Author Topic: Macros / bind keys, how to make those?  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Macros / bind keys, how to make those?
« on: February 14, 2012, 11:17:31 AM »
Hey there.
When I'm playing I usually see's other units have a binded key / macros, which give them an advantage and makes the roleplay a little faster.
Like: "Unit >digits< raises his stunstick, flicking it on. A sound of electricity sounds in the air"

How can I make a bind for some thing like that? ^^^^^^^
I know I need to write in console: Bind >key< say /me (or something like that) to make it work, but it won't allow me.
Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? :)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Macros / bind keys, how to make those?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
If you want to have a single line of text when you push a button, just openylur console and do this:
bind a "say /me swigs his AR2 around from behind his back, sets the power on, and disables the safety."

Include the quotes. Now if you want to have multiple lines in a secuence, you will require a keyboard/mouse with macro programming. This is good though as you can toggle consone commands "such as +forward to walk and talk" or do a /me while performing a /anim. Ill make a guide on this subject soon.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 01:51:06 PM »
Okay, goto Console and type in (Ignore quotation marks in the beginning, add bolded ones) " Bind h say "/me raises stunstick and flicks it on"

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
Okay, goto Console and type in (Ignore quotation marks in the beginning, add bolded ones) " Bind h say "/me raises stunstick and flicks it on"
This actually wont work as its reading it as a double input and will fail.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

It works for me

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:15:45 AM »

It works for me
it might but its good practoce to keep the entire output in brackets before the input cause it will always work when you do that. I also think there are ways to link multiple outputs just with the console.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal