Author Topic: Paramedic System Redesign  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Paramedic System Redesign
« on: November 14, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »
My old thread was changed so many times, just got fconfusing and shit. Ill repost. I wanna know what you guys think about this:

The first aid kit

Instead of spamming M1 to heal someone and asking them if they need more, make it like the crafting progress bar or the refuel bar. The speed the bar fills is related to how much health they have.

While the bar is filling, play the looping bandaging sound from L4D (I can retrieve that for you if you wish) instead of the HL2 health kit sound.

Replace the hl2 first aid kit model with a more realistic model like the first aid kit from L4D. Most EMS carry red response bags so a hard plastic first aid kit doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The L4D model and sound would be packed into the FastDL.

The Defibs

Defibs alone arent gonna bring a person back to full health. It'l just get their heart going. If someone is revived with the defibs, their HP should be set to 10% so you have to use the med kit too.

Also with the defibs, spamming right click is quite annoying. Why not keep the same system but have a progress bar that fills up by holding right click. If you fill it up to 75%, you get a 1/4 chance at reviving the PT. If you fill it to 100% you get a 1/3 chance at reviving the pt. After administering a shock, it resets the bar, regardless the charge.

It could definately use some sound changes too which i think I can handle.

Newly Revived Patients

To make the hospital of use and to prevent people from going full bore after being revived, when someone is revived, they must be brought to the hospital within 10 minutes to be fully restored. If they fail to do this, they will fall unconscious again and will need to be revived.

This eliminates the need for a revive cooldown because if you are revived, you cant really do anything without risking it.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Paramedic System Redesign
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 04:51:02 PM »
I love it, but can't see our player base loving it XD. Its nice, and simple, but theres going to be situations we wont be able to respond to and do our jobs because we are having to bring more people back to the hospital then the ambulance and hold #raids. Thats really my only concern other then that, everything else seems awesome.

Edit: Maybe like the police system add ranks with medics and the higher you get the faster it is to heal a person. For defib make the shocks 100% and with ranks: EMT-B 1/4 chance for revive EMT-A (advance) 1/3 Paramedic 1/2 chance. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:53:59 PM by KJUN »

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
If we are going to go with the idea of bringing people back to the hospital we MUST add at least one seat to the ambulance so that there is room for a pt along with 2 medics.  I myself like riding with two people per ambulance to ease the 10 year olds mic spamming 'HEALZ PLZ HEAL ME PLZ NOW NOW NOW!!!"  It also makes it easier to reivive people and increases the chances of survival as well as decreasing the amount of ambulances on the road.

But a major +Support as my favorite things to do in OCRP is Medic, firefighter and cop.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 05:06:23 PM »
Hm. I wanted the hospital system to get rid of the revive cooldown. What can we do to replace that?

I like the leveling system. Maybe also make healing speed faster with each level too.

For each level though, I think we should have it more like this:

Level (Ascending)    75%    100%    Hours    Healing (1%-100%)
EMT-B1/51/40-210s
EMT-A1/41/32-86s
Paramedic1/31/28+3s

Post Auto-Merged: November 14, 2013, 07:11:36 PM
This is basically how the defib will work. I changed it to 50% as the little gap makes an impatient player wana just give er. Maybe 60% would be a lil better tho idk. 75% was too close to 100% to make it useful.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ykhfxcz7Jo" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ykhfxcz7Jo</a>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:11:36 PM by Statua [OCRP2 Returns Very Soon »

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:31:47 PM »
I love it!!! So much better than spamming the mouse buttons.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »
The perfect system has been made!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal