Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Potential CWU Overhaul  (Read 4610 times)

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DISCUSSION] Potential CWU Overhaul
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:16 AM »

In order to encourage more activity and passive from the CWU a potential overhaul has been designed by myself with input from several members of the community aiming to bring around citizen roleplay and create more things for citizens to do. Essentially, the basics are:

- A majority of CWU members will be wiped to make room for active characters. Those who are active on their CWU shouldn't have to worry about this.

- The CWU will be given a new leader and two co-leaders who will be responsible for interacting with the Civil Administrator Bureau (CAB) and assisting with events coordinated by the CAB. The CWU will then be seperated into individual managers who will be responsible for running their own businesses.

- The manager themselves have the ability to choose what business they run, how it's ran and what potential employees they will hire. In turn the manager will be required to pay their workers an amount of tokens that they choose on a shift basis (this ensures that for example, Bob works in the box factory and is paid 40 tokens for 20 minutes of OOC work. This would be a shift which was created by the CWU manager who set both the OOC time and the token payrate.) Other businesses can include simple things like operating general shops or produce shops (which will play an important role following the implementation of the hunger mod if it is approved by the administration team) which will turn out a bigger profit.

- Certain industries such as janitorial work and factory work will be given token packages by the CAB instead of having to raise a profit. This way janitors and the like can still get paid however the CWU manager's income will be funneled through the CAB.

- If shops don't operate then there will be no jobs. If there's no jobs then there's little food and thus citizens will starve and likely engage in riot based roleplay. It'll operate like a real economy where players will react realistically to the shortages of income, jobs and food.

Essentially that's the jest of it. Post opinions/feedback/discussion ideas here.

edit: I forgot to also mention there'll still be a medical division however their services will be primarily excluded to citizens with a certain amount of loyalist points.

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [DISCUSSION] Potential CWU Overhaul
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:53:22 AM »
I really like this idea.

I can't tell you how often I am on my CWU and there is almost nothing to do, and no other workers ever get on. The Medical division in the CWU is like broken almost to. This will not only create more of an RP enviroment, and but make it more enjoyable for others, and maybe we will get some active daily CWU characters.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »
Yes, but here is some questions

How can we get citizens to work for if everyone carry a high amount of tokens and able to spawn light black marked goods?
I've been trying to create work role-play with the citizens but it all went to "Herpderp, no thanks" due to these issues I mention above. Yes a hunger mod is great to have as the citizens will starve if they don't work. But they will most likely just spawn something on their own and eat that.

The main reason why the activity in CWU is near "not a soul" level is because most people are at P3 so all the workers are alone in there store, waiting up to hours just to get a simple visitor who MIGHT want to buy something. And who wish to stare in the air as the other citizens having passive roleplay in P3?

Remove the v flag + a wipe on the previous tokens and enable "hunger mod" will make an effect.
The bad thing about this idea is a lot of people will get butthurt as they have bought those benefits for real money, but seriously it isn't about the fucking tokens or the fucking flags at all!

Credit goes to jackal

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
Yes, but here is some questions

How can we get citizens to work for if everyone carry a high amount of tokens and able to spawn light black marked goods?
I've been trying to create work role-play with the citizens but it all went to "Herpderp, no thanks" due to these issues I mention above. Yes a hunger mod is great to have as the citizens will starve if they don't work. But they will most likely just spawn something on their own and eat that.

I can't do anything about donation policies but neither can I stop players from targeting said 'token whores' and mugging them for their money. That's probably the only real thing that can be done when players decide to start targeting people who have money in the plentiful.

The main reason why the activity in CWU is near "not a soul" level is because most people are at P3 so all the workers are alone in there store, waiting up to hours just to get a simple visitor who MIGHT want to buy something. And who wish to stare in the air as the other citizens having passive roleplay in P3?

With the new overhaul there'll also be modifications to the CCA training system to ensure that units can accompany CWU workers into P3 for designated job opportunities or for establishing shops.

Remove the v flag + a wipe on the previous tokens and enable "hunger mod" will make an effect.
The bad thing about this idea is a lot of people will get butthurt as they have bought those benefits for real money, but seriously it isn't about the fucking tokens or the fucking flags at all!

Pretty much.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
@Jesus
I don't like the idea of a script killing my character because I didn't eat an item.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
It wouldn't kill your character you'd just have reduced stats and move slower and shit.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
@Jesus
I don't like the idea of a script killing my character because I didn't eat an item.

As what Raged said... it will not be like darkrp.

It wouldn't kill your character you'd just have reduced stats and move slower and shit.

Moving slower
All characters' stats will decease slowly at the time the hungerbar is near 0
The characters will make annoying moans (maybe only the person himself can hear it to prevent others to hear it)
stamina will regain slower/not regain (depends how big the characters hunger is)

These things I think should be used...

Back to the topic.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »
To those who get butthurt over losing tokens:

You dont' pay for them, we give them as a gratitude for donating. There is a disclaimer saying the benefits can change at any time with or without warning. Its virtual currency in a game, grow up if you will get mad.
what

Offline Cat With A Mustache

• King of the 'stache
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »
So is there going to be a vote or something on this? I haven't really heard much on the decision yet.

wait i dont get

thats what i said when i first learned about weaboo's, furries, and bronys

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:59:36 PM »
So is there going to be a vote or something on this? I haven't really heard much on the decision yet.

We're working on something. Expect to see an official announcement from me regarding the overhaul sometime between now and the 21st.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:30 AM »

I'm waiting for a decision on the admin team if they're going to implement the hunger mod before I do anything. Aside from that the UU members haven't decided on anything so I haven't shown the full indepth/extra ideas for my overhaul, so if monkey goes and does something then it's not what I intended/not my work and as far as I'm concerned stealing it too.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:43:20 AM by raged »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 05:00:45 AM »
I'm waiting for a decision on the admin team if they're going to implement the hunger mod

yes

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:54 AM »
well in that case i'll see what monkey plans on doing before i finalise anything

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal