Author Topic: Passenger perspective (in cars)  (Read 1364 times)

Offline Giinger

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Passenger perspective (in cars)
« on: May 29, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
I skimmed through the suggestion section and couldn't find anything related to this, which was kinda surprising. I've been wanting to change to third person while in the passengers seat of my friends car since I've been on OCRP. Is there some technical problem that's causing this to be impossible?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Passenger perspective (in cars)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
I skimmed through the suggestion section and couldn't find anything related to this, which was kinda surprising. I've been wanting to change to third person while in the passengers seat of my friends car since I've been on OCRP. Is there some technical problem that's causing this to be impossible?
Yes, there is a problem, the model itself causes this.  There is not a way that I can fix to even get it out... it is the seating and the way the vehicle is made.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Giinger

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 07:58:21 PM »
Yes, there is a problem, the model itself causes this.  There is not a way that I can fix to even get it out... it is the seating and the way the vehicle is made.
Well is there anyway to make the driver's side the same as the passenger's side so it can go in 3rd person?

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 09:58:00 PM »
Well is there anyway to make the driver's side the same as the passenger's side so it can go in 3rd person?
I don't think so.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:08 PM »
Bish, this is definitely possible, I have seen it before with other servers, just requires a camera instead of a view of the player...hard to describe. But there is a way to do it, I do not code so I don't know how, but based on experience with many other servers over the years I know it is.

Also I fully support this, annoying how when I am in my hummer's passenger seat I cannot see anything, and that's just the hummer. I know TDM will replace most vehicles but depending where the seats are it will still be hard to see from them. Plus if they cannot see third person the driver shouldn't either, gives them an advantage. And advantage I mean by being able to view a lot more.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal