Author Topic: Bitchy and racist teachers, oh my!  (Read 4393 times)

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Bitchy and racist teachers, oh my!
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Okay, so today was stressful as hell. Fair warning, this post talks about racism so I'm not directing the racism towards you, I'm mearly angry that a teacher would refer to people in such a way, also, I'll probably be using a lot of unessary cursing due to me being pretty angry at the moment so here goes:

This morning, we were at the libary and the liberian was discussing book awards (Like the Newberry or the Sasquatch) when she started talking about a book award that was given to black/african american authors who wrote a good book for people in their teens. This girl in my class asked why such an award was needed, as we are all equal in America. The liberian then gones on talking about saying random stuff when she said something that nearly made me jump up and throw a chair at her, then proced to call her a fat marshmellow. She said that black people are most likely to drop out of high school, she also said that blacks and hispanics are most likely to not get into college, or something of that nature. I could give less of a shit if thats all cold, hard facts. I still take offense because my dad's side of the family is hispanic. I kept my cool and didn't say anything, but I'm going to send a teacher compliant or something.

I don't care if you post or not, I just needed to vent out my frustations about this. *sigh*
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bitchy and racist teachers, oh my!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
Yeah, no offense intended here, but black people have definitely gotten back up on the horse. I don't think we should really be giving them all these special awards to try and make up for shit we've done. At this point, if a black person is more likely to drop out than a white person, it's their own fault, because the tools are there, and they can use them.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Doxy

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 07:44:28 PM »
Well it's actually true...

A lot of blacks and hispanics drop out of school... but only the dumb ones.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »
Statistically, the librarian's correct. However, it's really not something you should bring up in a school as you may offend some people.
Live free or die

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:56 PM »
Darkshifter, are you angry at the statistics themselves or the way your librarian presented them?
o7

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Mostly at the way she presented them, she made it sound like those type of people are dumb. When they're not (atleast not all of them).
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:58 PM »
*shrugs*
fair enough.
o7

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
Mostly at the way she presented them, she made it sound like those type of people are dumb. When they're not (atleast not all of them).

Sounds to me like your teacher or w/e is a racist hill billy.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
You call that a bitch teacher?
My health teacher came in every day, thinking herself a god becauses she hadnt been fired for the shit she pulls.
The teaches shit she doesnt know jackshit about, is wrong half the time, give us tests with 2+ correct answers, or none at all, or simply ignores what we says and decides "He said this, not that!"
Often time she would come strait out and insult students with comments such as "you sluts", "dont act like every other black kid in the school",  "everyone Im afraid ____ has failed the test. He isnt up to par with he rest of you, i am sorry he is here(And she marks correct answers wrong, etc, etc), "Dont be such a damn sack"
The highest grade back when i took health in the class was a mid-low 70's. And that was only because the finals wernt all graded by her
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal