Author Topic: Tow Truck Job Additions  (Read 4928 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tow Truck Job Additions
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 01:11:36 AM »
I say we also replace the current tow truck we have with the original one form PERP, where it is already pre-coded.  Idk where to find it but search PERP tow truck and you will find videos of the GOOD tow trucks.
I say we don't steal code from a leaked gamemode. The tow truck we have now works fine and isn't really worth fixing up right away. Having something pre-coded doesn't mean it should be added. There are plenty of things that are pre-coded that I wouldn't add to HRP simply because I like having things coded my way.
The tow truck we have now is complete crap... Sorry... but it trully is, you cannot pull it out of anywhere, as if a car was in a lake, you would need an admin to get it out.  As for this perp tow truck, you can use the wintch to get it out.  And you can set it to some how be made to where it goes through people without hurting them.
Then Steveob21 can fix it and code it himself. I'm sorry, but PERP was not publicly released with the original coders consent, therefore I do not agree with taking any code from it. I would like to see a tow truck like the one in PERP, but it can wait while others things happen first.
PERP has been leaked for... idk... 2-3 years now?  I mean, I really don't think he would care... there are lots of servers out there with this.  Why not try and mimic please... the one we have is SO CRAP...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 01:13:56 AM »
Why would we be lazy and copypasta work that we didnt make when we can just get something custom whipped up that works to our liking?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 05:47:49 AM »
I say we also replace the current tow truck we have with the original one form PERP, where it is already pre-coded.  Idk where to find it but search PERP tow truck and you will find videos of the GOOD tow trucks.
I say we don't steal code from a leaked gamemode. The tow truck we have now works fine and isn't really worth fixing up right away. Having something pre-coded doesn't mean it should be added. There are plenty of things that are pre-coded that I wouldn't add to HRP simply because I like having things coded my way.
The tow truck we have now is complete crap... Sorry... but it trully is, you cannot pull it out of anywhere, as if a car was in a lake, you would need an admin to get it out.  As for this perp tow truck, you can use the wintch to get it out.  And you can set it to some how be made to where it goes through people without hurting them.
Then Steveob21 can fix it and code it himself. I'm sorry, but PERP was not publicly released with the original coders consent, therefore I do not agree with taking any code from it. I would like to see a tow truck like the one in PERP, but it can wait while others things happen first.
PERP has been leaked for... idk... 2-3 years now?  I mean, I really don't think he would care... there are lots of servers out there with this.  Why not try and mimic please... the one we have is SO CRAP...

stop trying to suggest grabbing shit from a leaked gamemode, isnt going to happen

all we need to do is edit the tow truck so it can pull better and itd be fine

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
Back on topic:

Tag Cars
So essentially, as long as the tow truck driver who tagged it is online, the player who owns the car cannot spawn it at the garage if its been tagged and towed to the tow yard. But to prevent abuse, they can only tag them once the car is in the tow yard.

Gas Cans
Tow drivers have a gas can swep where they can fill cars. This would charge the player a little more then if they went to the gas station and the tow truck driver makes some profit too. To prevent abuse, the car has to be 100% empty and the player has to be within say 300 units of his/her car.

Ways to Repair Cars
Would work in the same way as the gas can. However you would have to be in the tow yard to do it. Charges the player say 1500 to repair, 250 goes to the city and 250 goes to the tow truck driver. The other 1000 is "parts" if you wanna get serious.

Charge Players For Repairs
See above

Flatbead Tow Truck
Maybe after you play tow driver for like 6 hours, you get the option of a flatbed. VIP and GM get it regardless. Flat bead instead of applying the hook to the cars, teleports the car on to the flatbed. Useful for larger vehicles that cannot be towed by the hook truck.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

stop trying to suggest grabbing shit from a leaked gamemode, isnt going to happen

all we need to do is edit the tow truck so it can pull better and itd be fine
I'm not trying to suggest stolen stuff, the tow truck we have is bad.  The only way you can tow a car is by backing to the front and hoping your ligned up right.  And what happens if the car is parked forwards against a wall, or in a lake... I know admins won't want to have to leave what they are doing to help a tow truck driver pull a van out of a lake.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal