Author Topic: Yarno Netten\'s Authorization Application  (Read 2402 times)

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Yarno Netten\'s Authorization Application
« on: September 16, 2012, 01:31:14 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Saimon-avatar
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About three years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years with about 3 months.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Dr.Magnusson model
Adding Dr. to my name.
Old laboratory goggles.

Name: Yarno Netten
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Yarno was walking around the Belles town as he heard noise down on the basement of the Inn. He slowly walked towards the basement door supporting himself with his walking stick, thats when he meet his old friend Tyrone, who had brought him from the city into the wild Outlands. His friend Tyrone helped him walk the stairs down, as Yarno saw all the lab equipment that was stocked down there he smiled and remembered his old days before the war, when he could work with out worries on his laboratory. He limped towards a vortigaunt who was behind a monitor, the vortigaunt was wearing a strange collar and a white lab coat. They started a small chat. Yarno talked about his past experiences in the NASA and his work on the aeronautic field. He was accepted by Dr.Tekel, although he still needed to talk with Dr.Sharp about joining their research team. After some discussion, Dr.Sharp finally accepted him. Although the only condition Dr.Sharp gave to Yarno was that he was going to need a Lab coat if he wanted to work down at the basement, Dr.sharp gave him some ideas on how to obtain a coat, many of them were difficult as it involved traveling long distances and Yarno was a 74 years old man who used a walking stick. The easiest idea he got from Dr.Sharp was to create his own. 'If you can't get something, do it by yourself' said Dr.Sharp.

Yarno stepped out of the basement and asked his friend Tyrone if he could bring him his bottles with bleach that they managed to bring from the city into the outlands. They had hide their supplies in a small cave when they arrive to the outlands as they feared any bandits. Yarno took a sit in front of a fire inside the Inn. Some time later his friend arrived with two bottles of bleach, one in each hand. He putted them at Yarno's side and asked 'What are you going to do this time Doc?' -Yarno took his blue shirt off leaving him a white shirt on him- 'Well, I'm going to bleach this blue shirt then I'm going to add some pockets so I can put my hands inside of them along with other things in case I'm working in a project and I need to have a tool with me.' -Yarno stood supporting himself with his walking stick then gestured the man on following him, he made sure that his friend would bring the bleach bottles with him.

Yarno took a old rusty pot that was at the kitchen then cleaned it as much as he could using his friend's knife. While he was cleaning the pot he asked Tyrone if he could get some water for him, around 3 litters, it did not matter if the water was clean or dirty. After he was finished cleaning the pot with the knife, he waited for his friend. Some moments later Tyrone arrived with some plastic bottles filled with water, Yarno gave Tyrone his knife back then took the bottle with water. He poured all the water into the pot then took the pot into the fire. He waited until the water started boiling, then added his C45 blue shirt into the boiling water, he stirred the blue shirt with a metal stick that was at the side of the fire, it was mainly used for moving the wooden planks when the fire was burning although this time Yarno gave it another use. When the shirt was completely wet and steam came out of it he took the first bleach bottle then poured its content into the water. He continued stirring the water and the shirt using the metal stick. As he did this, the shirt started loosing part of its color, he added the second bleach bottle into the water and talked to Tyrone on how diminutive potassium crystals were being formed as he stirred the shirt and the water.

Some minutes later Yarno took the shirt out of the pot, he hanged the shirt on a window where the sun could dry it with his heat. Although the shirt was still blue, with the time while it dried the shirt would loss his color into a very light blue. (Just at Magnusson laboratory coat.) While he waited, he talked with some people that were on the Inn watching his work, many of them were just talking about other stuff that Yarno did not really care. He convinced a man who was really dirty, he looked like he had not eat in days. Yarno offered some money to the man, that way he could buy something to eat in exchange of his blue shirt. At the end Yarno gave the man 15 tokens for the blue shirt. He asked to his friend Tyrone for his knife once more, this time he was going to use the knife for cutting some pockets to his new lab coat. He took the knife then started cutting four large squares, he pulled some of the shirt's strings so he could sew the squares into the lab coat when it dried. While he waited he saw a small nail on the floor, right at a corner. He walked towards the nail then took it and tied some of the string he took from the old blue shirt he got from that desperate man. After some seconds he took the blue squares he had cut from the shirt and sew them creating to bags big enough so that his hands could fit in. After the shirt dried, it had gained a very light blue color, almost white. Yarno sewed the two bags into each side of the new lab coat. He had finally finished making his lab coat that was going to use on his working times.

Yarno putted the light blue coat on closing his eyes feeling how the soft cotton brushed his old skin, it had a strong bleach smell, although that would disappear over the time. He asked his old friend to bring him his tools he manage to retrieve from the city before they had to escape.  Some time later his friend arrived with a red box with some tools inside of it, the tools were in a good shape as he got them from a Universal Union worker back at the city, he use to clean them every time he used them. He offered some money to his friend which had made him a lot of favors in the last hour although his friend did not accepted the money and said that he was there to help him.

As Yarno settled up his working place, many travelers entered the Inn basement, they were all asking them self what was that place, and what were they doing. He managed to talk with many people about his history and what was he planning to do once he had the resources. Each night, before he went to bed he hanged his light blue coat on the wall, supporting it on a small nail that was at the side of his bed. He dreamed about his wife, the last moments he saw her. The only thing that kept him going was the hope of finding her wife, and now that he was on the outlands he believed that he had better chances on finding her as many people traveled to the outlands hopping to escape the combine.  One morning a strange man who called himself 'A traveler of the world' brought Yarno some old laboratory goggles, he asked for 10 tokens to them. He took some tokens then handed them to the man. Yarno was curious about how did the man obtained those goggles, he asked the man and he replied ' I've been traveling since I was young, I found this about two weeks ago. I was near a old abandoned building here at the forest. I entered the building and found out many curious things, there were many crates with strange symbols printed on them, I don't know... Probably some old pre-war scientist group were studying the plants or something. I don't really care, there was a skeleton who was dressed with black pants and a white shirt with a lab coat on him. Although the clothes were all destroyed and part of his left leg was burned, he was wearing this goggles I'm giving you. It looked sad, although I had to get as much as I could. I stayed the night there at the building, staring at the skeleton trying to imagine how did he die. Anyways, the next morning I stepped out and head towards the Belles town as I need some extra tokens and food.' said the man who had sold the goggles to Yarno. Yarno said goodbye to the traveled and resumed his work. He cleaned the goggles with some cold water then with the softest tissue he could find on the basement. He kept the goggles always on his desk, in case he had to use them for any experiment that could damage his vision.
What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
A white lab coat that will differentiate him from the normal people.
He may call himself Doctor once more.

Defects
He might drag to many attention due to his white lab coat.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Be part of a small scientist research group out on the outlands.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I already have the authorizations for having some scientifict knownledge on this character, it would be good to have him wearing a lab coat along with the tittle of Dr.   I'll leave the link to my Char's auth app incase you need it.  http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=16393.msg117821#msg117821

A photo of the HL2 Dr.Magnusson: http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6222/245417-magnusson_large.jpg

Post Auto-Merged: September 16, 2012, 01:39:46 AM
Added a longer backstory on how he obtained the coat and goggles.
Edit 2; Added a longer backstory on how he obtained the goggles and the lab coat.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 01:20:10 PM by Saimon-avatar »
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Yarno Netten\'s Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:33:00 AM »
The story really isnt detailed.. you need to write DETAILED parts on HOW you got those things, not just "and then someone gave it to him". This goes for both the items, really. Even if ICly some random stranger sold it to you, you still gotta write how that guy obtained it (unless its another player), otherwise everyone would just write "and then someone gave him a rocketlauncher", it just dosnt work.

I doubt you'll be getting the model at all, even if this is accepted, as it can be RPed. About your name prefix, i see nothing wrong with it, but i'll leave it up to someone else.

Offline |T??G| Saimon-avatar

• OMG! Where have my 250 credits gone!?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
I see, I'll be adding more detail to the story.
It can all be Rp'ed, but it would really look better if someone could change my character model into the Magnusson model as the rest of the people who I will be working with already have a Dr.Kleainer model and a Uriah model (The vort with that lab coat). I was thinking it would look much better if someone entered to our working place and found three players all dressed as scientists.
Ivan Gomez - Dead\\r\\nDaeny Morrison - Dead A great Heroin\\r\\nOscar Gomez- Alive \\r\\nJacques \\\'Fench\\\' Laux - Alive, just escaped from the Outlands\\r\\n\\r\\nDaeny Morrison: Treat people as you would like to be treated. Never hurt the innocents.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
Sorry for the long wait, i've had other things to do and HL2 Auths wernt the top of my priorities.

As i said before, im not sure about giving special models, specially not canon characters.

Im fine with the title and goggles, though. Backstory on goggles could still've been better but it will do.

I'll leave the mode up to someone else, as i dont play Outlands and dont know what impact a canon-model or model in general will have on the server.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »
The models wouldn't really matter. We do have a few with Kliener, one more wouldn't matter really.

If Apex accepts it, the model will also be accepted.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »
Well, i give my support to accept it. Backstory seems fine. A few grammatical errors but nothing big.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 05:10:25 PM »
I've seen Saimon before and yes. He is able to handle a single "kleiner" model, yet it is Magnusson.
As already stated, yes, it could improve rp a lot more, due to their skin actually, since it's more interesting to rp with 3 different looking scientists instead of the same 02 male staring at each others. I would gladly support this one and I hope the judge is well considered.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:39 PM »
Accepted. Have someone change your model in game once Outlands is back online.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal