Author Topic: My issue with this server.  (Read 3123 times)

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My issue with this server.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
Enjoy your possible ban.

This could've been done more maturely

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »
Enjoy your possible ban.

Any other way of communicating my anger with this one flaw of the server has been ignored, it's gotten to the point where I can't even play anymore. This very openly adds to what the thread is about, which is "My issue with this server," using a widely used and understood "meme" image to convey my point. I don't see what is immature about this at all.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:30:26 PM »
P.S. I'm not trying to hound the server or come off as a dick, I'm simply starting my opinion, and that is that I can't even play on this server (which I love by the way) without getting the "Error: Reliable Snapshot Overflow.." message. That's all.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:32:44 PM »
Enjoy your possible ban.

Any other way of communicating my anger with this one flaw of the server has been ignored, it's gotten to the point where I can't even play anymore. This very openly adds to what the thread is about, which is "My issue with this server," using a widely used and understood "meme" image to convey my point. I don't see what is immature about this at all.
RSO can't be fixed, and it's not completely ignored. There are ways to help, but not guarantee a fix, such as typing cl_updaterate 5 in console, and if you do get in change the updaterate back to 30.  It works for me almost every time.  When Gmod 13 comes out, the issue will be resolved; however for now, we just have to deal with it.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:36:14 AM »
Correction, RSO CAN be fixed.

We need a map change to something that isn't so un-optimized. That's why I believe we should switch to Oz's edit of the map and see if it cuts down on the RSO.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 02:14:52 AM »

We need a map change to something that isn't so un-optimized. That's why I believe we should switch to Oz's edit of the map and see if it cuts down on the RSO.
Proof or quotes, 'cause you're dumb.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 02:24:47 AM »
With some little respect to Oz's edit it won't do anything major to the RSO issue if it's on the same map, the issue with the connecting-RSO is because the map is basicly one long pillar and the cameras when you spawn look at too much shit at one time

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
With some little respect to Oz's edit it won't do anything major to the RSO issue if it's on the same map, the issue with the connecting-RSO is because the map is basicly one long pillar and the cameras when you spawn look at too much shit at one time
Why don't we change what the camera is looking at? I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds if it hasn't been changed yet.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 04:02:07 PM »

correction, no it can't.  we can decrease the chances with a different map, but it will never be completely solved.

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 04:44:41 PM »
Why don't we change what the camera is looking at? I'm sure it's not as easy as it sounds if it hasn't been changed yet.
It is very easy, it's a simple command.

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
Then why doesn't someone do it?

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 06:10:08 AM »
Because it wouldn't fix it. When you change back to the original location where you spawn it would still RSO you since you would need to load all the data at once.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:52:20 AM »
Because it wouldn't fix it. When you change back to the original location where you spawn it would still RSO you since you would need to load all the data at once.
the camera create RSOs on join, and when the camera face a different way they don't crash - even when you spawn so uhmm yeah
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:55:21 AM by smt »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal