Author Topic: Chrysanthemum Knight's Authorization Application  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Chrysanthemum Knight's Authorization Application
« on: January 20, 2013, 10:18:08 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sexy Frog
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 3 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
~ Advanced skills in Botany
~ Above Average knowledge of natural healing remedies
~ Recreational Gardening Proficiency (A 'green thumb' of sorts)
~ Several assorted seeds (Flowers, Fruits and trees)
~ Basic Gardening tools (Trowel, gloves, Sun hat?, watering can)

Name: Chrysanthemum Knight
Affiliation: Loner

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Spoiler for Hiden:
December 26th, 2014

Dear Diary,

Part of me can’t take it anymore. Part of me doesn’t even want to take it anymore. It’s been months since I’ve been sent to this place. The psych-ward, that is, but I know what this is. This is the nut house and I’m front and center. It’s not my fault, it was never really my fault, they just threw me in here without hearing my side of the story; nobody ever listens to my side. Then again, it may not help that I’m mute but still, a chance would be nice. Even the Jury seemed a bit on the cold side but it’s to be expected when a girl is accused of second degree murder.

I had always been bored of the day in and day out process of my old life. Every day was the same, just going to school and coming home. Sure, there was the occasional oddity but otherwise it was all the same. Thinking back, I almost miss the old days. Everything was so simple and predictable that I almost knew my day before it happened. I had lots of friends, like any normal high school girl, if anything I had too many to count. Being mute does have its perks. Everyone wants to be friends with the mute girl. But after a few meetings with a particular group they got me into Kendo. At first I was skeptical, I mean, who wouldn’t be? It’s a class on how to kill with a sword but after a few sessions, I found I rather like it. I had begun to go on a regular basis, months and months of practice and the sparing matches with my Kendo buddies outside of the class helped me improve even more.

Then the night came that we finished out Kendo match later than usual so I had to walk home extra late. I was never afraid of the dark but that night seemed especially intimidating as I walked through the enveloping abyss of darkness. The shadows themselves seemed to come alive and even threaten to steal me away but I held my ground as I continued towards home. Half way in route, I saw an older man approaching me with a lost look on his face. I figured he might have need some directions, perhaps a tourist or something so I stood my ground as he came up. I…I regret that. I should have moved away, kept my distance, kept walking ANYTHING! But what’s done is done. He took me by surprise, slamming me against the wall. I looked around for someone to signal but there was nothing to assist, only that damned darkness that seemed to mock my helplessness. His strength was overwhelming and it didn’t take long for him to have me where he wanted me. Even to this day I can feel his touch, his damned touch…it made me sick….it STILL makes me sick.

I wanted to fight back but all I could do was stay there and take it. But then that’s when it hit me. I still had my practice sword with me, slung over my shoulder. It was just then that I realized…I wasn’t so helpless after all. Once I realized this, I let him do what he wanted. I made him think he was dominant, that he had the upper hand. Then…when he thought he would have it all…I struck. I drew my training sword and began to hit him…and hit him…and…hit him. I didn’t stop…I couldn’t stop. It was such a rush – no, pure bliss, to know that his life was in my hands, that I held the weapon that could end his life. That I was in control and he was at MY mercy, until….he was gone. But I didn’t care. I kept on hitting him long after he was dead. By that time, a small crowd had accumulated around me with the same look of horror and disgust that the Jury gave me on the day of my court hearing. I tried to explain to the police when they arrived as best I could with my disability but it didn’t matter to them. And thinking back on it…I can’t say I blame them. It may have started out with me being the victim but what I became afterwards was…a monster.

But that’s all in the past now. I may not like it here but there are several perks that keep me somewhat sane. I’ve taken up gardening. It’s really lovely and I find it so soothing, it even gives me time to be alone with my thoughts. It’s nice to have time to myself outside of that stuffy building with their nurses that try not to be judgmental when everyone knows they are. Flowers aren’t though. Every day is like waking up to a fresh, new, friendly face that never ceases to cheer me up and make me think that everything isn’t so bad. I sometimes like to sneak seeds into my room and memorize which seed if for what plant…almost like a herb trivia. I find it a good way to pass the time, I’ve even taken to some botanical studies on the side. I hear so many remedies can be made from herbs and greenery. After a few trips to the ward library and bleeding information out of nurses and doctors I found a few books on the subject. I find books pretty relaxing when I’m not out gardening but the smell of flowers and the feel of the wind on my face is where my heart lies.

~ Chrys

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
~ Ability to make healing remedies for wounds and aliments
~ A nice bit of passive
~ Steady food supply

Defects
~ Possible target for citizen raids due to supplies of food and medicine
~ Little time for socialization to keep up her garden
~ The greenery possibly attracting Xenian life like Headcrabs (being as they are omnivorous).

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to move Chrysanthemum over to the castle and have her do her best to break past the melancholy scene of endless know and create life of her own, adorning it all with greenery that can sustain her and any guests that happen to pop by that she wishes to enlighten. I also plan to heal those that come by with the knowledge of remedies and what not in order to give myself something to do.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chrysanthemum Knight's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:41:06 AM »
Interesting application. I really like it.
A good background, which caught my interest from the beginning to the end.
Though I find the Botanic 'background' a bit short, but I'm willing to accept it.
Before I do, I'd like to hear other admin's opinion on this one.

Regarding authorizations:

-Advanced Botany: Sure.
-Above average knowledge of natural healing remedies: Sure.
-Recreational gardening proficiency: Sure.
-Several assorted seeds: I'd like to set a number on how many seeds you have and which ones. Please respond to that.
-Basic gardening tools: Sure. Sun hat ftw.

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
Interesting application. I really like it.
A good background, which caught my interest from the beginning to the end.
Though I find the Botanic 'background' a bit short, but I'm willing to accept it.
Before I do, I'd like to hear other admin's opinion on this one.

Regarding authorizations:

-Advanced Botany: Sure.
-Above average knowledge of natural healing remedies: Sure.
-Recreational gardening proficiency: Sure.
-Several assorted seeds: I'd like to set a number on how many seeds you have and which ones. Please respond to that.
-Basic gardening tools: Sure. Sun hat ftw.

I was thinking around 20 seeds as it's not hard to carry such small things all in one pocket. 3 being Daffodils, 2 being Chrysanthemums, 4 being Orchids, 1 being lilies, 1 being Morning Glory, 2 being apple tree seeds, 2 being Walnut tree seeds, 1 being a blackberry seed, 3 being peach tree seeds, and 1 being Pomegranate seeds. Of course the supply is renewable once the plants have a good root hold as they tend to do that. Gradually I can still keep using them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:32:25 AM by Sexy Frog »

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 08:57:52 AM »
Nice and unusual application. I agree with everything what Challenge said, seeing as you provided a set number of seeds your character as there's no further problem.

I've talked with Sexy Frog over Steam about the Kendo skills described in the backstory.

14:54 - Khub: In the backstory, you talk about some basic Kendo skills. Do you, or don´t you intend to use those ICly as well?
14:55 - Sexy Frog: I highly doubt it but I never really thought about it. I guess if things get a bit hairy in her environment but after her traumatic experience I see her only using it as a last resort.
14:55 - Sexy Frog: like
14:55 - Sexy Frog: shit would really REALLY have to hit the fan

Those are hereby authorized as well but only for use in life-threatening situations for this character and and as her last resort only.
Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal