In all honesty, as soon as I saw this I had a feeling I would be involved somehow
So I'm here to put my part straight

Yesterday was hectic in general, to be honest when the server is full it usually is

Because the admins don't do fuck all because of the '1. Be nice' rule. Admins such as Max for instant couldn't give two fucks about these guys running round killing people
This is completely wrong. I spend all most all of my time whilst on OCRP adminisitrating because there is always something happening that I need to go and help with, and if not, then I'll just be patrolling around in general to make sure that nothing is going wrong
I am usually one of the first to investigate an incident if I'm not already busy, so when you call for an admin and no one responds first time, then fine, maybe we missed it, so send another, but if that is ignored aswell, then obviously we are busy with something and don't have the time to respond, however we usually will try to send a quick message to notify you of that
If people are found RDMing for example, then they will get dealt with, it may not happen the first time because of others occurances happening at the same time, but it will definatly be caught and harsher punishments given further on

Max was too busy spectating me because he has to hold a grudge
I and all admins know, that "Holding a grudge" is possibly the worst thing that you can do, because it will surely lead to something becoming bias and wrong
My reason for spectating you, was because I had been constantly seeing you do stupid things througout the day, and following the "Be nice rule," I gave you warnings, so the moment I begin to see you batwhoring your warnings were through. I agev you a 5 minute "Cooldown period" instead of a fully fledged ban in hope that you would return, and we could talk things through and try to stop them (But my router had the internet pulled, so that didn't really go to plan)
I gave Cookie and Panda their final warnings, the same as I gave you, and be assured that if they persist, then they will also recieve punishments

Why did I break new life rule?
If I may point out, and you should obviously know this, there was no right in breaking NLR which is prohibited by the OCRP rule; "Two wrongs do NOT make a right"

We need more people using the Ban Request section with REAL EVIDENCE, that way we can lower the amount of rule breaking within the server because if you want it to be a nice place, then you should take responsibility aswell (Not you as in you Venatio, it's general speech)

In all honesty aswell, it's good to see that Rofl is changing the rule system, because most of the admins hate it, and it has ended up in one of our best admins, Wake, quitting because no one has said anything, so at least with harsher bans, we can do this properly now

We admins are not "Super Heros" as some expect us to be, I was one of the few admins activly dealing with situations yesterday, but when we are sparce then it is impossible to handle a server of 30+ people on our own, with admin calls coming in frequently and overlapping eachother
We try out best, and yes, sometimes our best is not enough, but at least we are TRYING to help out and do as much as possible to make OCRP and CG in general as nice a place to be
Code: [Select]
[center][b]~ Locked (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Moved, [i]Board[/i] to [i]Board[/i] (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Locked & Moved (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[left][color=red][b]Player Warning: #%
(HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012)

<Reason>

~ Its Max Blad[/b][/color][/left]

Offline Alex

• AKA RoflWaffle
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »
Max, you don't seem to be getting the whole point of why I broke NLR. No admin would be arsed in helping, heck you even showed that today, I called for an admin because some COP was punchwhoring me, what did you respond, Me and Crap are busy Venatio or something along the lines of that, now lets see, what were you doing... ahh yes. Raiding, you put off a situation to remove a player that was breaking the rules just to do a raid. What do I see a few minutes later? You ban Jizzypants because the situation happend INFRONT OF YOU. The fact that you only admin when shit happens infront of you. Haydn, he joined the server and he started admining the second he got in, and i'll state this fact, he made you and all the other admins on the server look like complete pussys.

Offline Its Max Blad

• I'M SO CREATIVE THAT THIS IS THE BEST TITLE I COULD COME UP WITH Thx Carb!ne bff
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »
So you call me at one of the moments I'm not admining and are criticising my whole administrative techinque

I said we can't be around to do everything, and even the admins are allowed to play the game once in a while, I was taking a brief break and you call for admin, at least I RESPONDED to say that I was busy, we could have both completely ignored you, but at least I notified you that I was doing something and wouldn't be able to attend instead of just leaving you in the dark

The whole idea of the ban requests section is so that you can bring justice to people that were rule breaking, you could have simply recorded the punch whoring and then he would now be banned I would guess, instead of calling for an admin then completely relying on us for assistance

I banned Jizzy because obviously I knew what had happened in the situation, and had evidence in the form of console logs and Crap Head to back me up (And Jizzy even admitted to it), so obviously I'm going to deal with the most recent situation with the most evidence to place a ban with

You say Journey made "you and all the other admins on the server look like complete pussys." Fine, to be honest, that doesn't really bother me. Journey has been admining on OCRP now for months at least, and knows the best ways and tactics to counteract rule breakers, so he obviously has much more experience and will be better suited to it
Where as I have been admining for around a week of proper administration, so in all honesty in normal circumstances, that would make me a relativly new admin of OCRP and that I am still able to learn
[center][b]~ Locked (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Moved, [i]Board[/i] to [i]Board[/i] (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[center][b]~ Locked & Moved (HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012) - Its Max Blad ~[/b][/center]
[left][color=red][b]Player Warning: #%
(HH:MM GMT - DD/MM/2012)

<Reason>

~ Its Max Blad[/b][/color][/left]

Offline OhDeaR

• Touch my goat balls teehee
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
After I read this topic I also felt I was involved somehow (Like max said.)

I read that the BR section is rarley used.

Most of the OC people knows me as "the asshole who QQs about everything and makes BR on everything thats possible to make on" (I belive)

Sure, I did post a lot of ban requests, why? Well, first of all its not my fault that people haven't read the rules, secound of all. I dont like people constantly breaking rules, and yes...constantly, and gets away with it. Infact I fucking hate it. So, I usualy record everything that happens during my gameplay (mostly when I rob people, which I USED to do) because thats when it happens most.

During the 2 first days when CG started I had posted TWO ban requests. Both were FearRP, like serious fails, both of the players were from OC. They didn't get banned, they got a "warning". I dont see why they got a warning. If this was OC they would've gotten a day banned ATLEAST.

I think the rules needs to be much stricter since STILL people are constantly breaking rules over and over again. Is it that hard to read the bloody rules?

(I think I've said enough from my point of view, this is what I think, dont troll...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal