Author Topic: Awesome Event Ruined Today (02/09/12)  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Awesome Event Ruined Today (02/09/12)
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:09 PM »
This is partially a rant by me, but its a valid rant in my opinion. What happened with this was ridiculous in my eyes.

So I was on my NOVA unit on the City server today and we had a really nice murder/clue following event going on. I got to actually tag and bag evidence and get into forensics a bit and help follow clues and try to logically catch this killer because I was one of the few NOVA units on. It was really an enjoyable RP experience for me to a point. The problem was, people wanted to start attacking units that weren't involved in the event, which caused everyone to drop what they were doing with the event and go help with that stuff. One of the problems was another troll minge that caused such an uproar that we had to drop everything and then deal with that. On top of all this, I'm supposed to be ICly investigating UCH rooms and gathering evidence. During this time I'm asking questions over the radio and giving information, etc., and no one is responding. Not even to my OOC questions of "Is anyone even there?" After awhile, I started to get fed up with the constant distractions, other units completely forgetting about the event to go do other shit, citizens wanting to "Attack" other units that caused even more distractions, and just the lack of guidance and participation by anyone other than myself. So I pretty much just stopped participating in the event just like everyone else did for no real reason.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Awesome Event Ruined Today (02/09/12)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:32:22 PM »
There are five words that I say to this. Admins. Need. to. be. Stricter. When you come across a new person/troll, you need to either try to teach them about RP, or kick/ban them. They do not need warnings, that they would obviously ignore. And if the admins can't do this and say, 'We don't have the time.' well make time, considering it is ruining the whole objective of RP. This is why I have litterally just stopped city RP, too many trolls loljumping and lolrunning on there. I try to report them when and if I can, but using /admin also seems to become impossible to get a response to. Anybody agree with what I'm saying here?
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline {-=ECRP-CO=-}Pvt.Benjamen

• King of Spam
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 06:12:01 AM »
Oh no!!!! damn it, u should just wait for another event then ey?  :'( :'( :'( :'(
C45.RCT.S1.865: Status: Fine] Recently shot in the foot by 21100 Whilst training in the Killhouse, Was treated by an S4 Unit, Is patrolling the Plaza and just recently clamped P3 With an 05.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 01:42:30 PM »
Oh no!!!! damn it, u should just wait for another event then ey?  :'( :'( :'( :'(

That's just what I did. And now we have one, which is going well. My post was partly a rant and partly to show the issue of people fucking up good RP with bullshit.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »
That's how 90% of city events go, I'd try Outlands if you want a higher standard of roleplay
o7

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 05:45:15 PM »
That's how 90% of city events go, I'd try Outlands if you want a higher standard of roleplay

But outlands follows another section of Half Life 2, meaning totally different events.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:20:42 PM »

But outlands follows another section of Half Life 2, meaning totally different events.

By totally different, I assume you mean well-executed and with quality participants?
o7

Offline Bu11et90

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »
I do agree, Outlands has a more expereince and space for events to spread. As for city is very closed and cluttered
Outlands-Frank Bullit /John Franko
Xbox/Steam-Bu11et90

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »

By totally different, I assume you mean well-executed and with quality participants?

No, I mean the difference between a simple citizen murder from antlions flying around with refugees killing them. Not everybody may be interested in city/outlands events, and trolls shouldn't have a say on what you choose.
\\r\\n\\r\\n

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal