Author Topic: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application  (Read 15108 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 04:59:39 PM »
If you can do little with some of these skills then why apply for it? Math will hardly come in useful in the Outlands environment, Ambidexterity can and will most likely be used in a fight to gain an advantage over someone.

I applied for some of these skills that 'can do little' because they help in developing my character. I intended for the character to have an angle of high intelligence, instead of just a stereotype of a female bad-ass with no clear skills beyond beating people up and looking hot.

I also want to note the phrasing of 'can and will most likely'. Feels a little bit like you're leading the assumption that I plan to abuse these. While, yes, (seeing as I looked into it some) ambidexterity can apparently be used in a fight, I really don't understand how or why, for which reasons I wouldn't use that angle. If you still don't feel confident, you can clearly mark out that it cannot be used for combat prowess, should the application be accepted.

The only one I can agree with without any issues is the Photogenic memory. I will only support Computer Skills, but not the actual computers/parts.

Seems as though you're already supporting the Photographic Memory, so I won't make any comment on that. As for the computers itself, there isn't much I can really do with those either. It's really just for passive RP, and again, encourages the intellectual angle of the character. And who knows? Maybe it's a skill that actually will be useful at some point.

The OP has 24 hours to respond to the latest replies by admins or this will be denied.

Good?
I'm a fag

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 11:37:36 PM »
Protip:

Instead of using "Amazing, Astounding, Extreme, or Astonishing" to describe your auths, use words like "Advanced, Intermediate, Basic, or Common Understanding of". Bigger words with the same meaning won't get the app accepted any quicker. In fact it may get it classified as OP, like it did now.

-Constructive Critisim

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
Protip:

Instead of using "Amazing, Astounding, Extreme, or Astonishing" to describe your auths, use words like "Advanced, Intermediate, Basic, or Common Understanding of". Bigger words with the same meaning won't get the app accepted any quicker. In fact it may get it classified as OP, like it did now.

-Constructive Critisim

He proves a good point, Frolie. The average admin will see 'amazing' and it's synonyms and automatically presume you're a fucking super hero.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2012, 06:54:19 PM »
Yea, try to make them sound as unusable as possible. It's how I've never had an Auth App denied before.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 03:32:42 AM »
This will be accepted on the following modifications:

You can only have:
All the knowledge listed in the OP
The laptop
The recorder
The camera

The reason is the story seems too unreasonable to move the equipment around. Those items could easily get past with the right knowledge.

Just imagine it this way: It is hard to even get a real knife into the city, even in the slums. A shitton of heavy computer equipment? Never.

Reminder: You would need to find a way to charge the laptop. See here for a similar auth where it may help. And no, you cannot lolcharge it at Belles. The generators powering the buildings power the lights and a stove occasionally. A laptop could overpower the thing as it is old and unmaintained.

Oh, and please do not apply for more authorizations for a while. It is truly seeming as if you want all your characters to have auths. Lets just say any auth app by you until December will be denied for authwhoring. In december you can apply for another auth.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal