Author Topic: Hazard's Rant About OTA S2K (OTA Perspective)  (Read 8404 times)

Re: Hazard's Rant About OTA S2K (OTA Perspective)
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 05:24:19 PM »
* The Doctor? RIP juggernaut Slams his face in to his desk so hard it breaks in half.

Alright... Because you people seem to FIXATE on the stupidest shit.

What I'm saying IS OTA PTL MORE OFTEN for the love of god stop pulling up "Canon" "Augmentations" crap and realize that this is a game, a game corrupted by CCA elitism and its ruining other peoples time because OTA HAS to win all the time.

Also Jack KmP, rofl, and all of the former OTA leaders have all said that a OTA will be dropped by an MP7 because that's what it was made for.

Let's forget realism cause mind you THIS IS A GAME. Its suppose to be fun, not "Realistic" or are we going to fall in to the same trap that the video game industry has fallen in to?

Instead of going "LOL you can't do that or all of the combine will be after you" Instead lets go "Alright lets let the rebels win but for a bit we'll ramp up patrols for a time".

That's called making the roleplay dynamic which CG seems to be lacking in.
But no instead the CCA leaders(Admins) get to make the calls and say that OTA can't be defeated ever with out causing a massive invasion(Because they clearly don't have anything else to do or aren't spread so thin and that's why the resistance didn't win with a massive offensive) and all resistance RP besides going LOL let's plan but never do anything gets killed and has its own body shoved up its ass.

Its nice to know that resistance RP is still under every fucking thing in the universe including the none existence citizen roleplay.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 05:34:54 PM »
ill take another leaf from TnBs book (and so should you), in terminator RP, if you applied and got a Terminator, it wasn't a "character" it was a "tool", for RP.
Sure you might want to "advanced" your OTA unit but it's main purpose should be to provide heavy resistance to the rebels? I'm not saying OTA die every time but you should be prepared to lose 50-70% of the time, depending on all the RP that happened, you shouldn't be like "oh im ota i dont die im big combine big augments!!!"

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:26 PM »
ill take another leaf from TnBs book (and so should you), in terminator RP, if you applied and got a Terminator, it wasn't a "character" it was a "tool", for RP.
Sure you might want to "advanced" your OTA unit but it's main purpose should be to provide heavy resistance to the rebels? I'm not saying OTA die every time but you should be prepared to lose 50-70% of the time, depending on all the RP that happened, you shouldn't be like "oh im ota i dont die im big combine big augments!!!"
^^^^^

Your there to make people work together in groups, To give people something to join forces to fight and make bands to fight not just to "Instill fear RP" Which we get enough from lack of ammo.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 07:40:48 PM »
^^^^^

Your there to make people work together in groups, To give people something to join forces to fight and make bands to fight not just to "Instill fear RP" Which we get enough from lack of ammo.

The OTA aren't there for rebels to shoot at like it sounds like you're saying. They actually are there to instill fear RP. One of the reasons why OTA units don't accept dying very often is partly OOC. Its the fact that if their patrols got ambushed and wiped out, or defeated in any way with loss of units in the attack, there would be so many loose weapons in the outlands, people would trade them as currency. Sure, its alright to have a few guns here and there in the outlands, but even still, we don't need everybody walking around with them.

Also, neither party can be satisfied, regardless of what's done. If OTA patrols are required to P2L far more often, the OTA units will complain because of how illogical it is that they get their asses kicked by unorganized, starving rebels that have maybe one clip of ammo in a gun that won't even pierce their armor (unless they're using an MP7). If OTA patrols continue to play logically and rarely lose a unit or lose an engagement, the rebels will continue to complain about never getting to win.

To be logical, the rebels never would win. There simply isn't enough ammunition to have a proper fire fight and win against OTA units. That fact alone is enough to tip things in favor of the OTA to the point to where the OTA units would almost always have a landslide victory. As has been mentioned, they have extremely tough Kevlar and are augmented to the point to where they're terminators and are trained/programmed to never lose.

What you're asking though isn't too much to ask for in my opinion, but its not something that needs to be a habit. Sure, we want the game to be fun for all factions and people, but we simply can't cut out logic and a bit of realism completely in every situation. Remember, OTA units like doing their job too and aren't there for you to shoot at to feel bad ass. People get OTA units to RP being super bad ass. It takes a good bit of time to even apply for an OTA unit, since you need an 02+ ranked unit in the CCA first. Is it so hard to let them RP what they've worked their asses off for to get? I'm not saying the rebels should win every engagement, because you guys should have fun from time to time as well. Still though, more often, I believe OTA should still win, based on the circumstances I've presented above.

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
I'm not saying that we should win every time.

What I'm suggesting is that the balance be shifted to were its fun for both sides.
OTA will get death roleplay which is rare in the CCA because of how hard people work for those roles, OTA are basicly faceless nameless drones that don't need to be PK'd every firefight.

The resistance could win that way we have victory RP, but take some loses during the fight(Injuries/TKs/PKs) that way we have loss RP that's rarely from OTA and from our own god damn people.

I'm trying to make it fun for everyone not shit on their heads, but I swear some times the elitism from the CCA is so much that it makes me want to quit HL2RP.

No it isn't "logical" for the resistance to win a lot, No it isn't fun to spend countless times hiding when a well planned and roleplayed ambush would cause a lot of fun RP for OTA because, when RP'd well a death can be just as fun as any other roleplay in the server.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 08:49:30 PM »
OTA are all augmented with heavy machinery, don't tell me there won't be any defects with machines. OTA can have many things wrong with them, almost all of the rebels in HL2RP are 100 percent human. Some humans are augmented with bionic arms or legs (which I find fucking dumb), but they have affects and defects, humans have affects and defects. If to balance and simplify rp, Make a T-chart or something that we can look at to see what the difference is both Pros and Cons with Humans and OTA so we don't feel like one another is too powerful.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 09:25:46 PM »
OTA is a tool for RP, nothing more. They are there to create RP for the Resistance faction, so losing most of the encounters is expected.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
OTA r god so thay win.

But seriously, in Half-Life 2, hitting a citizen across the head with a stun-baton is enough to kill them, so don't expect winning too much against OTA. (http://youtu.be/a7OiC6MjijY?t=1m15s)
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
But, yet a crowbar to the cps face kills him?
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 10:55:52 PM »
I wasn't planning on replying, but you all seem to be forgetting something:

In the game, You (Freeman) had an HEV suit, which basicly made you superhuman, so with the HEV suit of course you could crowbar any enemy and live.

HL2RP- HEV suit is nonexistant, the closest thing would be a DvL+ with augmentations.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 11:52:33 PM »
I have no problem with OTA taking casualties.  In fact, I would push for that.  I just want it done in a logical manner.  If a squad of units are ambushed by Leonard Wong, for example, I wouldn't expect any unit to escape alive.  However, just because you shot first doesn't guarantee a victory.

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
It shouldn't just be "Lol it has to be XXX" it should be if people Planned properly and OTA Agrees they should take losses and not a total loss.

Offline Checkers

• Cats are cool stuff
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
I have no problem with OTA taking casualties.  In fact, I would push for that.  I just want it done in a logical manner.  If a squad of units are ambushed by Leonard Wong, for example, I wouldn't expect any unit to escape alive.  However, just because you shot first doesn't guarantee a victory.
Yea...Skyler Killed Len
on topic: Then hazard get the rest of the OTA understand that they will not always win.
I am ded not big surprise.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 12:30:49 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet (too lazy to read through all of it). But we have new protocol for OTA outland patrols. If you attempt to attack us, and do not retreat when fired upon, you will be S2K'd.

End of story.

We are the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, you piss us off enough and you're going to have hunters, shells, choppers, gunships, striders all shoved up your asses so hard you'll be tasting plasma cannon. I have no issue with little hit and runs, but you would be terrified of an all-out assault from the Union because you wouldn't stand a chance of surviving. Just let us do our job, we're not allowed to assault positions, and we're not allowed to kill anyone unless...

A) You follow us.
B) You fire at us.

So to reiterate my point, you hear of Overwatch in the area you fucking well hide your kids and your wife and yourself.

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 01:04:38 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet (too lazy to read through all of it). But we have new protocol for OTA outland patrols. If you attempt to attack us, and do not retreat when fired upon, you will be S2K'd.

End of story.

We are the Overwatch Transhuman Arm, you piss us off enough and you're going to have hunters, shells, choppers, gunships, striders all shoved up your asses so hard you'll be tasting plasma cannon. I have no issue with little hit and runs, but you would be terrified of an all-out assault from the Union because you wouldn't stand a chance of surviving. Just let us do our job, we're not allowed to assault positions, and we're not allowed to kill anyone unless...

A) You follow us.
B) You fire at us.

So to reiterate my point, you hear of Overwatch in the area you fucking well hide your kids and your wife and yourself.
Triv reread the thread please.

What we're suggesting is fuck the whole idea that "Oh herp derp you'll have the entire combine armed forces shoved you your ass" needs to be dropped. And make it so that organized groups CAN make an effect on the patrols and that they WILL retreat that way its not all "Herp derp OTA is teh basted and the rust should fear me and my giant e=penis" Which is what OTA are doing now.

You guys are TOOLS for us to use, TOOLS for us to band together and fight, but NOW your an annoyance not a TOOL for RP which the entire combine side of hl2rp is FOR.

People WANT to fight you, they WANT to be injured, they WANT, to work together. But there's nothing but each other to fight so that's what we end up doing and then we have GANG WARS not HL2RP.

But because OTA has massive ego they don't allow them selfs to PLAY the tools that they are suppose to they don't allow us to have fun firefights. Instead they think that BECAUSE they are OTA they think they are ENTITLED to victory when they're not no one is. Both sides can start taking injuries, it will give the clinic people to treat, it will give people grief RP, Revenge RP that's being PROPERLY directed at the combine not each other.

NO OTA shouldn't get to S2K when they get attacked.
NO OTA shouldn't always get to win.
NO OTA shouldn't always lose.

The Win/Lose balance has been way the hell lost some where in massive egos and dick moves so CAN WE PLEASE work something better out then this fucked up system we have? It should be that people banded together COULD with the right supplies and tactics be able to hold out and retreat from the combine assuming their backs aren't up to the wall and even then THEY SHOULD HAVE A CHANCE to kill a few of the OTA.  But OTA when using the right tactics and communications SHOULD be able to defeat rebels that are attacking, but remember that the rebels are trying hit and runs not just "LOL bang bang you are all ded" its us talking over a plan and THEN fighting(After talking over who gets hit and who dies and who lives). In HL2 you walk in on a firefight before you get the buggy, its the resistance taking down a group of OTA in a stand up fight, with out Gordon there they would have been killed. But if they used ambushes they would have done much better, BECAUSE OTA are BUILT and EQUIPPED for a stand up fight not ambushes and hit and runs.

But I guess these words will most likely be said in vane because OTA will come up with some BS "LOL WE'RE AUGMENTED SUPER DUPER IMPOSSIBLE SOLDIERS YOU CAN'T STOP US" At which point I'll tell them this "I. Don't. Care." this is a game based on a game this isn't suppose to be realistic if it was we WOULDN'T have an outlands and we WOULDN'T have a resistance like we do because in your universe its impossible.

So IF you have an argument that DOESN'T involve being super soldiers PLEASE speak cause if you don't then you have no place here cause "What they should be" DOESN'T COUNT as an argument.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal