Author Topic: Joining Quiz  (Read 6662 times)

Offline feedonswords

• fakken goat m8
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Joining Quiz
« on: June 01, 2013, 10:07:07 PM »
Make a joining quiz like HL2RP, because too many FailRPers are coming on.
Or you could make a cop quiz to be a cop like CG in HRP, because most cops join, get ammo from the locker, and lolkill everybody and blow up every car.
Goats can fly if you eat a blue sandwich with swiss cheese.

Offline Prevail

• A7X.
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Joining Quiz
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 01:08:48 AM »
too many FailRPers are coming on. lolkill everybody and blow up every car.

Reminds me of my friend who got banned, but a joining quiz like HL2RP would be nice.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 01:34:19 AM »
When people wanted one for HRP, what we did was ask the community to put a list of questions they would like to see in the quiz.  Khub selected the best ones and added them.  While I am not a dev and can't say whether or not the OCRP devs are planning on adding a joining quiz (But I am sure they would love one), I would suggest putting down some questions you would like to see in the quiz.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
When people wanted one for HRP, what we did was ask the community to put a list of questions they would like to see in the quiz.  Khub selected the best ones and added them.  While I am not a dev and can't say whether or not the OCRP devs are planning on adding a joining quiz (But I am sure they would love one), I would suggest putting down some questions you would like to see in the quiz.
Make a timer, like so many hours played and you are allowed to play.. :/
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 02:26:15 AM »

The idea of a game time requirement to play jobs in OCRP2 was shot down a long time ago...
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 02:34:20 AM »

The idea of a game time requirement to play jobs in OCRP2 was shot down a long time ago...
Would you like RDM to fill the streets, or would you rather see roleplay?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 11:14:20 AM »
Honestly the only way to prevent fail cops is to have a whitelist for cops. No blacklist, a white which you need to apply for on the forums.

A quiz is useless, anyone can quickly look up the rules and get in.

So I'm in favor of a white list for cops and when you apply you say your name, ID and whatnot and I say why you should be on it.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 02:52:26 PM »
Honestly the only way to prevent fail cops is to have a whitelist for cops. No blacklist, a white which you need to apply for on the forums.

A quiz is useless, anyone can quickly look up the rules and get in.

So I'm in favor of a white list for cops and when you apply you say your name, ID and whatnot and I say why you should be on it.

You would be surprised at how many minges the HRP quiz stopped from becoming CG.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
I don't see a problem with a quiz. Maybe a short 10 question quiz would do. Some example questions could be:

1. You are in a gunfight with another gang and you die, what do you do?
a. Go back and get revenge.
b. Wait until the situation is over until you return.
c. Become a cop and arrest the person who killed you.

2. You miss a red light and blow completely through it. A cop comes up behind you with his lights and sirens on, what do you do?
a. Pull over and pay the ticket.
b. Start a cop chase throughout EvoCity.
c. Disconnect.

3. A criminal is holding you at gun point and asking you for your money, what do you do?
a. Pull out your pistol and blow his brains out.
b. Call the cops and tell him to wait for them to show up.
c. Comply with his/her orders.

Offline Akise-Kun

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 11:38:37 AM »
I don't see a problem with a quiz. Maybe a short 10 question quiz would do. Some example questions could be:

2. You miss a red light and blow completely through it. A cop comes up behind you with his lights and sirens on, what do you do?
c. Disconnect.

3. A criminal is holding you at gun point and asking you for your money, what do you do?
I like Wake's questions, +support from me

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »
Yes a quiz does stop some Minges temporarily but really the best way to prevent abusive police is an white list that you apply for. Again your gonna say the quiz helps but honestly if I were a minge I would quickly look up to the rules or use common sense for the answers. Wakeboard those questions have obvious answers, and wouldn't do anything. So yea, your never going to be able to ensure that there won't be abusive cops, but the best precaution is to have a White list in order to become a cop.

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 10:59:36 AM »
Yes a quiz does stop some Minges temporarily but really the best way to prevent abusive police is an white list that you apply for. Again your gonna say the quiz helps but honestly if I were a minge I would quickly look up to the rules or use common sense for the answers. Wakeboard those questions have obvious answers, and wouldn't do anything. So yea, your never going to be able to ensure that there won't be abusive cops, but the best precaution is to have a White list in order to become a cop.
Just to point out the minges that do come on Just to ming dont read the rules. I have been here for 2 years now and i would rather a Quiz then a Whitelist. Everyone should know the common sense of being a cop and those questions from wake are the sorts of ones i would use.

Another idea is to have the quiz be taken every hour so they cant just try again and so say at the bottom: By answering these questions i agree that if i do not follow the Police rules etc i will be banned or blacklisted.

I understand where your coming from sherman but if it reduces the minges it is worth a try.

L3GO Out.
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 07:56:59 AM »
May do a combo time/quiz for jobs, not for the gamemode itself though. It's up in the air right now. Don't expect another reply anytime soon.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2013, 05:00:01 AM »

c. Disconnect.

+Support, great questions reinforcing a great idea. Hell, the OCRP devs could probably just ask TOMASAS for the code that was used for the HRP joining quiz and modify it accordingly.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
As stated before, quiz for jobs would be good. Quiz to join, not so much. Like hrp.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal