Author Topic: [OBSOLETE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e_r  (Read 24545 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1e_r
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2012, 08:24:13 PM »
UPDATE: Kronic and myself just tested it on the dev server and he isn't reporting any animation issues with any of the models. Just waiting on some plugins to be installed and then map data can be carried over to the city server.

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
OP updated with the map link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cn7jrpj7fsbx5z0

Extract to addons!

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2012, 03:06:03 AM »
They look styled in American fashion. I'm thinking specifically a big city, maybe Chicago or even New York. They look utilitarian (Which is how most American buildings are built) but don't quite look flat enough to be Eastern Bloc.

It doesn't matter because this game is made by CCA players for CCA players. It's disgusting how many things are added to the CCA. The size of the Nexus is absolutely staggering. It's ridiculous. There is absolutely no representation for citizens. Then the apartments are made even worse by adding that stupid ugly gray door that ruins the whole feel. The one place the citizens could feel semi-alone.

You can add a gigantic elevator that goes from the Nexus to the surface, but you can't make the apartments look Eastern. Yeah.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2012, 04:26:03 AM »
Don't like the map? Play Outlands, the entire server dedicated to Citizen and Resistance RP.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
I think this map is great! Fantastic job to those who made it. My highlights were...

-The nice detainment bit in the RDT, not sure if new but I've never seen it before.

-The sexy Nexus... everything about it is so beautiful!

-The sneaky surveillance post inside the UCH

In summary: Thanks for giving us this map, it will be great. When will it launch? 

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »
Don't like the map? Play Outlands, the entire server dedicated to Citizen and Resistance RP.

Nobody is on outlands. At any rate your comment is irrelevant because it does nothing to address the fact that the main faction of HL2RP, which it seems I need to remind people, is the citizens, gets almost zero attention. What about the apartments in D6? Just spruce them up. Do something for god's sake. Don't just remove Precinct Two for no reason whatsoever.

I am ignorant of coding and what generally causes RSO, but lights in the apartments that turn on and off are too much while the CCA gets a giant elevator, secret rooms all over the map like the torture room in the train station, a huge elaborate base that they obviously do not need, lights and props all over the Nexus including interrogation chairs that generate lightning when turned on and tons of other excessive nonsense. Don't even get me started on the small little CWU base that nobody seems to care about.

Offline Sectus

• Flutterbutter
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2012, 11:20:22 AM »
Nobody is on outlands. At any rate your comment is irrelevant because it does nothing to address the fact that the main faction of HL2RP, which it seems I need to remind people, is the citizens, gets almost zero attention. What about the apartments in D6? Just spruce them up. Do something for god's sake. Don't just remove Precinct Two for no reason whatsoever.

I am ignorant of coding and what generally causes RSO, but lights in the apartments that turn on and off are too much while the CCA gets a giant elevator, secret rooms all over the map like the torture room in the train station, a huge elaborate base that they obviously do not need, lights and props all over the Nexus including interrogation chairs that generate lightning when turned on and tons of other excessive nonsense. Don't even get me started on the small little CWU base that nobody seems to care about.

Well, I suppose you could always take this as the combine furthering their invasion on the privacy of citizens. In all fairness, citizens are not supposed to like the way things are anyway. It is supposed to be a brutal and oppressive rule, which makes them want to do anything to escape from it. The fact that you are upset by the CCA having it better just means that the immersion-effect is doing it's job.

http://sectussection.tumblr.com - My Tumblr Review Page
https://twitter.com/Sectus12 - My Twitter Page

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2012, 12:10:11 PM »
Yes but the citizens being oppressed does not equal the CCA have much more content. Smaller apartment complexes with unique rooms in each could be a start. This doesn't even have to be viable. At least it's an idea for citizens to kick around. The CCA getting the bulk of content which I assume helps RSO is, if true, no excuse not add lights to apartments that can be turned on/off etc.

I'm fine with being oppressed, that's why I like citizen RP. It's great to live in a Cultural Revolution of sorts. But the true reason for the CCA's overwhelming amount of content and luxuries is the apathy towards citizen RP, not for the good of immersion. Most citizen players are too young and honestly, too stupid to care, because they aspire to be a CCA someday and view Citizen RP as a stepping stone.

Citizen RP should not be viewed as a stepping stone. Hell, this would never happen, but I'd be happier with the removal of D6 to open up more content to normal citizens. Resistance can roleplay in the shadows of bars and alleyways and run down apartments. I know ROFLWAFFLE will never let this happen so it's a moot point. The only counter-arguement I can think of to my assertion is that plenty of content is devoted to citizens in D6. It's a shame though because as we all know D6 contains a lot of minges that can't be addressed without admins.

If the Outlands server had more players I'd be on there right now. But I do very much love the oppressive feel of citizen RP. There is no reason to remove Precinct Two and add some stupid worthless elevator to the Nexus. In all fairness Precinct Two sucked. A new precinct should have been added. But instead citizens lost one more piece of their RP. Nobody cares because all the citizens want to be CCA. I am normally a CWU and I know that they are neglected very much so as well - but citizen RP should always come first in this server.

And to clarify to all you admins - I very much respect all of you, especially OZ. He is always quick to respond and helpful. But I also have to make my points on here clearly to all of you and I hope you understand and will take them into consideration. I know that I'm a jackass and I apologize as well for that.

Offline El Problemo?

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »
You have to remember the citizens didn't get everything their way in the city either.
HL2RP Characters:

C45.CCA.GRID-03.826: Alive

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
D6 has shops, benches, parks, apartments, RDT...

What else could you possibly ask for?

Offline ur mom bob

• Mofag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2012, 01:25:18 PM »
I rarely even saw citizens in P2, all they did was go there for the sewer entrance from the bar.

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
I think this map is great! Fantastic job to those who made it. My highlights were...

-The nice detainment bit in the RDT, not sure if new but I've never seen it before.

-The sexy Nexus... everything about it is so beautiful!

-The sneaky surveillance post inside the UCH

In summary: Thanks for giving us this map, it will be great. When will it launch?

That sneaky surveillance post happens to be my doings, only :3

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2012, 06:18:06 PM »
If I ever feel compelled to make a second version, I'm going to expand the street next to the Diordna with some citizen specific stuff.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:11 PM »
If I ever feel compelled to make a second version, I'm going to expand the street next to the Diordna with some citizen specific stuff.
Add a lobby to the apartments, similar to the one in C18. Window showing plaza, etc. That was nice.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2012, 08:25:59 PM »
I already gave Oz some new apartment ideas for a future version way before he completed x1e.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal