Author Topic: Scary Movie 5  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Doctor Nice roButt

• The Lag Queen
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Scary Movie 5
« on: March 17, 2014, 04:51:41 PM »
I wasn't even aware this came out, but apparently it did. I already knew the reviews would be bad, the most being 3.5 and the least being 1, but was actually surprised when I watched it. It might have been because I didn't have to spend money to watch it, but I enjoyed it.

The jokes were unintelligent, but I wasn't expecting to be anything but dumb. I think if you take it as a dumb movie where the actors are just there to have fun and it's low budget and just for laughs, then you can enjoy it better. I giggled a few times, which is pretty good considering how bad the movie is seen as.

Probably one of the first moments I smiled was in the middle of the "they're having sex but not really" scene with Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan. At first I was like, haha, really guys? This is overly dumb. But then they started doing gymnastics and completely ignored the previous joke of failing to have sex. I dunno, it was dumb but kinda funny.

I laughed at the scene with the giant blunt, but not because of the jokes they were making. It was the prop itself and less of the horrid dialogue between Snoop Dog and the other guy.

The scene where the girl is eating the Popsicle wrong and is told do use the other end, so it implies she stuck it up her butt, surprised me enough to get a laugh. It was a really immature joke, but the girl's reaction and that I wasn't expecting it to happen gave me a giggle. They timed it pretty quick and didn't have it drag on and just moved on after was a really good move.

Also, boy does this movie make a lot of racist jokes, but I was expecting as much. I kinda liked the scene where Maria, the maid, kept piling religious objects onto the baby, and the black people talking during the ballet.

The dildo scene wasn't funny at all, but it was a nice touch to have the girl acknowledge that she knew what a dildo was and the parents had no reason to lie to her. Small smile, I guess.

Maria in the toilet closet was funny until they made the jet engine fart joke. Would have been better if the joke had ended when she opened the closet.

The lesbian sex scene was funny when they got to the cat licking a lolipop and other visual gag part. Ashley's faces were added to it.

The last scene where the shark eats Mama was actually kinda funny. It's nice to see a joke pay off later rather than try and force the punchline as quickly as possible.

I dunno, if you say Scary Movie 5, what was your opinion on it?

"Bert John: Grammer, English, your sentence isn't making sense. "

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal