Author Topic: What's up with CCA promotions?  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What's up with CCA promotions?
« on: March 01, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
I'm not complaining or asking for anything in this post, but I'm curious about something I've noticed lately. Some units seem to be getting promoted much faster than others for reasons I don't think are valid. I don't think the issue is lack of training and/or time requirements being fulfilled, I think its a problem with each divisions HC. I'm going to give an example of the issue I'm trying to point out without using any unit digits or names. What I'm about to describe is true, and I've watched it happen for over a month now. In the example below, Unit 1 and 2 are in different divisions. Let's say Unit 1 is in NOVA and Unit 2 is in GRID.

Unit 1 is an 03. Unit 1 remained an 04 just waiting to be promoted for about 3 weeks. Unit 1 has been an 03 for 1 week. So altogether, unit 1 has been in the CCA for 1 month and 1 week (including recruit training). Unit 2 just joined the CCA. Unit 2 is on day 1 of their recruit training. After 7 days, Unit 2 is promoted to 04, on time as usual. Unit 1 by this time, has completed their 02 training and has about another week before they can be promoted to 02. A week passes, and Unit 2 is promoted to 03, on time as usual. Unit 1 still hasn't been promoted and remains an 03. Unit 1 now has about 1 month and 2 weeks in the CCA, and unit 2 has about 2-2 1/2  weeks in the CCA. They are both 03's now.  Let's continue on with this real example. Another week passes and unit 1 is still an 03, as it unit 2. Unit 1 takes a break for 1 week and doesn't play much at all. When unit 1 returns after that 1 week, he see's that unit 2 is now an 02. So let's take a look at each unit's time spent in the CCA. Unit has a total of 1 month, and 3 weeks in the CCA, while unit 2 has about 3 weeks in the CCA. Unit 1 completed all their training with time to spare and had no problem being promoted previously, once it was recognized that he should be promoted. Let's say unit also completed all their training for the next rank on time. Unit 2 is now an 02 and has been in the CCA for not even 1 full month. Unit 1 has been in the CCA for almost 2 full months, and is still an 03. Anyone see a problem here? Let's add in another aspect of the story that hasn't been mentioned yet. Unit 1 pointed out to an OfC in his division that his training was complete and his time was fulfilled for 02. Unit 1 was not promoted, and has made no mistakes, had no black marks, etc., and is actually a decent RPer. Same with unit 2. Unit 2 did the same thing in their division, and was promoted. So why wasn't unit 1? Based on this story (which is a real example, that actually happened and is happening) unit 1 and 2 had nothing against them that would make HC in their divisions say "I'm not promoting you because of (fill in the blank)." Unit 2 however, was promoted exactly on the day their time requirement was fulfilled while unit 1 was either not promoted at all, or promoted weeks after.

Also, let's just sit back and look at the situation. An experience unit, an 03 with 2 months of time in the CCA, is surpassed by someone who wasn't even accepted yet when unit 1 was an 04. I don't understand this concept, nor can I think of any excuse for such a thing. Unit 1 was an 04 as long as unit 2 has been in the CCA altogether, yet unit 2 is now a higher rank than unit 1. You could say that unit 1 didn't finish their training in time, but that's untrue, since I stated that both units finished their training with time to spare each time.

So it seems there's a problem with each divisions HC. One division's HC doesn't have a problem with their members letting them know when they're supposed to be promoted, and promoting them accordingly. The other division's HC wants to make its own rules about how, who, and when it promotes. If that's the case, then I think that needs to be changed, because units in one division are outranking units in other divisions simply because HC in another division doesn't feel like changing someone's name. Also, I've found that asking different HC units in the same division the same question yields different answers. Letting one HC unit know that your time requirement is done and you've completed your training is different from letting another one know. One may say, we're doing promotions because no one is worthy. Another will promote you accordingly.

HC for each division needs to be on the same page about things. I don't think they need to be able to run their division any way they want, no matter what. That's just like having separate states that make their own rules, but follow 1 set of general rules. Isn't the CCA supposed to be united under the command of the CmD's and SeC? If so, then why does it seem that each division is trying to make their division its own separate CCA by doing shit completely different from another division? I know that they all have different jobs, but some things are universal, such as promotions. One division shouldn't be able to change the rules of how, who, and when they promote from the general way of how its typically done. What I mean by this is for example, one division's HC says they're not going to promote based on time requirements and training fulfillments and not to ask or let it be known that you're supposed to be promoted, while another division's HC has no problem with their members asking for and letting HC know they're due for a promotion. The reason people let their HC units know they're due for a promotion is so they won't be forgotten. If you start letting HC promote based on who they think is "Worthy", then they're going to get lazy, miss people who actually have earned their their promotion, forget about people who need to be and should be rightfully promoted, etc. So why does one division have a problem with their units letting it be known they're due for a promotion, while another doesn't? That sort of thing is causing the event I described above with unit 1 and 2.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What's up with CCA promotions?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:38:52 PM »
We don't promote every unit because they finished their training or time requirement. We promote active, good roleplaying, and 'nice' units.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »
We don't promote every unit because they finished their training or time requirement. We promote active, good roleplaying, and 'nice' units.

Like void?
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »
I still don't know who the fuck is void, he just randomly popped up out of nowhere and suddenly has a decent rank in the CCA or something.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »

I understand this, and I agree with that concept. It seems that its not what you know, but who you know in many cases. I've seen many units that actually are good RPers and put detail into their RP and take pride in it and they get stuck as an 04 or 03 for months. I see recruits who are also good RPers who get promoted to 01 in a month. So why are half of the units getting left out when they RP just as good, if not better than those who are going from RCT to 02 in 3 weeks? It seems like one division will promoted based on training and time requirements, and another will promote based on who is "Worthy" of their promotion based on their activity and RP skill. Like I said, the divisions shouldn't be on different pages on things.

Even a unit was an exceptional RPer and finished their time and training on time, I still don't see why that's an excuse for them to go from RCT to 02 in a month, while others are out there doing a fine job RPing and not getting promoted for weeks on end.

I still don't know who the fuck is void, he just randomly popped up out of nowhere and suddenly has a decent rank in the CCA or something.

I've also seen this "void" guy around have wondered the same.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:42:35 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

RCT > That UED shit or whatever.

Basically RCT < Above SeC in authority.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 06:24:30 PM »
Void:

RCT < Nothing.

UED is not apart of the CCA, it is apart of the UU, same as the CmDs and SeCs. Void got a separate Unit for UED.

UED < No authority. Can not order Units, only suggest things.

Promotions:

Like Bluff said, we promote Units who excel at what they do, not if they got a time requirement and training.

C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
The units I promote within GRID are not promoted based on the training. I promote based on what they have done AND if they have done the training and time requirements. Units do not need to complain of not being promoted at all.. they will all get their chances as I never forget them.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Cowgirl*^_^*

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
If you want to get promoted so bad you know what to do. 

5% warning issued for non-constructive and disturbing post.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:41:59 PM by DJ Purple »

Fucka you haters XD

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 02:03:35 PM »
If you want to get promoted so bad you know what to do. 

Who opened the door and closes it, lol!

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »
Favoritism, most likely.
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

Offline igor

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »

I understand this, and I agree with that concept. It seems that its not what you know, but who you know in many cases. I've seen many units that actually are good RPers and put detail into their RP and take pride in it and they get stuck as an 04 or 03 for months. I see recruits who are also good RPers who get promoted to 01 in a month. So why are half of the units getting left out when they RP just as good, if not better than those who are going from RCT to 02 in 3 weeks? It seems like one division will promoted based on training and time requirements, and another will promote based on who is "Worthy" of their promotion based on their activity and RP skill. Like I said, the divisions shouldn't be on different pages on things.

Even a unit was an exceptional RPer and finished their time and training on time, I still don't see why that's an excuse for them to go from RCT to 02 in a month, while others are out there doing a fine job RPing and not getting promoted for weeks on end.

I've also seen this "void" guy around have wondered the same.

That's the way it is, "void" is just lucky, or knows one of the SAs IRL, nonetheless it isn't fair.
C45.CCA.APEX-05.245

'Clyde'

Kal'Rinok

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »
Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, we had a unit that was promoted from 03 to 01 in less than a week. He was a fail RPer and a fail unit. Good thing he's OWR'd now.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:03 PM »
Unfortunately, a few weeks ago, we had a unit that was promoted from 03 to 01 in less than a week. He was a fail RPer and a fail unit. Good thing he's OWR'd now.

I'm glad you mentioned this, Jonco. This sheds a bit of light on the issue I'm talking about. How could such a thing have even happened? This sort of thing I think is proof that promotions need to be monitored so that people don't go from 03 to 01 in a week. At the same time, people shouldn't go from 03 to 02 in 2 months if they're active, good RPers, and finish their training. It seems some units are getting promoted quickly and others aren't, as I've already mentioned. The only thing I can think that is an excuse for such a thing is favoritism of some sort. You can't bring personal relationships into promoting people. An even, balanced amount of time should pass before anyone is promoted, regardless of how much they've earned it, how good of an RPer they are, how much training they have, etc. That amount of time shouldn't be setup so that someone can go from a RCT to 02 in less than a month.

Also, for those who think I'm asking for a promotion here, I apologize if it seems that's my goal. I'm not in need of a promotion right now, nor am I asking for one. I'm simply pointing out something I've seen a lot of and have experienced a bit of in the past.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal