Author Topic: Civil Affairs Bureau [Discussion]  (Read 2339 times)

Offline Roven :D

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Civil Affairs Bureau [Discussion]
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »
So this is an OOC thread for everyone's input on what to do with the bureaucratic section of the CWU and how to go from blowing money on paper to making money off of it and developing enough profit to provide actual pay. After a discussion with Monkey with a gun it was said that he'd bring it to the organizers to be discussed but I don't see any harm and laying the core idea out to be built upon by the CWU members and other contributors.

So far I've suggested that we handle the issuing of basic permits to buy wholesale and sell individually at most two sorts of items. Permits should be limited in issuance to ensure that everyone can have something to sell that's different than the next guy. The most expensive the item, the more expensive the permit. So lets say we have a new guy come on the server who's lucky enough to run into a moment when the RDT is distributing and he acquires one hundred tokens. He could go out and pay twenty tokens to start selling potatoes, if someone has two hundred tokens he'd have plenty of room to pay sixty tokens for a permit of sale for flashlights.

A stricter format will be put together, requiring regular citizens to be educated on how to carry out the job and paid with the money that's acquired from the profits. Aside from this City Administrators will be able to give written broadcasts, records will be written and kept (I'll run it through with the organizers maybe getting a stickied thread to hold them all).

All this is hypothetical and completely open to adjustments, discussion and suggestions.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Civil Affairs Bureau [Discussion]
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
I actually like the idea of Civil Worker's giving out buisness permit interviews and the like. I personally think that's more of a CWU-thing to deal with. They are the economic power in the Union-run world, so I feel they should be the one's to be able to deal with that. But yes, I do like the idea of the Affairs Bureau in general, though.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Civil Affairs Bureau [Discussion]
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 04:18:31 PM »
+Support

Roven has a great vision for a plausible and possible economic system that could be implemented on the server. While it will take time and effort by a lot of people to get it done I think in the end it would be of great benefit to the server to get some of Roven's projects rolling like this Civil Affairs Bureau

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal