Author Topic: Marching Band  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Marching Band
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:31:32 PM »
I've joined my school marching band. Out band is in the top 10 of the country right now, and it has changed me a bit. I have become more strict, open, humorous, smarter, and overall more organized.

The whole band has section leaders for every section, and leaders in general for every line. I right now am a little bit in charge of the bass line, and i have changed. I point out mistakes that people made, and correct them. I make sure me, the band, and everyone are nice and organized. I feel like i can be a SeC/City Administrator in HL2rp right now... but of course i do not meet the requirements in the application :(.

Anyways, i just wanted to let you guys know why my time has been up my ass, and maybe how i might change in the future.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Marching Band
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
What instrument do you play? I play the French Horn, but I can also play the Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, and Cello. I'm dropping Cell for Double Bass and I'm going to be picking up the electric bass as well if I can next year.

Marching bands are great.. I was thinking of joining Cadets for the Marching Band, because if you go to their marching band camp for a month or whatever, it actually counts as working and you can get paid up to 1000 bucks, no shitting. Decided not to because I fucking hate marching and all the other shit that comes with cadets, lol. So I play in an orchestra.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Click to see the original size.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »
What instrument do you play? I play the French Horn, but I can also play the Trumpet, Trombone, Baritone, and Cello. I'm dropping Cell for Double Bass and I'm going to be picking up the electric bass as well if I can next year.

Marching bands are great.. I was thinking of joining Cadets for the Marching Band, because if you go to their marching band camp for a month or whatever, it actually counts as working and you can get paid up to 1000 bucks, no shitting. Decided not to because I fucking hate marching and all the other shit that comes with cadets, lol. So I play in an orchestra.
I play the bassdrum (BASS 1).

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:11:07 PM »
Nice, I'm not in marching band but I've had experince with it. (Kinda a long story) I play the French horn.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:33:11 PM »
I play the upright bass in our orchestra... fun :)

Offline Doxy

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 01:30:53 AM »
Well I was only in band for a year and I played the French Horn and trumpet.

Some of my friends are in the marching band, and it's hard as fuck. Practice every day in the heat marching, sounds good.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:11:50 AM »
We had two competitions so far... Won 1st place in both.

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:28:28 PM »
I play the upright bass in our orchestra... fun :)

boss, just started bass this year. it comes easy, played cello last year.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 04:57:43 PM »
Anyways, i just wanted to let you guys know why my time has been up my ass, and maybe how i might change in the future.
Take some vitamin C
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Ducky

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
Take some vitamin C

Yeah, Vitamin C always helps with my rhythms and schedule.
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
Take some vitamin C

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Just because he "trolled" your thread ( he was giving you legitimate advise you dipshit ) doesn't give you the right to troll his.
Live free or die

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:18 PM »

I play the bassdrum (BASS 1).
Percussion is awesome.  Hope you have fun with the band.

:EDIT: I just realized how long ago this was posted, and decided to ask; hows it going so far?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:22:23 PM by Kronic »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal