Author Topic: turbo  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
turbo
« on: November 16, 2013, 12:03:11 AM »
well, seeing as how the current turbo is erm... bad?  As in it launches you at mock one for about 50 feet... i think we should put in something like the jeep turbo, where it is gradual.  Yet you control it to be turned off or not durring you holding down the turbo button.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Stevob21

Re: turbo
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
If I am to overhaul the turbo (nos) system, I am making it so when you hold shift and it boosts up to speed.

Another thing, I will expect it to be a one use item which empties your nos tank and requires refilling from a hidden/illegal NPC.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 07:41:40 PM »
If I am to overhaul the turbo (nos) system, I am making it so when you hold shift and it boosts up to speed.

Another thing, I will expect it to be a one use item which empties your nos tank and requires refilling from a hidden/illegal NPC.

Eh... thats kind of... LAME... :U  Maybe make it so you can buy it in canisters from a store... NOS is not illegal in the USA, not street legal maybe.  But you can buy it legally.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »
While holding shift, make your max speed higher and acceleration faster. Then make a bar or % number decrease.

Then you have the choice: either make it slowly regenerate over time (another upgrade possibility: regenerate faster)
Or make it so you can refill it at the gas station. Aka use the gas system we have now but add an option: Refill gas / refill nos. (Another upgrade possibility: increase nos tank size for more durability. )

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:53:27 AM »
I don't like Stevo's Idea if i'm honest.

I feel the turbo should be used to make the most of the engines power, this meaning you can use it as an acceleration aid to reach your vehicles top speed.

I say this because if you were to push a vehicle beyond the engines limits then it would inevitability break but ofc some sort of nos system would overcome any drag your car is being restricted by but yeah still not enough to make a mini with a stock engine to go 120mph in ocrp terms.

Another suggestion for how it is used would be to extensively use the vehicle fuel system or in other words, the more you use your turbo the faster your fuel burns.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:59:56 AM by OwenCobs »

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 11:41:07 AM »
This is in no way related to the IRL equivalent to a Turbo, sounds far more like NOS.

That's why I suggested having to refill the nos tank as a Turbo works constantly, requires no more fuel and can give your engine up to 40% more performance at certain RPM's.

Turbos also help when hauling heavy weight, basically giving your car more torque.

Also, I kinda find that it ruins the fun for the fact that every car could get this Nos system and refill it easily (Where as in a normal instance, this can cause damage to your engine and even destroy engines in shitty cars). It should be limited to a fair extent, not just on the cost side of things.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:37:55 PM »
This is in no way related to the IRL equivalent to a Turbo, sounds far more like NOS.

That's why I suggested having to refill the nos tank as a Turbo works constantly, requires no more fuel and can give your engine up to 40% more performance at certain RPM's.

Turbos also help when hauling heavy weight, basically giving your car more torque.

Also, I kinda find that it ruins the fun for the fact that every car could get this Nos system and refill it easily (Where as in a normal instance, this can cause damage to your engine and even destroy engines in shitty cars). It should be limited to a fair extent, not just on the cost side of things.
How about we have it so you have to buy canisters and a chance that if you hold down your NOS for to long you have a change of your cars engine quitting I/E exploding, but not throwing you out or killing you.

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 08:58:31 PM »
That would depend on the amount you put into it. You can put so much NO2 into a Lamborghini Aventador that you would blow the block in 3 pieces if you put a huge shot into it. A small 50HP shot wouldn't do much in terms of acceleration or top speed, maybe 2-3 MPH, but it still wouldn't damage a stock cars engine.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal