Author Topic: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application  (Read 15110 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Layla 'Razors' Blackburn's Authorization Application
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 01:11:59 AM »
You've still yet to explain HOW you moved the computer shit. "Packed in bags and crates" Yeah. Right. Like you could get that moved even with help without notice by the local protection team in 27. Not to mention how you got it into 27 or how you found it all or how you kept it hidden. All cities have random inspections, if you were in 27 its GUARANTEED that you would have been searched, both yourself and your apartment.

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
A made sure to note the deplorable conditions in City 27, but may not have been as pointed about the fact that the character temporarily resided in one of the more 'ghetto' neighborhoods, similar to P3 in our City 45. Inspections are very irregular in P3, just as they are in Layla's sector. I also made sure to note that her particular building was both abandoned, and inaccessible from the ground, which is how she had inadvertently obtained her climbing skills (though I later slashed that from the application).

Given the imperfections of the City's security, and the conditions of Layla's district, it wouldn't have been too difficult, especially with hired help, to move such things into the building via roof-access. Layla herself had not been directly registered into the city, she simply took residence there, and given that her 'apartment' was more of an empty room (see the pictures, I could add) that wasn't listed as a place were citizens were to take refuge, it's unlikely that her particular building would ever be hit by the combine. That improbability turned into a reality, but by then Layla had already left the city.

Further questions and criticisms are fine, just insure that they're constructive, and don't expect a hasty reply; I'm retiring for the night :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:49:01 AM by Frolie [BigBrotherIsWatchingMe] »
I'm a fag

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 02:15:27 AM »
That's all fine and good. But how do you get to the roof with CRATES of equipment? Honestly all I see is you trying to make something up where it will get accepted and you're not realizing every hole that your attempting to fill just adds more holes.

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2012, 07:46:23 AM »
Probably because Hogs doesn't agree with the application.

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »
That's all fine and good. But how do you get to the roof with CRATES of equipment? Honestly all I see is you trying to make something up where it will get accepted and you're not realizing every hole that your attempting to fill just adds more holes.

I don't know; stairs, elevator? I didn't feel like I had to plug ever single tiny detail, no matter how mundane or rudimentary, inside the application to justify the character' turning every corner or advancing every fire escape. Perhaps this is a critical area though, and needed more detail. I'll wait for further posts, as I'm sure there will be many.

Who are you?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 08:18:55 AM by Frolie [BigBrotherIsWatchingMe] »
I'm a fag

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 08:24:55 AM »

Who are you?
I'm sorry, do I have to be a big respected member of  the community to post in the thread?

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:48 AM »
This is an authorization application. Not a discuss thread. I would kindly ask you both, to stick to the topic and stop the discussion.
If not, I'll gently give you both a 5'th percent warning for doing so.

Many thanks.

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
I'm sorry, do I have to be a big respected member of  the community to post in the thread?

No, but it you seemed to take a special interest in my application, even though we've never met or had any interaction at all. With my interest piqued, I looked around on your profile (as you so courteously did for me), and found that you and hogs are friends, and even live in the same area. Coincedince is possible, but I can't help but note parralels.

And as Death Sex said, this has been getting to many posts that aren't really encouraging the application process. Please keeps posts by non-admins to a minimum (only if you have something you feel really must be noted).
I'm a fag

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2012, 09:16:19 AM »
If its constructive whether negative or positive it can be posted

As to your point you say there was no access from the street. Stairs from where? And being the slums it wouldn't be maintained so elevator is out as it would be broken.

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
As to your point you say there was no access from the street. Stairs from where? And being the slums it wouldn't be maintained so elevator is out as it would be broken.

For your benefit, I've added two paragraphs concerning how she got the crates into her 'loft'. They're pasted below, and the new material has been highlighted in blue:
She cowered in the country for weeks before taking an infamous sea-trade route out of America and into Russia, the home of City 27. Once she was there, she burrowed into a tall building, mostly out of reach of thieves and wary eyes, and settled in to soak up information.

Finding such a place was no easy task. Before she moved her things into the city, she took about a week of scouting throughout the district before she found a worthy location; it was much like a loft, no ground access beyond a nearby rooftop building accessible through a fire escape. Although it was easy enough to get herself inside, her crates and bags of equipment were another concern.

Although it was little challenge to get herself into the makeshift loft, there seemed to be little way to move her equipment. As ever, Layla was determined to find a solution, and eventually, she managed. Under the cover of darkness, Layla's hired helped moved the crates into the neighboring building via the fire-escape, and then was attached to a winch which tugged them across the gap between the buildings. It took her two nights, pausing throughout the day, to move all of her things, and then another eight days to set everything up inside. For extra precautions, she took a third night to remove the lower-most ladder on the fire escape, making the building almost entirely inaccessible without traversing nearly half of the district on the rooftops. Yet a third day was spent sound-proofing, and sealing out light from prying eyes, and a fourth spent securing decent electricity. But within two weeks, Layla had built an almost invisible hideout, fitted with high-end technologies, and could new focus on her new obsession.

And please don't give me shit about changing material. People do it all the time in authorization applications to justify their character's actions, motives, and movements.
I'm a fag

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
No shits are given unless it is edited after a verdict or if a sa determines that some time needs to be seen in terms of rp ability.

I'll look it over when I get home. Just leaving work then going with family to breakfast.

I still disagree with the attacking others as you would only be able to utilize the equipment as a melee type thing instead of building as you do not have any robotic knowledge nor the stuff required to make anything that can attack other than swinging it

Oh, and please don't attempt to add a completely new auth for robotic knowledge. That would be against the rules. Explaining is one thing.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 10:17:47 AM by RTLK ?????©??????£_??¢??????©?? »

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
By means of attack, I never meant physical. Perhaps she could take an incriminating picture using one of her cameras, or hack into something valuable another refugee had in their position (like Elions' situation a month or two back, with '45').

Throwing her crap at an enemy would be the last thing she'd want to do. This stuff is the most valuable, passionately held materials she's ever had, she wouldn't risk breaking it by hucking it at a foe.
I'm a fag

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 12:20:07 PM »
No shits are given unless it is edited after a verdict or if a sa determines that some time needs to be seen in terms of rp ability.

I know this is unrelated to the auth at all but... That's a terribly harsh way to talk even if what Frolie needs is criticism. Calm down.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 01:12:10 PM »

I know this is unrelated to the auth at all but... That's a terribly harsh way to talk even if what Frolie needs is criticism. Calm down.

How is it harsh? It's saying admins dont care about it being edited if its still being debated as long as its noted

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 01:14:11 PM »
I just think it could have been worded nicer, that's all

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal