Author Topic: Fail CCA Applications (Contains Flaming)  (Read 2367 times)

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
Fail CCA Applications (Contains Flaming)
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:23:21 PM »
I was looking at a few CCA apps, and I've found a couple that are completely ridiculous. Aston Ashmoon's, for example. I can't even explain it. You have to see it.

People just think they take one trip to the forums (No posts or time on the forum, I've seen one from a player who has been on the forums for two days, the rest lie)., make an application with no roleplay or thought or even story into it, and simply fail. They think it's only a little different than "DarkRP" and they just type /votecop and POOF!!! They become a "cop". 

I've seen a lot of great applications, but we gotta be much more strict with it. Really. I've seen so many fail applications, and one or two have even been accepted. The grammar and punctuation on some is bad, liars, people that think HL2RP is the same as DarkRP, the like. And the best part? Some people RP great up to 05 or whenever they find and/or get their hands on a gun. Mass RDM spree. Tarnishes the server's reputation and ruins great RP.
I think something needs to be done about it. Both fail CCA apps and minges in general.
Click to see the original size.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fail CCA Applications (Contains Flaming)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:28:24 PM »
Fail applications are denied. RP is monitored. Nothing else can be done.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 03:39:01 PM »
Those who read the applications and determine whether or not they're acceptable or not are experienced admins that spend time in HL2RP. As Globey said, fail applications like the one you've described are denied. Occasionally, an application that could have been better slips through I'm sure. Its like not like every single person that applies gets their application accepted though. Those with post counts under 10 are immediately denied, and if I'm not mistaken, a bit of a background check is even done to see if any of their 10 posts could be considered postwhoring.

Also, I'm not saying mass RDM sprees don't happen by units, but they're not happening frequently in any sense of the word.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:46:15 PM »
Also, I'm not saying mass RDM sprees don't happen by units, but they're not happening frequently in any sense of the word.

Actually, I remember an 01 that went on a killing spree in the Nexus and posted it on Youtube. I was in that video getting shot in the face. :3

But back on topic.

Just as airborne had said, applications are looked over well, followed by a background check and intreview into the CCA. And as I've heard from several people that check these apps, the process will now be much stricter.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:37:59 PM »
As you may have noticed, I am doing my best to deny as much of these fail applications as possible.

Offline NRK

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:46:25 PM »
I've never seen this problem with any CCA units and I believe if a CCA unit goes on a mass RMD spree their Banded from the server so rest a sure that everything is being taken care of and the only real ming problems the server gets is by Citizens who come in and yes act like its DarkRP but their quickly taken care of or ignored so every things good in the hood and the ming population is going down and I've yet to see a large problem with it in HL2RP
God Bless the Greatest Country on Earth

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 04:03:27 AM »
I dont see why you posted this in the first place, i mean youre complaining about bad RPers posting bad applications, we cant really prevent that. Those apps get denied anyway.

Offline deleted

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:45 AM »
I see that most fail applications don't get accepted. But we DO have a minge problem. Just last night, a super mingebag named "Ryan Brown" terrorized the server, DC'ed out to avoid administrators, messed with units, failed to respond to verdicts, trespassing whenever he could, speaking every possible OOC word IC, lol, omg, noob, the like. Metagaming, powergaming (A unit shot him in the leg, failed to RP it), as said no painRP, no fearRP, no RP whatsoever, mingegrabbing, bunny hopping around, it was ridiculous. His list goes on and on. He may be a really bad minge, but there are PLENTY more out there who probably act just like him. Although that was slightly off-topic, I've been reviewing applications and have noticed a larger number are being denied than when I saw on the day I posted this.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
I'm not sure whether it was you I responded to, or another unit with the same mindset, but Hell will freeze over before Rofl EVER considers whitelisting HL2RP.  Yes, we are going to get new players fresh out of Dark RP, and it is our job to teach them.  The least we can do is point them towards the guides on the forums.  Instantly banning anyone who doesn't know how to RP is outright elitism.  I would even consider it borderline RP-Nazism (Russia is for Russians, anyone?).

In short, if a new player connects and doesn't want to learn how to seriously RP, then they have until the time the next admin gets on to leave the server or be banned.  If they do want to learn, however, then stop calling them a noob and teach them!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal