Author Topic: The Catalyst Issue (Major flame.)  (Read 11549 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Catalyst Issue (Major flame.)
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
I agree with BB and DBK here.

Also, permabanning people based on 0 evidence is no way to run things.

Yes, I mean me, and I bet smt can agree with that statement.

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 09:57:52 PM »
I agree with BB and DBK here.

Also, permabanning people based on 0 evidence is no way to run things.

Yes, I mean me, and I bet smt can agree with that statement.
Here we go again...

DBK if you have suggestions post them in a thread in the suggestion area or PM it to a SeC, if rofl over rules it then it was something most likely dumb.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 10:10:50 PM »
DBK, I'll address a little snippet of your repost regarding how the SeC/admins should be chosen for HL2RP.

I'd gladly give up all power I have to a leader who is elected in a completely democratic way that involves and values the opinions of all gamers in the community equally and fairly. I'm all for democracy, don't get me wrong.
This is a garry's mod community, not a government. We're not going to be running it like one.

Actually, any sort of community's got a government in one form or another.
Roflwaffle, let me throw out some synonyms of government.

Administration.
Management.
Pretty sure we have those.

Government is any system of leadership in a community or group of people. Helloooo? The Administration Team at CG is a government. Just because I utter the word "democracy" does not mean I want the U.S. Government up in this shit. Don't use sweeping generalizations like that. You're missing my point. What I'm trying to support is a system where the community has more of a decision-making ability. Everyone should be able to have the opportunity to have their input or vote count toward the next piece of change we shove down their throats.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
While I firmly believe that the community should be able to give input, and see results from their input, running a democracy on a Garry's Mod server doesn't work.

Let's face it: The Garry's Mod community is a bunch of stuck up teenagers who think they are a lot more mature than they really are. It's a bunch of people who think they know what they are doing, but really don't have a fucking clue. It's full of people who think they know what's best, but really don't. If Rofl left everything up to the community, and every decision was made based off a vote by the community, it would crash and burn. The Garry's Mod community (Yes, even CG) is overall not mature, or intelligent enough to know what it takes to run a server.

That being said, I'm not saying that Rofl should make decisions for his own good, and his own good alone. I think that listening to community input is very important, actually. I'm saying that people can't flip every time someone makes a decision without clearing it with the entire community.

/endrant.

C45.CCA.S4-OfC.280 | HEALTHY | Head of Section 4 Support
Rokus Relici | UNKNOWN | Standard P3 Criminal Scum
Kaylin Jacobs | HEALTHY | Accepted into the CWU

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 02:14:07 AM »
While I firmly believe that the community should be able to give input, and see results from their input, running a democracy on a Garry's Mod server doesn't work.

Let's face it: The Garry's Mod community is a bunch of stuck up teenagers who think they are a lot more mature than they really are. It's a bunch of people who think they know what they are doing, but really don't have a fucking clue. It's full of people who think they know what's best, but really don't. If Rofl left everything up to the community, and every decision was made based off a vote by the community, it would crash and burn. The Garry's Mod community (Yes, even CG) is overall not mature, or intelligent enough to know what it takes to run a server.

That being said, I'm not saying that Rofl should make decisions for his own good, and his own good alone. I think that listening to community input is very important, actually. I'm saying that people can't flip every time someone makes a decision without clearing it with the entire community.

/endrant.

ouch that was offensive

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »

/endrant.

1. Roflwaffle is an immature teen

2. Nice generalisations.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 09:21:30 AM »

/endrant.
QFT

You sir are a hypocrit.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 04:50:22 PM »

/endrant.
QFT

You sir are a hypocrit.

Not 100% sure which part of that post makes me a hypocrite, please do explain.

DBK- Yes, those were generalizations. I never mentioned names for a specific reason: Not every player Garry's Mod player falls under them. I'm saying that overall, the Garry's Mod community is immature, is over-confident, and lacks the experience and know-how to run a server.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my purpose. I was just stating my observations from my personal experience in Garry's Mod.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 04:54:09 PM by ReDrUmá´´á´° »

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
But it is nevertheless irrelevant because we would be picking someone who doesn't fall under that category, wouldn't we?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »
You claimed we were all immature and don't know what we're doing. Have you actually looked into it? Have you seen the inner workings? You know, awhile ago me Burning Bullet and Yankee Samurai had the inner working of the CCA down to the point. It was organized. It ran smoothly. Yes, to this date the inner workings have failed, however there are still a fair amount of us here who know what's going on. If you look at the inner working of nova, the organization is perfect. I don't know about the rest of the divisions but I know for a fact NOVA isn't going to have any organizational problems right now. Yes, there are a fair amount of inactive units but some of us have other things that need to be done.

As for the rest of HL2RP, I cannot speak for it as I myself haven't looked into the inner workings. People do have great ideas and a fair amount of them would benefit to the community in a good way. Speaking of which, what ideas do you see that would cause failure?

Your assuming and not doing your 'homework' is what made me call you a hypocrit.

Offline ReDrUm?´´?´°

• RedFag
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
As I said, I didn't mention names for a reason. I never said "Statua you are immature, and don't know what you're doing.". I said that the Garry's Mod community in general is immature, and doesn't know what they are doing. I never said "You are all immature and you don't know what you're doing." (Which you claim I did.)

I personally have no problems with anyone at Catalyst, although I do think some think that they are a lot more mature then they really are, I really don't have a problem with them.

I never once mentioned the CCA, or really HL2RP at all. I never once said that it was disorganized. I said that a server can't be run as a total democracy. Also, I agree, NOVA is greatly organized- I have a unit in NOVA(280).

Lastly, I really haven't been apart of CG for long at all, and haven't seen any suggestions that would "cause failure". I am talking out of my experiences with past servers where things are ran with too much of a democracy, and have ultimately after a while lead to the closing of the server.

All I'm really saying is that majority of Garry's Mod players are immature, and aren't experienced enough to make certain decisions. Thus, I think that running a server with a full on democracy is not a good idea. Once again, I didn't mean to offend anyone with the posting of my message, and if I did, I apologize.  I'm just sharing my experiences.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 09:46:08 PM »
 One more thing, the authorization applications are not being checked often because mine wasn't even checked for 23 days. Come on administration staff, you can do better than that. We are sick and tired of being in the waiting room for our threads to be checked. Yes, suggestion threads aren't checked often and other threads aswell.

Offline DeathByKittens

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
A full democracy? I propose that ONE person and ONE person alone is appointed to HL2RP Director. No one else, and we all vote. I fail to see how that idea would fail "because the gmod community is immature"?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:56 PM »
I think there should be a committe of 4-6 people not including owners who should make the decisions. One mind is good but 4 is better cause if that one mind makes a poor decision, the other three can help change that mind.

Better yet. Have a single person on the committe make the decisions as a chairman/woman and the rest help him/her make decisions.

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 01:12:11 PM »
Dawwwwwwwww you guys are just so cute thinking what you post here will effect anything.

This is what will happen: People are picked, people bitch at the people that were picked not following their views(CCA more than likely) then people will want a voice(Outlands which already gets fuck all in the way of effecting rules) drama ensues.

Does this remind anyone of anything?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal