Author Topic: Fire.  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fire.
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:19:48 PM »
Seeing as how I have actually been set on fire... I think there should be a chance for your cloths to catch fire when you step into fire, this would only mean that your player would be set fire until extinguished with a hose or fire extinguisher.   This will add realism and could give the EFS more of a job.  And maybe make a way for you to pass out from the smoke.  If you are in a burning house, you will have to leave in a amount of time before you either pass out and die/or making something can craft like a gas mask, witch the firemen should get on spawn.  There should be a set limit to the time of the gas mask, more realism.  :3 I am sure that the people who rp fire services will love this idea as for the realism aspect.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Sir Binary

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fire.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:22:07 AM »
Seeing as how I have actually been set on fire... I think there should be a chance for your cloths to catch fire when you step into fire, this would only mean that your player would be set fire until extinguished with a hose or fire extinguisher.   This will add realism and could give the EFS more of a job.  And maybe make a way for you to pass out from the smoke.  If you are in a burning house, you will have to leave in a amount of time before you either pass out and die/or making something can craft like a gas mask, witch the firemen should get on spawn.  There should be a set limit to the time of the gas mask, more realism.  :3 I am sure that the people who rp fire services will love this idea as for the realism aspect.
As a rp Fire service, i like these ideas :b But not the the fire on clothes.. The fire does damage over time already(to non FFs). And why make them die even faster? They would die in like 3 seconds or so. nope sorry :(

I do like the idea of a gasmask! But not for citizens. I know some people irl have gas maskes, but come on, It's not all. (meaning it would be a little unrealistic)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
As a rp Fire service, i like these ideas :b But not the the fire on clothes.. The fire does damage over time already(to non FFs). And why make them die even faster? They would die in like 3 seconds or so. nope sorry :(

I do like the idea of a gasmask! But not for citizens. I know some people irl have gas maskes, but come on, It's not all. (meaning it would be a little unrealistic)
Uh... I am 15... and I own a gasmask... you can buy them at stores... or order them... my friends have gasmask too...  The fire thing is nice, I said a chance not always, your cloths would catch fire and you would burn without being in the fire, it should do less damage.  And for one... do you see people owning fricking car bombs, automatic weapons in general and or most of the things that are craftable?  I mean really, if this is how you want to push it, I can't say the least.   And for the record, it is more common then you think.

Offline [JSRF] Beat

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:17 PM »
There should be a bar or something for the amount of time you have in the smoke, So you can grab anything you have and go.
This would add a lot more for Molotov's, because they arent used very often. Making fire a bit more dangerous would add a lot to the game.
I lift.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:19 PM »
There should be a bar or something for the amount of time you have in the smoke, So you can grab anything you have and go.
This would add a lot more for Molotov's, because they arent used very often. Making fire a bit more dangerous would add a lot to the game.
I honestly think the moly would hit the door, blocking your way out.  Like I said, gasmask, this should be a really expensive item too, so it would be less seen and harder to get.  1 time use like the kevlar.

Offline TheTemplar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »

Uh... I am 15... and I own a gasmask... you can buy them at stores... or order them... my friends have gasmask too...  The fire thing is nice, I said a chance not always, your cloths would catch fire and you would burn without being in the fire, it should do less damage.  And for one... do you see people owning fricking car bombs, automatic weapons in general and or most of the things that are craftable?  I mean really, if this is how you want to push it, I can't say the least.   And for the record, it is more common then you think.

I think what he meant was that if gas masks were available to anything in the game it would defeat the purpose to add the factor of smoke doing anything. It will be like if nothing was ever changed. If a massive fire broke out or a house fire it would make sense if this would be added to and the fire fighters would be the only ones to withstand the smoke.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 10:20:34 PM »

I think what he meant was that if gas masks were available to anything in the game it would defeat the purpose to add the factor of smoke doing anything. It will be like if nothing was ever changed. If a massive fire broke out or a house fire it would make sense if this would be added to and the fire fighters would be the only ones to withstand the smoke.
Make it so that it requires Basic 5, circuitry 6/5, Advanced 5/6 and such like that.  So it is really expensive and would require rubber, metal, plastic and glass.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:03:16 AM »
No.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:32 PM »
Moved to open again. The OP is a good idea.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 02:32:25 PM »
Talked to Stevo, he figured out a way it could work. Anyone against this idea?

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 03:19:10 PM »
Eh, why not. If it sucks I'll prolly be the first one complaining about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal