Author Topic: Calypso The Troublemaker  (Read 1967 times)

Calypso

Calypso The Troublemaker
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:25:17 PM »
I just registered on this site because I intend to have my character create trouble, at least more so than he already has. I dunno, maybe I'll make a faction or something, I just hope the CP roleplayers can keep up and don't just power-trip "I win always I am CP undefeatable", or something equally frustrating.

In reality I am old enough to drink, I'm an established fiction writer, and I make big bucks by being in the strongest military in the world.

So that being said, I have a pretty good understanding of how to make a good story/character, and military practice.

As my character, I'm not going to be content to just sit around and rub rags on the ground, so if you see a character from the Calypso family in game, chances are I'm either up to no good already, or planning something fun.

Just do me a favor and play along if you see me on the server. I don't log on to just do the same nothing, so please don't get so caught up in the "this is how it's always been" mentality that you refuse to let the story progress.

And if admins/CP/anyone has questions for me about character/story development or something military related (perhaps to make the CP more realistic), just let me know.

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Calypso The Troublemaker
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Welcome to Catalyst Gaming

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
Welcome to CG, enjoy your stay.

Calypso

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 11:40:20 PM »
I intend to. When I can find time to log in to the server at least.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 02:05:49 AM »
I'm an established fiction writer

Awesome, do elaborate

and welcome to CG and all that
o7

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 03:37:30 AM »
Are you saying your character is in the military or are you... And welcome to CG.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Calypso

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:01 PM »
No, I am actually in the military as well as being an active fiction writer, I had hinted that my character had military background as well, but not in the sense that would give an unfair advantage.

Being over-powered is not my thing in RP. If I wanted to do that, I would just go outside in real life, ha ha!

No, the challenge of playing a character is giving them serious flaws and having to overcome them....That being said....

I'm not content to have my character just join the CWU, or standard rub rags type deal. I had intended (and begun), to start testing the waters along the lines of being an "anti-citizen". Which introduces a few potential problems. The first being that I have to find other people (recruit them in-game) with a similar mindset, and a mentality/ability to work within the RP rules to create a viable, and effective such group. This part I can take care of.

The second part, however, is more up to the server admins, and CP trainers. I need to know if I will be able to actually use a realistic situation to gain an advantage, or if the CPs just "automatically win" every conflict.

For example, would it be possible for a group of people to ambush a single CP, armed with nothing but numbers and crude impliments, and come away victorious, with a gun or stunstick?

Or should I expect that if I plan such a thing, the automatic response of the CP will be to metagame summon all of his buddies to "accidentally stumble upon the scene" and shoot us all. Or refuse to acknowledge that his character is just as mortal as everyone else's, and bust some stupid ninja powergaming 1 vs 8 and win nonsense.

What I'm trying to say is this: The time I've spent on your server the CP have been very well trained and RP appropriately, but I'm not going to even bother if when I try to do something unique and interesting it is just squashed by a 13-year-old kid who plays CP on a power trip and refuses to Play-to-lose, even when it makes perfect sense.

Is this something I have to worry about? Or can I feel confident that you guys have trained the CP well enough to accept a change in the normal practices they are used to?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »
If you demonstrate that you're an experienced roleplayer, the CPs will be happy to play along. An OOC warning via PM sometimes helps as well.
o7

Calypso

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
Thanks. That's what I needed to hear. Additionally, is there a feasible way to get a gun from a CP to a civilian character? Or would I need to involve some admins to make that happen?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:37 AM »
If you carry out a fully / fairly roleplayed mugging or a similar action, you can take the CP's weapon. However, there are always consequences to your actions. If you plan on stealing a CP's weapon, you should be prepared to hide it and/or yourself. When a CP's weapon is stolen, the district will usually go into lockdown, and a mass search and inspection is usually undertaken to find the instigator and the stolen arms.
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal