Author Topic: HD Models  (Read 3519 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HD Models
« on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
Ok so we all know the big sexy model update came out with most of the tdm cars and those weird hd playermodels. They where pretty good looking at first but after awhile I feel they just didnt fit in and where more of a risk then an asset as the filesize for everything is over a gig.

So my idea was to remove them all and go back to what we had before. Sickness cars and normal hl2 playermodels as well as a couple tdm cars for people with loads of cash for supercars. Does anyone agree or should we leave models the way they are?

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HD Models
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 03:59:09 PM »
Yes, agreed. We don't need the Ultra HD Amazingness that comes with TDM. Bringing back sickness models and adding only a few TDM cars seems perfectly reasonable imo.
ok

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
I feel like the playermodels can go but TDM has tons of potential. Practically every model has 10+ bodygroups can be changed which would be amazing for customization, not to mention a great money sink.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:08:05 PM »
I hate those playermodels, would rather see HL2 player models back like you suggested

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:22 PM »
If not the tdm models at least rid the playermodels. They dont belong in the source engine

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 07:38:37 PM »
Yes please on old playermodels back.
The female models were just god aweful ugly...

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »
Most TDM cars have a rendering issue with low(And medium, I think) video quality settings. It's not small, either. The car literally looks like a blob and looks nothing like a car.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
My opinion, keep the bodies but use the HL2 rebel (NOT citizen, rebel) faces on the bodies. The rebels look better than the citizens. If the rebel head model in question has a hat or some other form of headgear, swap that head out for it's citizen counterpart. The playermodel bodies are fine, the faces just look weird.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Model quality doesnt do much on performance. The difference between high and low is maybe 2-4 FPS. Just inform people to put model quality on high.

Keep TDM cars and implement a car mods system for spoilers, body kits, etc.
Remove the GTA player models and replace them with the ld stuff we had and maybe improve the old stuff too.

Final thoughts?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 09:36:07 PM »
Model quality doesnt do much on performance. The difference between high and low is maybe 2-4 FPS. Just inform people to put model quality on high.

Keep TDM cars and implement a car mods system for spoilers, body kits, etc.
Remove the GTA player models and replace them with the ld stuff we had and maybe improve the old stuff too.

Final thoughts?
ld? GTA player models? What?

EDIT: We'd need the bodies of the Police Officer and possibly the Fire Fighter changed as well, at least, the textures. They still say Evo City X department.
READY AYE READY

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
I'll say it again, some TDM cars have a severe rendering issue on low-medium video settings. I'd love to keep TDM cars as they look absolutely beautiful, but if players who can't play on high model video settings can't view the cars then it's not worth it to keep them.

Here's a picture with medium model quality and everything else on high:
Click to see the original size.

These are the cars that have the issue:
VW Golf Mk3
Nissan 350z
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
Ferrari 458 Spider
Chevrolet Impala SS '96
Cadillac Escalade 2012
BMW M5 E60
BMW 507
Audi RS4 Avant

As long as those are not added then we can keep TDM cars.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:11:51 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
I'll say it again, some TDM cars have a severe rendering issue on low-medium video settings. I'd love to keep TDM cars as they look absolutely beautiful, but if players who can't play on high model video settings can't view the cars then it's not worth it to keep them.

Here's a picture with medium model quality and everything else on high:
Click to see the original size.

These are the cars that have the issue:
VW Golf Mk3
Nissan 350z
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster
Ferrari 458 Spider
Chevrolet Impala SS '96
Cadillac Escalade 2012
BMW M5 E60
BMW 507
Audi RS4 Avant

As long as those are not added then we can keep TDM cars.
Remove those 9, refund those who owned them and keep the rest?
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 02:52:07 AM »
As stated before, from what i've been told, model quality (the change between low and high) doesnt affect performance. Ill double check this with my laptop which uses integrated graphics and see if this claim is true.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 06:54:49 AM »
As stated before, from what i've been told, model quality (the change between low and high) doesnt affect performance. Ill double check this with my laptop which uses integrated graphics and see if this claim is true.
I haven't had any performance issues, only the issue with the models above. If we remove those from OCRP then we should be fine.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
I haven't had any performance issues, only the issue with the models above. If we remove those from OCRP then we should be fine.
No please... I planned on buying those... :/  And anyone who cannot play gmod or TF2 on atleast high model settings should not be playing games on that pc at all... gmod and source games in general do not run heavy... even my old pos pc got like 100 fps, it was a gateway!  Store baught with like 2 ram...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal