Author Topic: Sasil 'Hound' Pynon's Authorization Application  (Read 9246 times)

Offline Frolie [Jellykid]

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sasil 'Hound' Pynon's Authorization Application
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
You want your character to be unbeatable in hand to hand it seems. Why?

Those two quotes were by other people, not myself. By no means at all do I want my character to be unbeatable, but she does have a significant edge over an untrained opponent, and can defend herself against a trained opponent.

And also, for the last time, her muscular status is not a medical condition, she's simply stronger than the average refuegee. Not a medical condition, not made out of muscle, and not going to fuck her up physically in anyway.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:48:32 PM by Frolie »
I'm a fag

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »
You want your character to be unbeatable in hand to hand it seems. Why?

Those two quotes were by other people, not myself. By no means at all do I want my character to be unbeatable, but she does have a significant edge over an untrained opponent, and can defend herself against a trained opponent.

And also, for the last time, her muscular status is not a medical condition, she's simply stronger than the average refuegee. Not a medical condition, not made out of muscle, and not going to fuck her up physically in anyway.

Then she's just stronger than everyone else? Basically she has worked out multiple times and has gained strength from it?

Also Charlie Cloud's auth app was accepted for CD's and a radio player. Not kevlar vests.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:04:29 PM by Get.in.the.Van[1-05] »

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »
The character description you seem to be making for yourself suits someone more like my Commander or a Sectorial. It doesn't really... fit into the Outlands enviroment.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »
- Skills in hunting (ICly might go out to hunt in the future, come back with some sort of animal, etc.) Sure

- Very Advanced Melee Combat Skills, as well as strength that is high above the average. The combination would make the character a threat to the average man, and pose a variable danger to those with training, obviously with significant "Evening-Out", as they would be more-or-less equivilant in skill. No. Too OP

- Rudimentary Firearm Skill. This shouldn't come into play often, as the character detests the personal use of guns. Sure

- The following combat weapons, as well as the skill and know how to weild each one: A steel Sickle, with a wooden handle, a 150 Pound Compound Bow, able to pierce completely through flesh (and even some woods), a small combat knife, mostly used for skinning hunted animals, or on rare occasions, as a backup weapon, a carpenter's hammer, for use in improvised combat, and to top them all off, a spear, two feet in length. Most items no, knowledge yes. Knife yes, hammer yes.

- A Thick Kevlar Vest, able to stop the penetration of small arms fire (9mm), and absorb some of the velocity of a higher caliber, hopefully keeping the bullet from piercing all the way through the target area (IE .357 rounds, shotgun pellets, and SMG rounds). Also, a long coat made from animal pelts, the result of the aforementioned Hunting Skills. NO.

- Extreme Height, and (as I've mentioned before) above average physical strength. The character would almost reach seven feet in height, standing at 6 feet and 11 inches. No. Way too tall. Almost 2 feet above the average player? No.

- Understanding of a variety of languages: English, French, Afrikanis, Kwangali, and Khoekhoe. Sure, if you can prove OOC knowledge of all the afformentioned languages.

- Extreme Pain Tolerance, by no means completely immune to the physical sensation. Extreme no. Above average sure. AKA you cant tank after being shot, but you could maneuver around to get in shelter (within reason) before collapsing while the average player would collapse right away.

This is how I would accept it. Awaiting responses from other admins and the orig. poster

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 11:56:48 PM »
I agree with RTLK on this. 6'1 would be a more suitable height then what you want.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »
Although it's not what I had hoped for, I suppose I can settle for the options that RTLK has outlined.

The only two changes I would request would concern the height, and the Hand to Hand skills. The initial height request was too extreme, but I still would like her to be of significant height, while perhaps not as high as I had hoped Perhaps we could settle for 6'7? I really want the height because it's a defining trait of the character.

And about the Hand to Hand skills: While the way that I phrased it was over the top, I'm now just asking for skills in hand to hand. The character would have no advantage over other authed H2H characters. If these two conditions could be met, then hopefully this unpleasantness could be done away with, and the majority of the parties involved can walk away mutually content.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 06:30:18 PM by Frolie »
I'm a fag

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:40 PM »
you forgot to address the kevlar vest and the immune to pain ability

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »
It's not an ability, but a disorder, a disease usually from inbreeding, you have it from birth.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline [LP]GMK-MRL

• The True Black Male
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
The administration on this Application have already given their verdict on the Kevlar Vest.

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2012, 06:40:34 AM »
The administration on this Application have already given their verdict on the Kevlar Vest.

Which I'm fine with. In fact, I'm fine with the majority of the revisions they suggested, and only requested two revisions.
I'm a fag

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 11:31:32 AM »
6'4 is the max I'll accept. And average hand to hand skills at the level of other apps is fine

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

• Rich's BoyToy
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Just make the amendments you want. I'll leave the adjustments up to the admins.
I'm a fag

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
When I get home I'll post the finalized list of accepted/denied. Locking for now.

<::|| Sent from a mobile datapad codename Mecha ||::>

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2012, 01:17:22 AM »
- Skills in hunting (ICly might go out to hunt in the future, come back with some sort of animal, etc.)
Accepted in full.

- Very Advanced Melee Combat Skills, as well as strength that is high above the average. The combination would make the character a threat to the average man, and pose a variable danger to those with training, obviously with significant "Evening-Out", as they would be more-or-less equivilant in skill.
Accepted with the modification of hand to hand knowledge that equals others with authorizations for it at a middle level. Not advanced.

- Rudimentary Firearm Skill. This shouldn't come into play often, as the character detests the personal use of guns.
Accepted in full. Knowledge/skill only. No guns.

- The following combat weapons, as well as the skill and know how to weild each one: A steel Sickle, with a wooden handle, a 150 Pound Compound Bow, able to pierce completely through flesh (and even some woods), a small combat knife, mostly used for skinning hunted animals, or on rare occasions, as a backup weapon, a carpenter's hammer, for use in improvised combat, and to top them all off, a spear, two feet in length.
Accepted for the following: Knowledge, Knife, and Hammer. The rest of the items are denied.

- A Thick Kevlar Vest, able to stop the penetration of small arms fire (9mm), and absorb some of the velocity of a higher caliber, hopefully keeping the bullet from piercing all the way through the target area (IE .357 rounds, shotgun pellets, and SMG rounds). Also, a long coat made from animal pelts, the result of the aforementioned Hunting Skills.
Denied in full.

- Extreme Height, and (as I've mentioned before) above average physical strength. The character would almost reach seven feet in height, standing at 6 feet and 11 inches.
Accepted at 6'4

- Understanding of a variety of languages: English, French, Afrikanis, Kwangali, and Khoekhoe.
OOC Knowledge is not proven, thusly denied.

- Extreme Pain Tolerance, by no means completely immune to the physical sensation.
Accepted for above average. AKA you cant tank after being shot, but you could maneuver around to get in shelter (within reason) before collapsing while the average player would collapse right away.

The above is accepted as applied for (in green), accepted with modification (in orange with modification accepted for), and denied (in red.)

-Moved to accepted.-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal