Author Topic: Path Chet's Authorization Application  (Read 2665 times)

Insertawesomenamehere

Path Chet's Authorization Application
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:39:25 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Luna™
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 6 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
1 Old, Worn-Down (But still sharp) Japanese Katana

Name: Path Chet
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
In the year 2010, Path Chet lived with his father in a small cottage near Nishio, Japan. His father, named Shin, always kept a  Samarai Sword mounted on the wall in his room. Path never questioned it, he wasn't allowed in his father's room anyway. One day, however, Path saw something odd...

"Father, why are you practicing with that blade? I thought it was just decoration for guests." Path said. His father looked to him, a serious expression on his face.

"Son...today is a special day." His father told him.

"Special how so?"

"You will see, son..."

Little did Path know, that was the day the Combine Takeover would begin. Shin didn't know exactly what the event was, but Ki did not lie. That day would be special.

**Three hours later**

Shin burst through the door to Path's room. "Son, come with me. Time of is not in our favor!" Shin yelled.

"Wha-? Dad, what's going on?" Path asked frantically.

Shin sheathed the Katana in a plastic holster. "Son, do not question me. Your life may be on the line if you do not lis-" Shin was cut off by a loud explosion outside. "Come, Path!"

Path stood up, dropping his Gameboy. "Yes, father. What's going on? What are those bangs outside?" Path asked, now beginning to worry. Shin didn't respond, only fast-walked into the living room. "Path, stay silent and follow my steps exactly." Shin said.

Path was shaking now, fearing for his life. An Overwatch soldier was seen outside their window. It snapped it's view to Path, who was out in the open. Shin took note of those and unsheathed the Katana in under a second. "Path, run!"

The soldier positioned itself outside their home's door, along with three more of its squad. "Breaching!" It yelled, blowing the door off the hinges with it's Pulse-Rifle.

Path covered his eyes. There was no way the blade would do anything to them, it couldn't possibly get past their armor...

But it did. One swing, and Shin's blade nearly decapitated the first soldier. He turned 180 degrees and thrust the Katana forward, straight through the second soldier's heart. Shin turned once more, and prepared to attack the next soldier...as a shotgun blast blew him back into the Living Room.

Path sprinted forward to aid his father, but was met halfway by a shotgun blast from the soldier. As if by miracle, the shot missed and Path was left unharmed. In a blind rage, Path picked up the Katana as the soldier pumped the shotgun. Path swung, eyes closed as he silently prayed, and the blade cut the Soldier's forearm that held the shotgun clean off. Path opened his eyes as the soldier screamed. He swung again, vertically this time, and cut halfway through the Soldier's stomach area.

The Soldier was dead by this time, but Path didn't stop there. He swung again and again until the Soldier was comparable to a pile of bloody mush. He approached his father, lip quivering, and checked his breathing...

Nothing.

"Dad! No!" Path screamed, tears flowing freely now. Shin didn't respond, only lie there with the blade's sheath attached to his belt.

Path quickly came to his senses, embracing the truth that the only thing that could save his life, is himself. Path unclipped the Katana's sheath and clipped it to his own belt, sheathing the blade.

"Rest in peace, father..."

And then he ran. As fast as he could, out the door, and into the woods...

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A definate advantage in melee combat

Defects
Lots of people asking to purchase the katana, thus causing an annoyance.
Possible thieves trying to steal the katana.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Passive RP practicing with the blade, and fight when needed.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Probably none, unless I train them in hand-to-hand in which case I will ask a Superadmin to give them expert hand-to-hand auths.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Path Chet's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »
  • The Combine invaded in 2016.
  • There wasnt Combine soldiers when The Combine actually invaded.
  • How old is your character in The history? 26-27? In the history he sounds like a child.
  • I dont think The background history is long enough for such an auth.
  • Your defects is only about loosing your katana. Try and come up with some more.

All in all, I personally thinks, this auth needs a lot more work.
For now -support

EDIT: Your: "Will anyone else need these auths?" answer.
You didnt ask for anything NEAR H2H combat. You wouldnt be able to know any of it, not even train other people in it. Especially not expert.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:40:09 PM by Challenge of death sex?3 »

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »
1. According to literally every bit of canon I've found, they invaded in 2010. Others say 2000, which is why I simply guessed which canon this community uses.

2. When I say 'Expert' I simply mean more advanced, enough to have an advantage in combat.

3. This was going to be a 2-part app, one for advanced hand-to-hand and one for the katana, but I decided to leave out the expert hand-to-hand application as the katana would be enough.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/200-#200-
I must admit, you were right. Still they didnt have OTA soldiers. :P
Yet again, you seem to be unsure if it's either advanced or expert. If i were you, I would add the advanced combat training into this app.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57:36 AM »
Authorization(s):
1 Old, Worn-Down (But still sharp) Japanese Katana

This authorization doesn't mention anything about being trained in the use of such a weapon and only specifies that the item be given to the character which leads me to believe that this is unfinished or was rushed, therefore I am not going to be able to support it at the moment.

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:33:25 AM »
I'm aware. I wasn't asking for training, I was asking for the katana itself.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 05:52:09 AM »
Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Probably none, unless I train them in hand-to-hand in which case I will ask a Superadmin to give them expert hand-to-hand auths.

That's basically saying you already have the training.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 06:52:51 AM »
In regards to the date of T7HW I believe CG uses our own date either way, in which 2016 is the correct date, we have threads with our version of the canon in the HL2RP section

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »
The main thing I have a problem with, is how the katana is rather OP throughout it all. Historically, the decapitation blow is something that can only really be learned after years of training in traditional Japanese martial arts.
Your own character, as an untrained swordsman, wouldn't be able to pick it up and just cut an arm off.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 02:24:42 PM »
I think I agree. I'm probably going to re-write the story for how I got it, adding more detail and better logic.

Insertawesomenamehere

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
I have a bad feeling I just fucked up things even worse by re-writing this. It seems very rushed and OP, but here you go...

Nishio, Japan. 2016. Path Chet lived with his father. At age thirty two, he held two jobs and supported himself and his father. However, this left little time for his hobby; Martial Arts. He didn’t train in just one, but read various books and took various lessons around the city. His father, Shin, obtained a black belt in Karate and a very high position in a Kung-Fu class by age twenty. Now aged fifty six, he still makes time every day to practice.

Path and Shin got along well. They would often practice their skills together, allowing each of them to learn new things on a near-daily basis. However, Shin was skilled in the use of a blade. He owned a Katana that had been passed down for almost three generations. Path, however, was not allowed to use it. So much as touching it would get him in major trouble with Shin. Shin rarely used the blade, but always kept it clean and sharp. “Just in case,” he would say.

Path knew better then to question his father’s rules. Sometimes he would get curious and ask about the blade, but on one day he finally cracked…

“Father, why do you spend so much of your time making sure a rusty old sword is taken care of? You could get a new one with very little money.” Path questioned.
     Shin chuckles lightly. “Son, this blade is very special. I wouldn’t expect you to understand the traditions that come with owning a sword such as this. One day it will be yours to keep and use as you please, but the time has yet to come.” He said.
   Path sighed. “But when will the time come? I-“
     “Do not question me, Path. Believe it or not I do know what’s best for you.” Shin said, cutting Path off.

Little did either of them know, the proper time would come very soon.

Path awoke to a loud bang outside. Getting to his feet and walking downstairs to investigate, he was met by his father. Never before had he seen Shin as he was. He had the Katana sheathed with the sheath attached to his back, a handgun in a holster, a bulletproof vest, and several extra magazines attached to his belt.

Path stared at his father. “Wha-…why are you…?” Was all Path managed to get out. Shin turned to face him.

“Son, we have to get out of the city. There’s an unknown force disrupting peace, and we have no business with them. We need to get out while we still can, before-”
     Shin was cut off by another loud bang, and the roof collapsing in. A Combine Advisor floated down into the house as Shin opened fire with his handgun. Path, consumed by fear, sprinted back upstairs and hid.

Shin soon ran out of ammunition. The Advisor smacked him around with its arm, then grabbed him by the torso. Managing to keep calm enough to continue fighting, Shin unsheathed the Katana and struck the Advisor on the arm. It didn’t sever the limb, but it caused immense pain to the Advisor and Shin was dropped.

“Path! Go, out your window! I’ll keep this thing held off for now!” Shin shouted up the stairs, turning to face the Advisor again. Path had managed to find enough faith to return downstairs, ignoring his father’s orders, where he could only watch the battle before him.

Shin jumped up and struck the Advisor with his blade. It cut through surprisingly well, spewing a green, slimy blood from the wound. The Advisor grabbed Shin with Telekinesis, forcing the blade from his hand and snapping both his arms. Shin screamed as the Advisor plunged the Katana into his chest and threw his body aside. It turned to face Path…

“SHIN!” Path screamed, rushing over. The Advisor grabbed Path with its arms and lifted him. Path showed little resistance, knowing his time was up. He didn’t make a sound as the Advisor…
   Fell to the ground in pain.

Path opened his eyes, looking at the Advisor’s attacker. Teams of SWAT had arrived just in the knick of time and were firing on the Advisor. The Advisor wasted no time in fighting back, picking off three of the men in a few moments with a snap of their necks.

“F-Father, please! Get u-up…!” Path said, shaking Shin violently. Shin’s eyes opened, signaling he was alive.
     “S-S-Son…the time…is now. Take t-the blade…and…ru-” Shin began coughing violently. After he had calmed down, he continued talking.
   “Take the blade…go into the woods, don’t stop running until you find Ron’s cottage. He should have what you ne-…need…”

And then he was gone.

At that very moment, something awakened inside Path. The realization of the truth, that nobody would get him out of that situation but himself. He slowly removed the blade from his father’s corpse, looking away, and took the sheath. Sheathing the blade, he sprinted out of the house and towards the woods…

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 03:51:52 PM »
Please edit the OP, if you want this to count.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 01:31:54 AM »
User was permanently banned by RoflWaffle.

Topic locked and denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal