Author Topic: Fucking steam.  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
Fucking steam.
« on: March 30, 2012, 10:35:47 PM »
Hey guys, I have just bought Half-Life One from the Steam store and I have installed it, but when I attempted to get on it, I was excited as shit, then it kept just saying "OPENING HL1""OPENING HL1" like ten times, then I shut down Steam then uninstalled HL1 then re-installed it, then it did not do it, BUT it showed a picture of Gordon Freeman holding his trusty ass shotgun, then it just disappeared...What is happening and how can i fix this?
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fucking steam.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:14 PM »
Have you tried: "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" or defragmenting cache files, etc? You could also try this Data Exception Prevention thing: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7169-TIAV-5361

Just scroll down a bit and you'll find it.
HL2RP Characters
CCA.C45.APEX-02.929: Maintaing sociostabilty

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 01:00:37 AM »
Have you tried: "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" or defragmenting cache files, etc? You could also try this Data Exception Prevention thing: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7169-TIAV-5361

Just scroll down a bit and you'll find it.
I did the "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" thing and it still did not work, so afterwords I tried to find the DEP, I could not find it.
|\'Luna\'|ALIVE| Walking around Ineu, with Mossberg 590 in hand and a machete in the other, staring down strangers, attempting to find her problems, and eliminate them.\r\n|Unit 680|ACTIVE|Walking around the Nexus, attempting to find ways to stand out of the crowd.

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
Data Execution Prevention:

1.Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention.

2.Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

3.Select "Add", navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam (or your default Steam directory), and add Steam.exe to the exception list.

4.Additionally, you will need to add the executable (hl2.exe, for example) for any game you are seeing issues with.  These files will either be in Steam\steamapps\common\<Game Title> or in \Steam\steamapps\<Your Steam Account Name>\<Game Title>\

HL2RP Characters

Offline Derpy Vinyl

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:19:29 PM »
Data Execution Prevention:

1.Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention.

2.Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

3.Select "Add", navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam (or your default Steam directory), and add Steam.exe to the exception list.

4.Additionally, you will need to add the executable (hl2.exe, for example) for any game you are seeing issues with.  These files will either be in Steam\steamapps\common\<Game Title> or in \Steam\steamapps\<Your Steam Account Name>\<Game Title>\
Dude, I love you so much, it works now! Thank you!

Offline Semiorph

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
No problem. Glad I could help. :)
HL2RP Characters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal