Author Topic: Dr. Vanessa Tiefiel  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dr. Vanessa Tiefiel
« on: March 25, 2012, 11:08:51 PM »
A citizen brought an explosive into the Nexus (with RP) and responding units roleplayed it out properly. The explosive was a large one, large enough to leave a lot of debris and kill 4 soldiers (RP'd NPCs). This would mean her face would be destroyed, and since no NOVA units responded, other than 922, she died due to her injuries. This caused a lot of problems. The CCA now put the people that made the explosive responsible for the CA's death. There was also information and 922 (me) went through trying to treat Dr. Vanessa Tiefiel.

While in the server, a day after it happened, still being discussed with units ICly, Dr. Vanessa starts making broadcasts. I understand that it was an event, but NLR doesn't work the same with CA's as it does with citizens. The citizens ICly have been told she has died, and units have been told ICly that she has died, and some units witnessed the explosion it self.

I apologize for complaining, it's just I find it unfair that a lot of RP has to be destroyed and derailed just for a CA to continue being alive ICly.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dr. Vanessa Tiefiel
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:16:09 PM »
I understand it feels "weird" to you. This was an EVENT... NO PKS are issued in events. We have had similar things happen before. I agreed with Globey that I would not have PKed as it was an event.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:31 PM »
The thing is, it's voiding a LARGE RP. If I was in the situation, I would still just not use the character for a good amount of time.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
You told me in steam the body was incinerated.. Event over. No point to continue on.. you want me to RP as a ghost now?
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »
I just don't want the character to be alive and broadcasting less than 24 hours after the RP..
Characters

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:44:05 AM »
Firstly, the general rule here is that no PKs are issued during events.

Secondly, we're applying the concept of 'red-shirting' in this situation. Simply put, Tiefiel didn't die; it was just another CA.

It was NOT the intent of the event to have anybody PK'd.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal