Author Topic: Jonathon Reave's Authorization Application  (Read 1433 times)

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jonathon Reave's Authorization Application
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: rdegner59
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Garry's Mod, on and off for almost five years now.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: On and off five years now.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Far past Ex-Military Background (Will explain why not killed in seven hour war), CQC mastery, Advanced rifle and sidearm training, Ex-Army Special Forces.

Name: Jonathon Reave
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Jonathon woke up with a loud yawn, cracking his neck, then immediately regretting it,
"Shoot....He really threw me..."
He suddenly remembered the events of last week, and what happened in training...

"REAVE! Pay attention! Your opponent is here..."
Jonathon sighed and shook his head, focusing on Frank.
"Oh I see you ugly, just waiting for you to stop dance and start getting serious."
Jonathon smirked to himself as Frank's reaction, confident he had successfully egged him on...An angry fool is a fool that makes mistakes.
"You son of a...", and the lunk charged.
Jonathon chose to absorb the blow for the sake of grabbing the man, but unfortunately he underestimated his footing and was thrown on his back with a sickening thud.
"Ffffffffff", John hissed, weakly punching into Frank's back.... He had had enough.
"Not anymore Frank! Not this time!" he yelled, using all of his strength to flip Frank onto his back.
As Frank struggled to get up, Jonathon used his knee and swung with all his might into Frank's ribs. CRACK, and Frank covered his sides. Big mistake.
"Got you now you son of a bitch..." muttered Jonathon, quickly launching himself up to Frank's face. He quickly put his knee down on Frank's throat, using his training to guarantee that any wrong move and Frank's wind pipe was crushed.
"*Cough....wheeze* S...stop...please..." Wheezed Frank, clearly in a great deal of pain.
"I didn't here 'I yield!' soldier, we have protocol here!" spat Jonathon cruelly.
"That's enough Newbie! This match is over!" yelled Colonel, casting a glare at Jonathon, but his eyes denoted respect.
"Yes sir!" sounded off Reave, standing up and saluting, before marching back in line.
"Drag this pussy off the platform, you two, get up here!" Jonathon smiled to himself, knowing he wouldn't hear shit from Frank for awhile.

Jonathon brushed his teeth and showered. Special forces did have their perks, but man was training rough.... He rubbed his bruised back. If he hadn't turned at the proper moment to have his side absorb most of the impact, his spine may have shattered. Frank may have been an idiot, but he had the strength of an ox. Jonathon quickly put on his uniform and slung his rifle, the bogey had been spotted.

Jonathon eyed through his scope at the enemy compound, making special note of troop movement and numbers. He kept his finger close to the safety and made sure to stay as still as possible.
"You see the tango at your three?"
"Yes...sir...I do."
"Speak with confidence soldier."
"YES SIR!" the trainee sounded off, his voice echoing down the canyon walls.
"SHH!!!!! You moron! You trying to get us killed?" Jonathon eyed the entire encampment, making sure no one noticed. A few soldiers blinked and looked around, but then got back to loading the supply trucks.
"S...sorry sir." muttered the trainee.
"Don't apologize just do your job soldier."
They continued to eye the encampment, watching the last of the supply trucks drive off.
"Damn it sir, can't we do something?"
"We have our orders. This is purely a scouting mission."
"Yeah yeah....wait...who is that?" The recruit pointed towards around the center of the encampment, eyeing down his rifle.
Jonathon looked through his scope where the recruit was pointing, "Holy crap...It's the commander...Intel didn't say he was here...."
"Taking the shot." The recruit said with a smile.
"Stand down trainee! This is a training mission for you and we have our orders!"
"With all due respect sir, fuck off, I'm getting a medal for this."
"Don'--" It was too late, the trainee's safety went off and he began opening fire on the encampment, missing horribly as he hadn't been trained to calculate wind resistance.
"YOU MORON!"
The entire encampment opened fire on their position. The trainee had his head shredded immediately, killed on impact. Jonathon quickly turned tale and tried to flee over the hill. Several bullets tore into his leg as he reached the top, forcing him to fall over and roll down the side. He grasped his radio and shakily relayed a message before passing out, "Reave...down."

The Colonel walked in with a grim look on his face, marching to the nurse. "He in here?"
"Yes sir but he's not in shape to see visitors."
"I didn't ask you." spouted the Colonel dismissively, shoving past her into the room. Reave sat there, his leg in a cast and his eyes downcast.
"Look your officer in the eye when he approaches soldier." said the Colonel coldly.
Reave looked up, his eyes blank. He looked much older. "Yes sir."
"Or I should say ex-soldier, you've been dishonorably discharged," the Colonel relayed blankly.
"WHAT?! Why! I told him not to fire!" protested Reave.
"SHUT IT! He was your responsibility, and he was under your care. You got him killed, a VIP target escaped, and we lost any chance at valuable intel with you getting shot to hell and passing out. You're lucky I don't have you court-martialed," spat the Colonel viciously.
"I...I understand..." said Reave, holding his chest painfully, his vision darkening.
"I bet you do..." said the Colonel, turning on his heel and marching out, "Such a waste of potential" he said, to no one in particular.
The pain in Reave's chest grew heavier, he could barely see and it was painful to breathe.."N...nurse?"
The nurses ran in and started yelling things before it all went black.

As Jonathon woke up, he was in a dark place. "H...hello? Where is everyone?"
A flashlight turned on, along with a hissing "Shh. You finally woke up. Man if the last seven days hadn't woken you up I don't know what would."
Reave looked around and gradually got up, getting information about what happened. He nodded quietly to himself.
He opened the door and walked out into the blinding sunlight, as he shielded his eyes.
"What are you doing?" came the voice, hiding in the dark.
"I'd rather die out here as a man, then crawling in the ground like a dog." He walked forward with new purpose, as a big screen television in the plaza showed a picture of Breen, "My fellow citizens of Earth..." Reave frowned, not feeling like a citizen of anything anymore.

Jonathon was quickly brought to the Nexus, stuck in a chair, and the commander on duty placed his magnum against Reave's head. "Any last words?" the commander rattled off cooly, his vocoder scrambling whatever emotion he had. "I was betrayed and abandoned by my damned force long ago. I came here freely, knowing my record would be trashed and you'd never find it, to give myself over to the CCA as a loyal citizen of the Union. I'm sick of what this stupid human government has wrought. If a loyal citizen to your empire is not worthy, then you would not be the only one."
The commander seemingly stared through his mask, at least as far as Reave could tell, deep into his eyes. He seemed to be thinking. "Bring the other in." As soon as he said this he brought a familiar face in, Frank.
Frank looked up, a bloody nose towards Reave, "Got you too huh fuck face?"
The unit holding him quickly bashed him across the head with his pistol "Quiet citizen."
The commander unlocked Reave's arm-restraints and roughly pulled him up, the OTA around him raising their guns on Reave.
"One false move and you're dead scum," the Commander said, handing his magnum to Reave.
Reave took the gun with confusion in his eyes, unsure of what to do.
"Kill him" the commander ordered Reave, pointing to Frank.
Frank spat at Reave "Should have known you'd betray us you chicken shit..."
Reave frowned. He never liked Frank but this felt wrong...But he was a realist, he understood they'd both die. He pressed the barrel against Frank's forehead.
"You son of a b--" he didn't get the chance to finish. His brains plastered against the back wall. Bits of gore splattered across Reave's face. He didn't even blink.
"So you're a traitor and scum. Now I give you the chance to regain your honor before I kill you like a dog. Put the gun against your head and kill yourself. Prove your loyalty to the UU, and I'll make sure you are remembered as a loyal citizen, you scum."
Reave considered this...he figured dying with honor was better than getting tortured and put down like some animal. He took a deep breath.
He put the trigger against his head.....
CLICK.
It was empty?
The commander laughed, disturbing with his scrambler, "You're not even worth the bullet scum. You have no value for your fellow man's life, much less your own. Your a coward and a fool, you aren't even a soldier. You're no threat to anyone, and you aren't worth the effort it would take to squash your miserable life." He shook his head and begin walking out, "Let this dog out and let him run, let him rut in trash somewhere."

Reave was tossed out onto the street, his back making a sickening crack as he moaned in pain, "Get out of here citizen" is the only thing the unit that dragged him out said.
Reave was beaten, humiliated, and a traitor to himself and his former comrades....All he could do was try and prove the Commander wrong...if he even could.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Not getting executed for having military background a long time ago, especially since his records were trashed and his name stricken. He'd also have advanced CQC abilities and would be able to handle most weapons fairly comfortably.

Defects
PTSD, distrust from the Combine, being a hard ass sort of.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Become a Loyalist and join the CCA, then excel.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No one that I'm aware of.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
There was a previous app that didn't justify why he was alive for "REEVE". I deleted that and edited this one to account for that, and made a "new" character. Just trying to be honest, I was ignorant, not trying to break any rules.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathon Reave's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 06:47:52 AM »
I doubt something like this would happen.. but if enough admins support you, i could accept it.

However, if you want those advanced training auths, you'll need to write backstory on the training session and advancements within that.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathon Reave's Authorization Application
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »
Unfortunately, this application has been denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal