Author Topic: James Wong's Authorization Application  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
James Wong's Authorization Application
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Hazard Time
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 Years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Medical knowledge

Name: James Wong
Affiliation: Civil Workers Union

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
  James Wong was born in Seattle to Taiwanese immigrant parents.  His father was a dentist, and it was from him that James gained an interest in medicine.  After high school, he was applied for a scholarship to Stanford, where he was accepted.  It was there that he studied medicine, earning his doctorate in clinical surgery.  After graduating, he took a job at the local hospital in the Trauma center, where his surgery skills were tempered and honed.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
  Upon joining the CWU, James will be able to open clinics and treat citizens legally.  With the right equipment he can save anyone's life.

Defects
  Without proper equipment, his skills will be close to useless.  

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
  If I am granted medical authorization, I plan to have James join the CWU, where he can practice medicine legally.  While not supportive of the CCA's policies, he feels that rebellion is pointless.  I have formerly had a CCA character who was in SHIELD, so I will be able to RP it correctly.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: James Wong's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:57:17 AM »
-support.  The back story lacks obvious effort, like you slapped it together in a couple of minutes.

After high school, he was applied for a scholarship to Stanford, where he was accepted.  It was there that he studied medicine, earning his doctorate in clinical surgery.  After graduating, he took a job at the local hospital in the Trauma center, where his surgery skills were tempered and honed.

What did he do in High School?  What was his life in Stanford like?  How was his job at the hospital?  Just expand more, details are everything.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »
3 simple lines of a VERY short put together story which simply says: "First he did this, then he did that and finally he did this." is not a DETAILED backstory.

Put some more effort into your applications, or it will be denied.

So for now, I do not support this.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »
Very, very undetailed backstory. No support frmo me either, 3 lines simply isnt good at all.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 12:58:35 PM »
I was asking him to make an auth, but it turns out he just want to have a CWU char to prove he is better than the others. Right now I would -support this and also denied the CWU app. But he will get ONE day to let him win my support. If not, his CWU will also be denied.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »
I'll give you 24 hours from this post's date to improve your application, else I will have to deny it.

With improve, I mean make your backstory longer and more detailed. Explain how your character got all the medical knowledge, what he did with it, how he moved on after the combine invasion, what he does with it right now (If accepted). Those kind of things.
Aka: Put more effort in your application.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 07:47:54 PM »
What has already been stated.  There is not nearly enough detail, you can definitely improve this.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
What has already been stated.  There is not nearly enough detail, you can definitely improve this.

It is now 1½ day or longer I posted about to fix the backstory... no support + denying CWU application

Credit goes to jackal

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
Time is up to fix this.

Moving to denied.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal