Author Topic: OCRP2 New Map Suggestions  (Read 8625 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP2 New Map Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »
A fire training center.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 01:48:24 AM »
The grassland that cuts the central area in half should be a river.
Unfortunately on that grassland is a wall of trees which block visibility to the other side which I am using as an optimization technique. Not to mention that grass is actually a hill which gives my map elevation. Elevation makes a map feel bigger. Look at Ineu Pass. Its only 3/4 the size of the Valley however it feels a lot bigger right?

Added fire training centre to the outskirts. It will be a small concrete office building  fenced in and with a little HQ shack.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:08:32 AM by Statua »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
1) Add an NPC to the beach and make it ask "Would you like to go across the ocean?" (Or something like that, idk) and if you click yes, it will run a script of some sort which will connect you to HRP.

2)*Doesn't really apply for statua because he has no power over this, but maybe he can talk to karma or crap head about doing this* Add boats because why not. If you are going to have an ocean, you might as well get boats. It will just add things for people to do with their money, which can be fun.

3)*Would only be implemented with suggestion 2 for obvious reasons* Make house boats or some sort of house on the sea you can buy/get. Perhaps a stationary large yacht, or a simple houseboat.

4) Add different buildings for different classes. For example, I don't think having the fireman class inside the PD/nexus is a good idea and it's unrealistic. If the fire department had an actual fire station, that would be nice. Also, it would be cool if you could add a tower looking thing in it for scouting the above city for any fires or things of the sort.

1. Oh my god yes....

2. Ocean isn't going to be big enough for anything bigger than a small recreational boat

3. Maybe, if small personal boats are added. We'll see what the brush limit looks like

4. Already have separate departments planned. As for the tower, they would only be able to see downtown (south side of main city) and with the gov building, it would have to be ridiculously tall. The mayor can see almost all of downtown from his office so if he was smart, he would report that stuff.
Would be really cool if 1 was implemented into HRP completely, sharing everything with OCRP, meaning crafting of guns and such, cool things like OCRP has, replace the current version with OCRP style and make it so when you jump servers it takes all of your stuff from one to the other like a real portal would to say.  THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! Kind of like an RPG effect.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 05:13:38 AM »
Now that I think about it, that would be a really bad idea. One of the two servers woul have to be changed to work with the other if inventories and cash were to cross. For one everyones inventories would have to be reset. Two, either crafting on ocrp would have to be removed or ordering shipments from HRp would haver to be removed.

Only thing that would really work is it just connects you to HRP and that's it. Maybe have the name of your player and your org cross servers at the most.

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 05:38:25 AM »
Really liking the map suggestions, looking forward to playing this once it has finished.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 08:59:07 AM »
Statua.

Add Tim Hortons.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 11:40:31 PM »
For weather control (if there is on this map), there should be something like a sea level control, or power outage control. This will make player interation with the realtime weather. So if theres a flood warning, everyone should be indoors and maybe up a floor. If theres a power outage, people need flashlights or at an area where there is light.

Another suggestion i had was activating Police barriers and surveillance around the city. Something that the mayor and other law enforcements can handle when in a situation.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 08:30:01 AM »
If I enabled the map for power outages, I wouldn't be able to do my true day/night lighting. Hammer doesn't like to have too many toggle lights shining on the same face. As for floods, I'm not sure how I could do this.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 12:26:01 PM »
If I enabled the map for power outages, I wouldn't be able to do my true day/night lighting. Hammer doesn't like to have too many toggle lights shining on the same face. As for floods, I'm not sure how I could do this.
Theres a map in workshop where a city can flood and you have to survive on the top of the buildings.

GM10_Floodinvasion

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 02:23:42 PM »
Theres a map in workshop where a city can flood and you have to survive on the top of the buildings.

GM10_Floodinvasion
I know its possible but I don't know how to do it. Also keep in mind that having the water under the map will do a number to framerate due to you rendering expensive water 100% of the time. I had that problem on ineu when I forgot to get rid of my dev slab of water in the beta. It's fine in flood maps or the harbor rp maps because there's not a whole lot to render but not rockford.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 02:43:05 PM »

GM10_Floodinvasion
I know its possible but I don't know how to do it. Also keep in mind that having the water under the map will do a number to framerate due to you rendering expensive water 100% of the time. I had that problem on ineu when I forgot to get rid of my dev slab of water in the beta. It's fine in flood maps or the harbor rp maps because there's not a whole lot to render but not rockford.
That's alright, what about police barriers popping up from the roads (kinda like watch dogs). Or the surveillance?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 06:42:34 PM »

GM10_Floodinvasion
That's alright, what about police barriers popping up from the roads (kinda like watch dogs). Or the surveillance?
Um idk. Elaborate.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 06:52:40 PM »

GM10_Floodinvasion
Um idk. Elaborate.
When a  lock down is engaged from the nexus/PD poles and barriers rise from the ground to form road blocks.  Would be nice.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Kasatka ???

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 09:04:08 AM »

GM10_Floodinvasion
Um idk. Elaborate.
I am sure he is meaning like the ones from ODST. Just barricades that come up from the ground for police use. Though there is no city in the US, or the wold for that matter, that has a fully integrated system like this for a whole city.
Keep it quiet and they won't know what killed them.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 12:26:39 PM »

GM10_Floodinvasion
Um idk. Elaborate.
I am sure he is meaning like the ones from ODST. Just barricades that come up from the ground for police use. Though there is no city in the US, or the wold for that matter, that has a fully integrated system like this for a whole city.
They have those in Washington D.C.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal