Author Topic: Amanda's Authorization Application  (Read 2594 times)

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Amanda's Authorization Application
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: turhral=S=C= [1-03]
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): A couple of years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 3 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Another, Insane "Personallity", due to the experience.

Name: Amanda Cavender
Affiliation: Combine-hater.

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

**It started in the abandoned Train Tracks, where only the Red signal lights were flashing.**
 Amanda Cavender walked through them to reach the other side of the City, known as Precinct three. She walked at her own pace, seeing not a single living in the area.
Suddenly, something appear behind her... It seems as it was a wooden box, which came out of nowhere. Amanda walked towards it, hoping to find anyone else in the dark tunnels. She yelled in each direction, to see if an answer would be replied.

There was no sound, except of the echoing voice of her. The area was empty still.
Amanda turned back, continues walking, but her pace is slightly faster. As she walks, a small toy was on the ground. It seems as it was a baby toy, standing in the way.

Amanda ignored it, and continued walking through the tunnel. As she reaches to the second curve, she turns right to enter the last tunnel, which you could have seen the end of it.
As amanda walked through it for a bit, another distinct sound was hear behind her. She turned back quickly, only to see another mystery box. She walked to it again, looking around for any living thing. The tunnels were still empty.
She turned back slowly, continued to walk towards the end of the tunnel. She walked faster, almost jogged.

Amanda then reaches a pile of something, builded from a familiar thing.
It was baby dolls. They were on each other, building a pile. It was almost in the height of Amanda's head. She went on it, dropping a few dolls on the ground, making some audible sounds. As she reached the top of it, she jumped to the bottom of it, dropping more dolls.

She went through the broken Train, getting out from her doors to reach the train station.
Amanda went up to the ground through the train station, and walked towards the store.
An audible sound was made behind her. It sounded like a small screech, like the sound of the old doors.
The slums' door was open. There was no one visible inside. Amanda went inside the slums, checking for any living thing.

She walked through the stair way, walking through the small, white double doors. As she went through the double doors, a loud, very audible sound was heard behind her.
The double doors were shutted locked. It would not budge. Amanda tried to open the doors forcefully, even kicking it. Nothing helped it. She was stuck inside.

Suddenly, something on the stair case caught her view. It was another one of the weird, baby dolls. Amanda walked to it, picked it up, and examined it. Was nothing special.

She went upstairs, finding another doll near an unlocked door, while all the other doors were closed. She went inside, only to see a bone in the middle of the room.

The door closed behind her. Amanda tried to open it as hard as she could, but it was useless. The door was stuck, and won't budge.
A voice slowly crawled inside her head. The voice sounded distant, echoing inside her head. It seems as the voice was telling "Eat me..." Amanda turned around, looking at the bone. The sounds became more and more louder.

Something controlled her body against her own will. She could not control her body. Something made her move towards the bone. She crouched towards it, and grabbed the bone. She was screaming, but with no one around to hear her. She putted the bone inside her mouth, slowly chewing it. She was crying, and tears fell on the floor as well as blood from the bone. As she finished eating the bone, she was in control of her own body once again.

She fell on to the ground, crying from the horror. She wanted to puke, but she held it.
Amanda got up, running down stairs. But the stairs were barricaded with fences that weren't here before. She knew that she couldn't find a way out from there.
Amanda ran up stairs to the next floor, hoping to find a way out. She ran across another doll, ignoring it.
As she reached the next floor, she saw a few doors closed, with one of them open, with a baby doll near it. She walked to the other closed doors, trying to open them. They were all locked and won't budge.

Amanda knew she needs to go inside the open room again. She walked towards the room, getting inside.
The door behind her was shut as well. Amanda tried to open it, but she couldn't. The voice came back, saying the two words, "Eat me..." louder and louder. She turned around, only to see a human skull. Something controlled her body again, making her walk towards the skull and crouch near it. She broke the skull with her hands, revealing what seems to be a human brain, still filled with a bit of blood.

It made her grab it. Amanda couldn't resist it. It made her put it inside her own mouth, eating it. She tried to spit it out, but with no luck. She swalloed the brain bit-by-bit, eating it completly.
Amanda got control of her body again, making her insane. She screamed all over the room, kicking and punching the walls and the floor. No one hear it, and no one was around in the area.

The door opened. Amanda ran through it, running towards the stairs leading down. They are barricaded as well like the stairs before. Amanda knew she had to go up to the last floor.
She slowly walked upstairs, leaving tears all over the place. She reaches the last floor, only to be in the same scenario. Closed doors with one opened, and a baby doll near it. She slowly walked towards it.

Amanda enters the room, seeing a body of a female. The door closed behind her.
But the body... It was familiar. It was the body of a very known female by Amanda.

It was her body. It looked just like her, identical to her in any known ways.
Amanda was in complete shock. She covered her mouth, filling her eyes with tears. She turns around, banging on the door as hard as she could. Nothing happened. She turned back to the body.

The voice came back... But it does not come from her head. But from the body. The body turned its head to face Amanda, opening its mouth and saying "Eat me..." as buttons from her jumpsuit begins to open, revealing her stomach.

The thing came back, this time controlling the whole body of Amanda completley, leaving her no choice but to let it do what it wants.
Amanda gets closer to the stomach of the body, crouching near it. She took her hands, and started digging inside the stomach, tearing it open. She takes a few inner-organs with her hands, putting them inside her mouth.
She could not resist. She could not do anything. All she could do is let the thing make her eat. She chewd the organs, swallowing them completly.

Amanda was in control of her body once again. She ran out of the now-opened door, holding her mouth, trying not to vomit. She ran down stairs while crying, moving through each floor and floor. Amanda reaches the bottom floor, seeing as the white double doors are now open.

Amanda ran towards them, getting out of the slums. She ran towards the shop, and once inside, enters a rampage of madness.
Amanda was insane. She ran around the shop, breaking or damaging anything that comes in her way, being followed by a set number of screams and yells.
She went on with it for about ten or fifteen minutes, calming herself. Amanda then falls to the ground, curving in a ball-like position, crying loudly. She was hopeless.

From that day, Amanda tried to forget what has happened, but with no luck. The experience always comes back to her, making her enter more violant rampages.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Becomes slightly more presistent from day-to-day human harm, such as torn off flash and blood.

Defects
-A very high chance of harming herself due to the mental defect.
-She becomes very vulnerable when she is experiencing a very bloody situation, making her remember the scenario, harming herself even more in a mental way.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to try and RP as a character which has some mental problems, such as the one above.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
None.

Which server does this apply for?
City.

Extra Notes (optional): It all happened ICly, with an admin being the "Thing".

Edit 1: Edited the backstory to fix spelling and Grammatical errors, plus adding Paragraphs.
Edit 2: Edited the perks and defects to match Challenge's saying.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:44:42 PM by turhral=S=C= [1-03] »
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Amanda's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:19:36 PM »
This was intended to be an event for you, regarded entirely as an hallucination for your character, almost as a real life dream sort of, as eating a bone would be nearly impossible without choking to death, for example. As long as you understand the experience was nothing more than an hallucination due to your character's already fragile and warped mind before hand due to lack of life necessities, causing your brain to be dysfunctional for a time, creating this experience, I find this acceptable since its just for a personality. However there were no ghost's involved, as I said this was an IC hallucination for your character and never really happened, only in your characters mind. I'd also ask that you change your story to show you understand there was no ghost, as this was not the case.

Also, having your character being mentally effected in any way or having an "Insane" mental state has quite a few drawback, such as hurting yourself without knowing any better, etc.  I know you listed that in the drawbacks section of the app, but you need to actually RP this more often than not. Also, I can't support this, or any personality authorization being used for offensive means, to hurt other's, but more of a passive RP for your sake. If caught using this personality against other's for your own gain OOCly, or you're going around randomly attacking everyone you see for the reason of, "My character is insane so its okay" this auth will be revoked and the character banned.

As I said, as this is only a personality auth app, its not a big deal since its mostly for passive and character development, just be sure you use it that way, and since I gave you the means in game to develop this character, I find it acceptable.

I noticed a lot of grammatical errors, but I also know you're from Israel, so I don't expect your English skills to be perfect, but just keep that in mind from here on.

I'll leave this open for another day or so in case any other admins have input.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 02:41:05 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »
This was intended to be an event for you, regarded entirely as an hallucination for your character, almost as a real life dream sort of, as eating a bone would be nearly impossible without choking to death, for example. As long as you understand the experience was nothing more than an hallucination due to your character's already fragile and warped mind before hand due to lack of life necessities, causing your brain to be dysfunctional for a time, creating this experience, I find this acceptable since its just for a personality. However there were no ghost's involved, as I said this was an IC hallucination for your character and never really happened, only in your characters mind. I'd also ask that you change your story to show you understand there was no ghost, as this was not the case.

Also, having your character being mentally effected in any way or having an "Insane" mental state has quite a few drawback, such as hurting yourself without knowing any better, etc.  I know you listed that in the drawbacks section of the app, but you need to actually RP this more often than not. Also, I can't support this, or any personality authorization being used for offensive means, to hurt other's, but more of a passive RP for your sake. If caught using this personality against other's for your own gain OOCly, or you're going around randomly attacking everyone you see for the reason of, "My character is insane so its okay" this auth will be revoked and the character banned.

As I said, as this is only a personality auth app, its not a big deal since its mostly for passive and character development, just be sure you use it that way, and since I gave you the means in game to develop this character, I find it acceptable.

I noticed a lot of grammatical errors, but I also know you're from Israel, so I don't expect your English skills to be perfect, but just keep that in mind from here on.

I'll leave this open for another day or so in case any other admins have input.

I told him to post this, after hearing the history in steam.
I told him to make the character insane, seeing what happened would make your character insane.

"that single episode would make your character insane / mad." -- I told him it was going to be IC hallucinations he would have, no matter what.

"eating a bone would be nearly impossible without choking to death" -- Actually, it isn't impossible to eat a bone. Beside, the calcium in bones is quite high, meaning its fucked up healthy to eat bones. ((That was what  I read after searching a bit. Not entirely sure though.))

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in those hallucination / ghost MINI events for a single person. Though, the other part would also have to agree on this before it even were to happen.
Doing what Airborne did was just a few steps over the line. Such an event shouldn't effect a character that much.
I admit I've made such things myself, with those hallucination / ghost events. I've done it for 3 persons, one of the including 'Beans'. This mostly just moving around a few props he had in his cottage. Instead of going "OH FUCK, GHOST." He went instead; "Dad, quit that bullshit."
That surprised me. He made up his 'own' character for the hallucination / ghost happenings and I found this quite enjoyable. This didn't effect Beans the slighest on his mental state which it shouldn't be doing eitherway.

As for the application.

-"Able to enter a "madness" mode, being more intimidating to her surronding, but only under special situations, such as hearing about inner organs."
No. You never said you got into a madness, able to hurt everything around you. You were "crying from the horror. She wanted to puke, but she held it." This isn't 'madness' in specific terms. This is being horrified, afraid, even frozen in panick. If anything were to happen you would go mentally unstable. Not in a dangerous way, but a crying, afraid of everything state. This is where I personally would flee from my surroundings, seeing every single human as a threat, able to hurt me.

-"A very high chance of harming herself, and she may harm the surroundings around her."
  -Chance of hurting yourself. Sure. Mostly under your unstable condition.
  -Harm the surroundings around her. No. See why above.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:54:18 PM »
I simply provided the means for the character to do what they wanted with that they had, how far they take it and how much it affects them is up to them and how they RP the experience. I never intended for this to be a ghost event personally, as I stated or really anything I would call an "event" in the terminology its used for on the server. This was an experience presented to the applicant for their personal character development, which I have no problem with, hence why I provided the character the means to take this how they wanted. They could have acted scared and ran away, ending it. My point is, the character controls how effective the hallucinations are.

Regarding eating the bones, if its possible then okay, but the point I was making was that when I did this for the character, I intended for all of it to be purely an hallucination, further showing and giving a more hands on IC excuse for the character's insanity. I never meant or personally viewed anything as actually happening, only happening in the character's mind. ICly, there were no bones, no voices, no locked doors, etc. from the viewpoint of anyone else being normal. Only the applicant's character viewed the world in the way they described, hence hallucinations for character development.

As I stated originally and to go along with Challenge's comment, I'm fine with accepting your character having the personality and mental issues authorization, but not for offensive means towards anyone else, only for passive for yourself and other's. Your insane personality should never be used to attack anyone else, or make you invincible to pain or anything like that. 

Also, as a side note, there's no creature or ghost or anything to be referred to as an entity controlling anything in this story. Everything was in the character's mind. No "Thing" ever existed or controlled any actions.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:58:18 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »
I simply provided the means for the character to do what they wanted with that they had, how far they take it and how much it affects them is up to them and how they RP the experience. I never intended for this to be a ghost event personally, as I stated or really anything I would call an "event" in the terminology its used for on the server. This was an experience presented to the applicant for their personal character development, which I have no problem with, hence why I provided the character the means to take this how they wanted. They could have acted scared and ran away, ending it. My point is, the character controls how effective the hallucinations are.

Regarding eating the bones, if its possible then okay, but the point I was making was that when I did this for the character, I intended for all of it to be purely an hallucination, further showing and giving a more hands on IC excuse for the character's insanity. I never meant or personally viewed anything as actually happening, only happening in the character's mind. ICly, there were no bones, no voices, no locked doors, etc. from the viewpoint of anyone else being normal. Only the applicant's character viewed the world in the way they described, hence hallucinations for character development.

As I stated originally and to go along with Challenge's comment, I'm fine with accepting your character having the personality and mental issues authorization, but not for offensive means towards anyone else, only for passive for yourself and other's. Your insane personality should never be used to attack anyone else, or make you invincible to pain or anything like that. 

Also, as a side note, there's no creature or ghost or anything to be referred to as an entity controlling anything in this story. Everything was in the character's mind. No "Thing" ever existed or controlled any actions.

I fully understand that, it's just that I couldn't describe it in any other way, heh.
Anyway, I changed the perks and defects a bit, so it will be only Mentally, and not physically. Plus I don't think it will happen quite a lot.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:32 PM »
If you understand what's been stated and won't use these auth's in a "physical" manner, I'm fine with it. After all, its just a personality application, not an RPG in the city and full team of resistance fighters coming to liberate it.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »
Seems good to go to me now.
Letting it stay open till Friday afternoon, so other admins may have their input / opinion on this case, if they want.

Offline FanaticWarren

• ElitistFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 03:22:31 AM »
This seems fine to me, after reading everything being said I can't add much, I agree with what airborne has said, it shouldn't be used to attack players as you feel, or make you immune to pain and what not (I.E common sense stuff).

Not much else to be said.

System Specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core processor @ 4.6 ghz
RAM: AMD Radeon™ RP1866 Performance Series 16GB
PSU: Ultra X4 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked + PNY GTX 550 TI for physx core

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »
After reading over the backstory this seem alright. I will give my support so long as this trait isn't used on a whim as an excuse to violently tear out people's throats.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 04:02:17 PM »
Alright, the time limit for input has been reached and the decision seems unanimous in favor of acceptance.

Accepted-Locked. Moved.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal