Author Topic: Joining Quiz  (Read 6663 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joining Quiz
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 11:01:20 PM »
As stated before, quiz for jobs would be good. Quiz to join, not so much. Like hrp.

I agree that having a quiz for a job such as a police officer is fine just to reduce the amount of RDM, but making people who join take it I couldn't see working out all to well. I mean, if the questions were REALLY simple then sure I guess.

In reply to the op

"like in hl2rp" Well this isn't HL2RP, this isn't even on the same scale for seriousness.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 05:15:42 AM »
As stated before, quiz for jobs would be good. Quiz to join, not so much. Like hrp.

I agree that having a quiz for a job such as a police officer is fine just to reduce the amount of RDM, but making people who join take it I couldn't see working out all to well. I mean, if the questions were REALLY simple then sure I guess.

In reply to the op

"like in hl2rp" Well this isn't HL2RP, this isn't even on the same scale for seriousness.

if they are like HRP questions itll be fine to have them on connect for first time

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 05:53:08 AM »
OCRP has enough problems  holding its tiny playerbase without rejecting players out who may not know the rules, its up to us as players to teach the inexperienced into becoming a better player.

We already have a ban system for people who refuse to learn, we can't afford to get rid of the inexperienced.

-Support in general and -Support for the admin admin.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 06:53:04 AM »
OCRP has enough problems  holding its tiny playerbase without rejecting players out who may not know the rules, its up to us as players to teach the inexperienced into becoming a better player.

We already have a ban system for people who refuse to learn, we can't afford to get rid of the inexperienced.
This. Minges really only join RP servers to break rules, get banned, and see people get pissed off. If we had a joining quiz, and especially one that kicked the player if they failed it, the population would die out faster than it did after RTLK nerfed weed. Whilst I am in support of a joining quiz, there's a lot that'd need to be done to make it work.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:06 AM »
Wait so let me get this straight. You're supporting minges?

A join quiz would be too much. But a job quiz for the easily abused (cop in particular) woukd be beneficial.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »

This. Minges really only join RP servers to break rules, get banned, and see people get pissed off. If we had a joining quiz, and especially one that kicked the player if they failed it, the population would die out faster than it did after RTLK nerfed weed. Whilst I am in support of a joining quiz, there's a lot that'd need to be done to make it work.

how? if someone cannot answer a simple quiz about roleplay (most questions are really common sense) then they shouldnt be trying to join in the first place, and its like a 1 minute quiz too so if someone doesnt have the patience to do that then they also shouldnt be trying to play on an RP server. HL2RP was fine with a quiz and that was Serious. HRP has been fine with a joining quiz too and that is liteRP so why would OCRP suddenly be really shit for having one, it makes no sense what you are trying claim

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, 07:49:37 AM »

how? if someone cannot answer a simple quiz about roleplay (most questions are really common sense) then they shouldnt be trying to join in the first place, and its like a 1 minute quiz too so if someone doesnt have the patience to do that then they also shouldnt be trying to play on an RP server. HL2RP was fine with a quiz and that was Serious. HRP has been fine with a joining quiz too and that is liteRP so why would OCRP suddenly be really shit for having one, it makes no sense what you are trying claim
You've taken what I've said out of context. I am NOT in support of minges. I'm saying that a joining quiz would not only root out minges, which is good, it would also root out the players with an actual intent to RP normally but didn't memorize the rules, which is bad.
Wait so let me get this straight. You're supporting minges?
No. no no no no no. I am NOT.
A join quiz would be too much. But a job quiz for the easily abused (cop in particular) woukd be beneficial.
What Abbott said. OCRP is not suddenly shit for having a join quiz, and would more-than-likely benefit from it.
READY AYE READY

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
I only support the quiz IF it's on first time join AND you get the opportunity to read the rules first before answering so players can even look up the correct answer because thats still a learning process. Kicking noobs out of a none serious rp server for being inexperienced is fucking retarded.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
Ok so how about this:

We have a job quiz for Cop, SS, and Mayor to prevent abuse of those.

We also have a join quiz which has 7 questions. All 7 questions are reviewing the rules so: 
"Can you RDM in this server?"
"Are you allowed to hack or exploit on here?"
"You cannot kill others with your car. Do you understad?"
etc

In this join quiz panel, you are allowed to click on the rules tab to review them. This would ensure players understand our most important rules. On joining the server, these 7 rules will also be displayed on the splash page.

Good idea y/n?

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
Ok so how about this:

We have a job quiz for Cop, SS, and Mayor to prevent abuse of those.

We also have a join quiz which has 7 questions. All 7 questions are reviewing the rules so: 
"Can you RDM in this server?"
"Are you allowed to hack or exploit on here?"
"You cannot kill others with your car. Do you understad?"
etc

In this join quiz panel, you are allowed to click on the rules tab to review them. This would ensure players understand our most important rules. On joining the server, these 7 rules will also be displayed on the splash page.

Good idea y/n?
Sounds good to me.
READY AYE READY

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal