Poll

Which map do you want to play on for Outlands?

rp_apocalypse
rp_coast_03_fix
rp_coast_04
rp_coast_07_final
rp_whiteforest_radiostation

Author Topic: Outlands Map Choices  (Read 9540 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands Map Choices
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 01:40:18 AM »
Can you make a thread on how it'sa work? OTA always on and lolrebels passive?
Wankee?

Official Outlands threads will probably be made once a map is settled on.
o7

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 01:45:16 AM »
WE CAN HAS VORTIGAUNT AND OTA APP? Rather than being hand picked for OTA..

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 01:47:52 AM »
As long as I have any say in it, OTA will require CP experience in the city server.
o7

Offline Kiruclanz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 01:49:10 AM »
Well, of course it'll REQUIRE. But you don't need to be 01 + just to be OTA.

I. HATE. BRONIES. Bronie haters will rule the earth some day.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 01:56:28 AM »
Yankaroo, I have out lands Overwatch suggestions that will blow your noncanon shit outta the water, will type tomorrow when I awaken,

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
The problem with hl2 rips is that they're usually too linear for a good roleplay feel. That is, they're game levels where you need to get from point A to point B. It's too constricting.

One of the reasons I love rp_apoc is the sense of freedom it gives you. You don't need to head in any one way. Walk in some random direction and you'll find cool stuff regardless.

Which is the reson I voted for apoc. I always loved it in Fallout:New Vegas RP, so I voted for it in here too. It has an old run down town, 2 shanty towns, a small city, and caves. It. Is. Perfect.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »

Which is the reson I voted for apoc. I always loved it in Fallout:New Vegas RP, so I voted for it in here too. It has an old run down town, 2 shanty towns, a small city, and caves. It. Is. Perfect.

Its too nuclear apocalypse though. It's great for say Fallout or Terminator RP but HL2 isnt nuclear apocalypse. The outlands are still thriving with foliage.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:40 PM »

Its too nuclear apocalypse though. It's great for say Fallout or Terminator RP but HL2 isnt nuclear apocalypse. The outlands are still thriving with foliage.

Well, our canon puts the 7-hour War in 2015. Our city server is set in 2016, which means the 7-hour war only happened a year ago.

Bear in mind that there is no official canon about the 7-hour war or any of its events. There is no official say on the existance of Combine super-weaponry, and there is no official say on whether any militaries were able to use their nuclear weapons. After all, hl2rp is set in or near Russia. Russia should've been able to launch at least a few of the missiles out of their large arsenal...

Now, regarding your statement about the outlands "still thriving with foliage-"
The only time the outlands is seen is in the Half Life 2 game series.
The Half Life 2 game series takes place many years after the 7 hour war. Picture Eli Vance in Half Life. Now picture him in Half Life 2; he's an old man. Or take his daughter- Alyx appears to be in her 20s in Half Life 2, she was an infant or unborn in Half Life.
My point is, in Half Life 2, an awfully long time has passed since the 7-hour War, which means that foliage has had many long years to regrow.

To sum it all up- nobody knows the appearance of the outlands a mere year after the war; nobody knows what the outlands looked like before the scars of a 7-hour war disappeared or were hidden.

With that said, I urge you all to reconsider your vote. You may be familiar with the outlands as depicted in Half Life 2, but the outlands may have been a completely different environment in the aftermath of the 7-hour War.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:15:11 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
True, I still like apox though, but I'm okay with any map.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Highdef

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 05:42:14 PM »

Well, our canon puts the 7-hour War in 2015. Our city server is set in 2016, which means the 7-hour war only happened a year ago.

Bear in mind that there is no official canon about the 7-hour war or any of its events. There is no official say on the existance of Combine super-weaponry, and there is no official say on whether any militaries were able to use their nuclear weapons. After all, hl2rp is set in or near Russia. Russia should've been able to launch at least a few of the missiles out of their large arsenal...

Now, regarding your statement about the outlands "still thriving with foliage-"
The only time the outlands is seen is in the Half Life 2 game series.
The Half Life 2 game series takes place many years after the 7 hour war. Picture Eli Vance in Half Life. Now picture him in Half Life 2; he's an old man. Or take his daughter- Alyx appears to be in her 20s in Half Life 2, she was an infant or unborn in Half Life.
My point is, in Half Life 2, an awfully long time has passed since the 7-hour War, which means that foliage has had many long years to regrow.

To sum it all up- nobody knows the appearance of the outlands a mere year after the war; nobody knows what the outlands looked like before the scars of a 7-hour war disappeared or were hidden.

Technically, there is a "set" canon. It's not so official, but it's "approved" by Valve, and it's the closest timeline possible.

http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/timeline.htm

That lists the 7 hour war in 2010, not 2015.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »
I am fully aware of the date set by Valve for the 7-hour War.
However, RoflWaffle (owner of the community) has, for various reasons, made server-unique canon.

In Catalyst Gaming's hl2rp, the 7-hour War took place in 2015.
o7

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 12:35:39 AM »
Voting has been locked. rp_apocalypse is the winner, though by a single vote... The poll might be re-opened at a later date, albeit with more limited options.
o7

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 04:16:01 AM »
NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME! RE-VOTE! WHO'S TO SAY SOMEONE DIDN'T MAKE VOTING ALTS?! IT'S A FRAUD! RE-COUNT!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!

Do not make posts like this. If you want to vent your anger do it in a more mature manner.

Also, I can assure you the voting was not a fraud of any kind, and to my knowledge no one used alternate accounts, and if they did, bans will be issued. There really is no need for a recount. ~ Nikolai

To prevent more posts like this and general flame that may occur, I am locking this thread.  If you have further complaints, please redirect them to mature threads, or private messages to Yankee, myself, or any other administrator. ~ Nikolai

User has been banned for this post. Reason:
He was warned several times about doing this and a final warning was issued earlier. He has lost his privilege to post for a week. Statua
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:47:43 AM by Statua »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal