Author Topic: Morpheus Norfolk's Authorization Application  (Read 2325 times)

Offline This is Red

• The best color in the world is  not red.
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Morpheus Norfolk's Authorization Application
« on: August 24, 2012, 02:18:59 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Red the Idiot
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2-3 years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 1 year.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-The ability to make a tent
-A makeshift spear
-Name change to "Homely"
-The ability to repurpose flashlights into makeshift lamps
-Heavy clothing ( i.e. a jacket, scarf, etc. )
-Knowledge on woodwork and craftsmenship

Name: Morpheus Norfolk
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Morpheus was a man born in the state of Florida, raised only be his mother and aunt. His mother, Lithin, was a industrial technologies teacher at the local school, Eugene Field. His mother believed that her son should do various school work even while at home, and due to this, Morpheus more often then not was forced to make various objects, such as bird houses, or shelves. He never liked making said objects, feeling that the whole idea was a bothersome chore. Once his mother asked him to make a small treehouse for he kid next door, and was given little to no choice. The task was a hard one, however it also proved to be a valueble lesson for him, as his mother would assist him from time to time teaching him the correct way to work the screws, how the diffrent sizes of the wood mattered, how to sand properly, etc. After a month of working, the tree house was finally done. Unfortuneately, the tree house had to be taken down due to the community committee voting it as a danger to the childs safety. This left Morpheus back into his negative opinion of the works. Despite his attitude regarding the matter, he learned a great deal from his mother regarding the subject, and had the combine not attacked when they did, he would no doubt have been a construction worker in the future.

During the year 2001, when Morpheus was 23 years old, he lived in a old apartment building in Springfield, Missouri. There he met his three best friends, Jesse Scottsmen, Diana More, and Harry Joe Norston. Jesse was a college student who attended the local schools, and was earning his degree in engineering technology. Morpheus would often stay over in Jesse's room, and on a few occasions he would decide to read one of Jesse's books. They often confused Morpheus and most of it didn't stick, however he would constantly assist Jesse in making things for his projects. Diana was a 34 year old woman who made a living crafting armor pieces for various clients, and was also the owner of the apartments complex. Morpheus would visit her whenever he needed something fixed. He often watched her work, and would pick up on things that helped with his own type of work. Finally, Harry Joe was the "Party man" of the four, and would make the group go out on wild adventures. Many of these adventures took them to places in the wilds, and left them there for days. During these trips Jesse would go out to get firewood, Diana would go fish (If there was a lake near-by) and Harry Joe and Morpheus would set up the campsite. Morpheus had a fondness for the campsites he helped make, which he would not understand why until many years later. After spending five years with the lot, in 2006 Morpheus left the apartment complex, and moved in with his father in Virginia.

Many years later, after the combine had arrived, Morpheus was taken to City 45. Shortly after, he accidently harmed one of the local crime lords, and due to this he was instantly outcasted by many of the occupants of Precinct 3. Thanks to this, whenever he journeyed into the Precinct, he would be beaten up or mugged. In responce to this, Morpheus set out to make a sort of weapon, and with the knowledge from his earlier days, he knew the challenge would be finding parts for said weapon. Morpheus searched around in the apartments, stores, and the trash heeps for various items. Eventually he managed to find a bit of broken glass near a abandoned and run down warehouse, and for a while used that as his weapon. People still managed to harm him very easily, and once again he searched for more parts. In the same warehouse, he had found a stockpile of wood boards. The wood was old, moldy, and flimsy, but they served they were the best thing he could find. He decided to take one, and to remember the warehouse incase he ever needed more wood. He then went to the junkyard, searching for something to hold the two items together. At first he had found things like glue, and paint. They proved to be useless, not holding the glass to the plank. He had spent about the entire day digging in the yard, when something caught his eye. He had dug up a old torn up leather vest. He quickly used the glass to cut the vest apart, and decided to use the strips to hold the plank and glass together after finding some nails. He then used some rusty nails he found in stuck in a wall to nail the leather to the board, keeping it together. After finishing his "weapon" he announced said achievement to the people of the precinct, and soon after, not many people dared to charge at him, with most of them being unarmed. The weapon was fragile, but it served its purpose well, keeping the waves of murders and muggers away.

Morpheus had a form of protection, but was constantly paranoid that someone may attack him with a more deadly weapon, or kill him in his sleep. So Morpheus made his way underground, into the old subway. Morpheus spent many lonely nights in the cold tunnel, feeling that he may one day freeze to death from the low temperature. To solve this issue, Morpheus went to a clothing shop, and took a fair amount of clothing, including a hoodie jacket, a scarf, some gloves, and new jeans. While the heavy clothing helped greatly, Morpheus still had a slight chill.

One day, Morpheus was scanning the various trash heaps in search of his next meal, having not eaten anything for the past few days. So far he managed to find a half full can of breens water, and some rotten suppliments. After eating them, and promptly throwing up, he went back to the junkyard, searching for more food. Luck was on his side for once, as when he was digging through one of the piles, he stumbled onto a dirty black box. The box was a fair size, and had a worn label on the front. Upon closer inspection, it read "Philip and Phills camping survival kit". Having frequently camped in his younger days, he was thrilled to see a familiar kit. He took the kit back to his spot in the tunnels, opened it to find a dirty tent and a bedroll. He quickly set up the bedroll, and slept there for the night. When he woke, he looked at his new tent, wanting to find a use for it. He then returned to the abandoned warehouse, packed a few planks, and used them to set up his tent. After setting up his tent - which he could barely see with only one flashlight - he was immediately showered by a sense of pride for his little spot.

After spending weeks in the subway, Morpheus was tired of the low visibly, but did not want to abondon the safety of the tunnels. He then set out to purchase a extra flash. Wanting to improve his "home", he dared to enter precinct 1. He was not wanted by the CCA, nor did he have on contraband on him, for he left most of his illegal goods back at his tent. No, what he was afraid of was the CCA in general. He was afraid that a oficer my not like the way he looks, or some other ridiculous reason, and beat him. He quickly made his way to a shop owned by the CWU, and used the last of his stolen tokens to purchase a flashlight. He returned to his home, feeling relief that an officer didn't choose him to be their next victim. When he got back, He played around with the light for a while, testing to see how he could effectively light up the area around his tent. After a fair amount of time, he decided that the extra planks of wood he had could be useful, and discovered that if he tied the flashlight to one of the boards and nailed it into the ground, it would make for a useful lamp. Morpheus was pleased after he made the lamp, finally having a light source other then his normal flashlight. His fondness for his little "home" was growing more and more.

About 2 months after he arrived in the city and made his "home", his infamy around the thugs of Precinct 3 continued to grow, and he found himself more then not the target of the peoples hate. He was still attacked many times, despite his weapon. Every time he was attacked, his paranoia would kick in and he would retreat back to his home. Even when no one decided to assault him, he would run back to the tunnels. After hiding away for some time, the weak and hungry Morpheus hatched an idea. He would give himself a nickname, and with the way he felt for his home, he decided that name would be "Homely". With this new nickname, and the fact that his attire covered up most of his body and face, he was able to wonder around the Precinct freely. After 6 months of of being in the city, many people had forgotten about Morpheus, however that didn't stop him from using the nickname thanks to a mix of paranoia and a sense of pride.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-A base of operations/hangout
-A weapon for self defence
-Clothing to protect his idenity and to keep him warm
-A source of light for his home
-The ability to make certain objects, such as makeshift tools, if the items to make said tools are available
-A new name to help his pride and cover his identity

Defects
-The "home" is mainly bolted to the ground, bring unable to move at a moments notice
-The house could be found by anyone, and raided
-The lights could give away the homes postion, unless turned off
-The weapon is fragile, and Morpheus does not have much experience with weapons, which may result in him harming himself
-He would not be able to go to Precinct 1 while wearing his clothing or while holding his weapon, which if found may get him into serious trouble.
-People may learn his real name if he were ever made to apply
-The lights are still just basic flashlights, and will need batteries in order to run

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to make a sort of base in the tunnels, which on day may escalate into something more. With these auths, I can give myself new sorts of roleplay, such as mataining the "home", or fixing up something for someone. With the weapon, I plan to make it a sort of last resort for Morpheus, him knowing that the weapon is very easy to break. His home can be a sort of hangout for any friends he may come across, and be used to hide himself away. The tunnels are dark, and thanks to this I could make even more roleplay, such as Morpheus getting paranoid, or the lights going out. His feelings about his home will help him with his confidence and various aspects of his personality, giving me more room to adjust him and build his character more.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Both

Extra Notes (optional):
I was not sure if you needed an authorization to get clothes, so please forgive me if that was unneeded.

Post Auto-Merged: August 24, 2012, 03:13:12 PM
EDIT-1: Accidenly put "-The lights are still just basic flashlights, and will need batteries in order to run" in the perks section, when it should be a defect. Moved it to the correct section.
EDIT-2: Fixed some grammar errors, edited a few paragraphs and added in a new one entirely. Also changed the "Which server does this apply to?" option to both, for Morpheus may one day go to the Outlands.
EDIT-3: Edited one more spelling error out. 3 is a good number, no more edits from me.
EDIT-4: Morpheus was killed.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:26:24 PM by Red the Idiot »
oh

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Morpheus Norfolk's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
From what I've seen with past apps, I don't think this is enough information that's relevant to your requested auths. In my personal opinion, I would recommend making this a lot more detailed.

Offline This is Red

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »
From what I've seen with past apps, I don't think this is enough information that's relevant to your requested auths. In my personal opinion, I would recommend making this a lot more detailed.

Alrighty then, added in a lot more into the back-story, as you can see on edit-2.
Anything else I should add?
oh

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 11:49:31 PM »
Long, detailed and interesting background history.
I've seen "Red the idiot" around before and his rp. I find him qualified to use those authorizations.
Yet again. I hope you (Red) are going to abuse it and find materials all over the map. IF you do, that would be a huge disappointment.
For the spear, I think it would be fitting perfect for you, if you used one of the ends as the sharpened and lethal area, instead of a stone sharpened and tied to a stick.
Could possible create interesting rp, if people wanted to interact with this.

I myself, gives + support to this application.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 05:18:16 PM »

I'm assuming you mean your character was PK'd? I'll wait for you to confirm first as I currently can't... But yes, post here or add me on steam or whatever just so I don't deny a perfectly good app.

Offline This is Red

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »

I'm assuming you mean your character was PK'd? I'll wait for you to confirm first as I currently can't... But yes, post here or add me on steam or whatever just so I don't deny a perfectly good app.

Yes, Morpheus was killed by a group of rebels. They wanted a PK but as there were no admins on at the time, I went ahead and deleted him.
oh

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:00:39 AM »
So what I've understood, I want to have this confirmed first, before I go ahead.

Your character, you made an application for, was killed and deleted?
Due to this, would this thread need a lock and move or?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 04:37:18 AM »
Yeah, I asked Red a few days ago and forgot to "deny" this, his character is dead :(

Locked and moved I guess.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:07:56 AM by Smt »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal