Author Topic: Earn ranks  (Read 3888 times)

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Earn ranks
« on: June 27, 2012, 02:33:42 PM »
You should be able to earn ranks such as VIP, Gold member, even admin by the number of posts you have/something epic that you do. Like Smt, with his 940 posts, should be SA or at the least VIP. It's just a suggestion, as I think it's ridiculous that you can only get ranks by buying them.
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Earn ranks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »
There's a reason for this. Post based ranks will never be implented, because it's our only source of income.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:40:21 PM »
Like Smt, with his 940 posts, should be SA or at the least VIP.
I hate to blown my own trumpet but I probably would have been SA by now, I was demoted from admin over a year ago for breaking rule 1 (offered it back but didnt want it) - but I sort of agree with earning ranks (admin is already earned mostly) but VIP and Gold are presumably the most common way of earning money to pay for the servers, so it sort of wouldn't work...

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 02:57:11 PM »
Ah, okay. I understand. It would still be better if it were earnable, maybe 500 posts for VIP and 750 for Gold? Something really hard to work up to, so that people get too tired of posting that they just go up and buy it.
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
And promote more postwhoring? Servers need 'donations' to keep running. Not sure how this is going to help CG stay alive.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
No.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »
As everyone else agreeed above about the donations and how they keep the server alive. When you donate for things like money on OCRP, you are not donating for the money really, you are donating to keep CG running.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »
Just wanted to say

Admins + Earn their ranks. Not by posts, not by being clever but by earning it. They do so by being all that the owners look for in their team of staff and they are trusted to keep catalyst gaming in check. You won't simply get it for having 1000 posts.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal