Author Topic: Ask Hazard Anything  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ask Hazard Anything
« on: December 03, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »
Why not?  Hit me.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ask Hazard Anything
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:49:10 PM »
When did you get your first unit? Because I feel like you reported me for my third blackmark which got me killed  :'(

What do you think of HRP?

What's your favorite division ASIDE from NOVA?

If you had to take another unit's job for a day, who's would it be, and why?

If you had to assume leadership of any country around the world, past or present, when and where would it be, and why?

Where'd you get the name Hazard Time?

Favorite MMO?

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:24 PM »
When did you get your first unit? Because I feel like you reported me for my third blackmark which got me killed  :'(

What do you think of HRP?

What's your favorite division ASIDE from NOVA?

If you had to take another unit's job for a day, who's would it be, and why?

If you had to assume leadership of any country around the world, past or present, when and where would it be, and why?

Where'd you get the name Hazard Time?

Favorite MMO?

I got my first unit (350) sometime late summer of 2011.  Also, it may have been partly all my fault that I told KMP that you as an EU didn't know how to breach, which made him question the competency of the entire CCA, leading to that huge test he made us all do.  :(

At first, I really had no respect of HRP.  To me, it was just another Dark RP server with some PERP elements.  Lately, however, I've gained a little respect for it in that it is possible to have fun AND RP outside of HL2RP.

That's really a tough one.  If I wasn't in NOVA, I would want to be APEX purely on the basis that I enjoy being a badass just as much as Challenge.

I would trade my rank for RCT any day.  I've told quite a few people this, but my biggest regret in joining the CCA was that I was more interested in ranking up and becoming a badass than actually RPing.  Fortunately, with the rank wipe incoming, I've gained Kronic's permission to reboot 350, so that I can right my wrongs through catharsis.

I really don't like responsibility when it comes to leadership.  If anything, I'd rather be citizen of a country.  In that case, it would be Rome.

I was trying to think up a name for my XBOX Live gamertag, and I was out of ideas.  Then I remembered a Let's Play I had just watched of this game called "Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard".  It was sort of a tongue-in-cheek parody of Duke Nukem featuring an out-of-work has-been video game hero who's own CEO is trying to kill him in order to gain vengeance for the stupidly hard games he starred in.  It was stupid, but his catch phrase (which was stuck in my head) happened to be, "It's Hazard time!"  Bing!  New gamer tag.

At the moment, my favorite is Guild Wars 2.  I rather like the fact that the game focuses more on character development than grinding skills.  Also, it has no subscription to play online, just a one-time fee of $60 for the game.  However, if you want a free MMO but your computer can't run Planetside 2, then I strongly suggest Vindictus.  It really doesn't feel like a free MMO, and I like how interactive the fighting is, even more so than Guild Wars 2.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:50:57 AM »
Not sure if you remember, but you accepted my unit into the CCA back in... June? July? I'm not sure. You were officer at the time and I'm not sure what it was- if you were in a rush or something- but I wasn't really asked too many questions in the interview, instead we hopped almost right away to the loyalty test. I know it's probably a long time and you don't remember why but I was wondering if there was a particular reason I accepted with so few questions.

Favourite Pink Floyd song?

Why did you choose this one?

Thoughts on my unit (017)?

Thoughts on UNIFORM's current training manifest/methods?

Thoughts on ZEALOT?

What do you think about me #originalquestion2k13

Congratulations on HRP admin, do you think you may admin for HL2RP?

Thoughts on Oz's C8 announcement?

When the server re-launches and the CCA is back in gear, wanna get the A-Team back together?

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 04:27:05 PM »
Not sure if you remember, but you accepted my unit into the CCA back in... June? July? I'm not sure. You were officer at the time and I'm not sure what it was- if you were in a rush or something- but I wasn't really asked too many questions in the interview, instead we hopped almost right away to the loyalty test. I know it's probably a long time and you don't remember why but I was wondering if there was a particular reason I accepted with so few questions.

Favourite Pink Floyd song?

Why did you choose this one?

Thoughts on my unit (017)?

Thoughts on UNIFORM's current training manifest/methods?

Thoughts on ZEALOT?

What do you think about me #originalquestion2k13

Congratulations on HRP admin, do you think you may admin for HL2RP?

Thoughts on Oz's C8 announcement?

When the server re-launches and the CCA is back in gear, wanna get the A-Team back together?

Back then, and still to this day, I see CCA recruit interviews as being a test of their RP skills.  The questions in particular should invoke a response from the character.  The interviewer should pay close attention and make sure that the candidate is staying in character.  Also, I didn't have that many ideas for questions :\  Anyways, the "loyalty" test is the most important, in my opinion.  In fact, its title is misleading in that I used to use the test to check to see if people could use /me effectively.  After all, ICly, most of the people joining the CCA would be desperate, broken, and hungry, so loyalty should not be that big of a question as the brainwashing during conditioning will take care of that.

Which song ISN'T my favorite?  Of course, if I had to pick one song, I'd say Eclipse, just because it is perhaps the best conclusion to any concept album I have ever heard.  Also, it completely changed my outlook on life.  I could go on for quite a bit longer on the philosophy of the Dark Side of the Moon, but I'll spare you that :3

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvte7HG-7g" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvte7HG-7g</a>

Seeing as you are in ZEALOT, I really haven't had much interaction with you.

My honest opinion is that UNIFORM is too hard on the recruits.  Of course, I have only heard the story from one side, so I can't say this for sure.  However, I think that blackmarks should not be handed out like candy.  Those who vouch for it say "Oh it is just a teaching tool."  You know what's a better teaching tool?  A good beating, KMP style.

I will admit that I was once a part of the anti-ZEALOT bandwagon, "ZEALOT OP, ZEALOT META."  Of course, I've done some homework since then.  As long as you aren't an active rebel group, raged won't give a fuck about you.  Kill/attack a unit or burn down a building, and he will write you a new definition of "butthurt".

I haven't heard anything bad about you, and all my experiences have been congenial.  Also, I can't remember, but did we ever play Empire Total War together once?  Also, I've been meaning to get more into Doctor Who, but I can never catch it when it's on.  So I just find as many memes as I can and pretend I'm a Whovian :(

If I have RTLK's permission, I would LOVE to be a HL2RP admin, seeing as I have much more experience there than any other server in the community.

I always rather liked C8 in its cyberpunk "Deus Ex" kind of look.  Of course, there is a LOT of stuff that detracts from canon, like the Amaria industries.  My favorite part of C8, though, was always the judgement waiver procedure, where the Citadel would open like in the beginning of HL2, sirens would blaze so loud that the bass would cause your vision to shake, and all the citizens would involuntarily lose their bowels.  My god, it is the most epic thing I have ever seen.

Sure, but as I said before, 350 will be defaulted, so I'm not sure if it will work out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal