Author Topic: Announcing...  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Announcing...
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:18:48 PM »

We have received the gamemode from community member, Justin Newton AKA Jay. Thanks a lot Justin for getting us this great gamemode.
Of course, nothing comes to us working straight out the box so it will need to be fixed. We'll be working on it and we will hopefully manage to get it running.

Heres the original post by Hunts back in Pulsar Effect where it was first announced.

GMod Racer 2
One year ago to the day GMod Racer was unleashed upon the world ( of gmod :c ). It was one shittily coded, inefficient, piece of junk, but people still played it. And for over half a year it constantly filled 2 servers each with ~17 slots. It supported PE through the rough times between gamemodes and still to this day brings players. GMod Racer is what spawned this beast we know today as PE ( although PE was not created for weeks more after GMR's creation ) and with it, this community would be nothing. I think it's time to give GMod Racer the rest it deserve and let it's child take over.

I present to you, GMod Racer 2:

Click to see the original size.

As you can see, the vehicle selection screen is radically different. Most of the details in those pictures will be touched upon later in this new article, with one exception. The stat bars you see in several of the pictures change dynamically with the stats of the car. As you purchase the vehicle it shows the car's stock stats, or it's distribution of stats if you will. As you purchase parts for that vehicle, the bars will fill with the changing of the stats. It is not possible to max out any bars ( well, not currently, that is. )

GMod Racer 2 takes the emphasis away from grinding to get the parts you need and instead puts it on tactics and stat distribution. No one car is better than another, but the stat points are distributed differently. Of course there are still upgrades, but they will not make your car all-powerful as before. A stock car with a nice engine in it could very well beat a Buggati Veyron in a race if the driver is skilled enough.

And what's GMod Racer without weapons? There will, of course, be a good array of weapons to choose from, but none will be available as powerful as the former Ion Cannon. They will be more about obstructing other player's ability to race easily rather than taking the player clean out of the race. Stuff like smoke screens, oil slicks, machine guns ( for popping tires, of course ) will be a common sight on the courses.

But don't be scared, all weapons have counter-measures that are purchasable as parts for your vehicle. Ranging from armored wheels to snow tires, these defensive upgrades will not be quit as costly as their offensive counterparts, making them a viable solution for both the veteran and newbie player.

Other players won't be the only thing you have to watch out for, however. With things learned from my PERP experience I have been able to add some excellent environmental effects that will not only change the nature of the course but also affect your handling and the like accordingly. For instance, if you drive through a large rain puddle while going too fast, you may spin out causing a devastating crash. Each time you race a course it will be a different experience ranging from different weather conditions to different amount of laps being ran to the option to choose a completely different car to race with.

GMod Racer 2 is not limited to only one car per user, instead we have used a multiple car system to allow players to customize different cars for different conditions. There are slower moving but heavier armored cars in case that one minge is harrasing you, but there's also haul ass vroom vroom cars if you are looking for that new records. Each car has it's own shop and such.

Along with the new options on vehicles comes with new paint jobs. Each vehicle has between ten and twenty paint jobs available to add to the variety of the races. Other features may also be present during launch if bugs can be worked out ( custom vehicle decal paint job, anyone? )

Of course, all the high end vehicles with stats all buffed into one department ( ie the Veyron specializing in raw speed and the Murcielago specializing in acceleration ) will not be available to the new players fresh off the server list. Most cars will have an achievement that must be achieved before that car becomes available ( along with a hefty fee, of course. ) There will also be specialized weapons, miscellaneous upgrades, and car skins that will require achievements to be fulfilled before being used, but a majority of these will be available at the top of entry.

You will not be forced to grind through the tech trees for the parts you desire, either. With the new shop system you will be able to save specifically for that one part you have your eye on and buy it without having to put it's predecessors. For instance; instead of having to purchase all the engines to buy the 12 Cylinder Haul Ass engine, you will be able to save directly for this engine and purchase it raw.

During the time between races you will be able to view your overall race stats as well as your last race stats ( wins, losses, places, shows, average MPH, average time per checkpoint, best lap time, etc. ) The new system also implements a new Lap-based system, so there will no longer be buggy support for ill-fated circuit maps ( *cough* derby *cough* ).

GMR2 is not only a huge upgrade in the terms of content and theme, it also has new stuff to make it easier to implement in maps. The once incredibly difficult to install screens ( for the scoreboard and such ) are now made by meerly assigning a texture to a brush face. No more fooling around with face entities and the like. The vehicle spawns are also more simplistic in the fact that they use the entity's angle instead of comparing the first two checkpoints.

GMod Racer 2 moves away from the extreme silliness of GMod Racer 1 and moves to a more realistic setting ( if you don't pay attention to the weapons, that is. ) No dev-textured maps will be accepted to the rotation list, and all GMod Racer 1 maps will not be supported due to incompatible entities.

Seeing as that announcement was posted many years back, i have taken a few new pictures of the gamemode so you can see what has changed since the announcement.

There are still plenty of cars and car parts to be added, but we are aiming to get the gamemode fully running before working on the basic things.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post.

A GMod Racer 2 section will follow when we have done more work towards the gamemode. Don't expect this to soon as we have a lot of work to do. But with the updates being pushed out today, there will hopefully be more time to work on GMR2.

Don't expect any ETA yet. We will first have to get it fully running and currently we are all very busy so i cannot promise anything.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:16:51 PM by Noiziv »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Announcing...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »
Two words.

Hell.Yeah.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »
This is nothing...
Comapred to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs&

However, I commend you on your work, and look forward to playing it, if ever. It seems to look fun.
I'm just worried that you're putting too much strain on yourself with a lot of projects now. GMP2 or WE. OCRP. GMR2..
Something's gonna give.. ?
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 06:17:37 PM »
Not bad. Loving the logo ;)

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Oooh nice
(INB4 people start asking ETA)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 07:08:10 PM »
Wow. This looks phenomenal, keep up the good work : D
o7

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
Congrats to Justin for bringing it to the community.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Hopefully we can get it to full working condition.

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 08:34:04 PM »
UUHHH WENS IT GON B RELEASED BRO? I DIN READ OP BUT I WAN NO.

loljk

Cant wait.
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
Viper? As a drivable car?
I'm in!
Can't wait until its finshed.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 09:22:43 PM »
I remember playing GMR with Kazuo (I think it was him anyways) at either PE or OC.... Either way Kaz, you owe me a race.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »
Sexy vewwey sexy.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 02:36:36 AM »
I could easily release it on Facepunch and you guys would be fucked. (evil laugh)

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:00 AM »
I could easily release it on Facepunch and you guys would be fucked. (evil laugh)

Not sure if joke, or incredibly stupid.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 04:40:47 AM »
For the people like me who donated to the old gmr for money (like my $100+) will we get that money on gmr2?

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 04:48:31 AM »
For the people like me who donated to the old gmr for money (like my $100+) will we get that money on gmr2?

This, I payed for gold member two times, aswell as VIP once.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal