Author Topic: CopyRight  (Read 6679 times)

Offline M.F.R.Thing

• Magic is everything
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
CopyRight
« on: March 23, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »
I am planning on making a HL2RP slightly based on Catalyst-Gaming.net's HL2RP. I was wondering what I am allowed to use, and what I am not allowed to use. I could put some credit for your brilliant HL2RP in there, along with who coded it and who my company is. If you would not like me to use any of the 'Main Structures' of HL2RP, like;Rations,Nexus,Ranks, then please just tell me I can not. I am going to use the nexus and rations anyway but I will make them completely different if you do not want me to use your ideas.

I will respect your choice and if there is anything that I am allowed to use, it would be very helpful as I am stuck for ideas in HL2RP gamemode production. Thankyou for reading.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: CopyRight
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:25 PM »
We're not going to be happy if you copy even a single thing we've made - though, we cannot physically stop you. Originality is key to run a successful community and ripping off CG won't get you anywhere.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:43:18 PM »
Well... We would "technically" have legal potential there, but no one is going to go to those measures.

Offline M.F.R.Thing

• Magic is everything
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 01:25:35 AM »
I would only like to know what I am legally allowed to do, and if you really dont want me to do something. I just want to create another HL2RP community, not after money or anything. So I do not want a sue....I only have $300 for the server, so sueing is not an option for me.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:34:50 PM »
You are not going to get sued for copying an online community. But like we said: Originality is the key to success. Copying things from other communities is NOT a good idea, as it won't get you anywhere.

Sure you can come up with ideas which you got from other communities, but you have to create everything yourself.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 12:57:58 AM »
Well... We would "technically" have legal potential there, but no one is going to go to those measures.

Should I call my lawyer?

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 01:18:10 AM »
Yea.. I remember them good ol' cyrus days...
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 01:29:49 AM »
Obviously what Roflwaffle is trying to say is that you should go make your own things. It means that he doesn't want you using his stuff.

Offline M.F.R.Thing

• Magic is everything
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 03:14:31 AM »
Well, I am not going to use very much of the ideas, the only reason why I want to use some of these ideas is because I am stuck for ideas... The weapons, maybe CCA ranks and perhaps the idea of rations. If I do use rations, they will be in a whole different order and you will have different currency. That is all I wish to use from this online community, I would like your aprooval to use them, even if I am legally allowed to, which I suspected I did, but better to be safe then sorry.

Offline Alduin

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
Pretty much the only stuff CG owns is:
The CG Developer work on the server i.e. CWU food.
The map (rp_c45_catalyst)
Hmm, I really can't think of anything else.
Most of the stuff in the server isn't made by CG, and comes from the HL2RP gamemode itself.
You can pretty much run free.
As an added note, it costs $50 to get an OA schema @ cloudsixteen.com, of which they will also upgrade to Clockwork schemas.
OA is what HL2RP runs off of.

Offline M.F.R.Thing

• Magic is everything
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »
I finished writing around half of the gamemode. The only thing I really used from CG was the idea of...How things work you could say. Basically I only used part of the F1 menu. The rest is completely different. Looks like I am a good gamemode writer after all ^_^

Offline Jimmy Rustling Day

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 12:59:10 PM »
Good luck on it, then. Just be original, as stated about 15 times before.
HL2RP Characters:
CITY
Alex 'Jack' Pond: STATUS: Deceased.
C45.CCA.NOVA-03.212 (Mark Facri) : Training in his new division. STATUS: Active.
OUTLANDS
Harold Slokum: Coping with the death of a friend. STATUS: Alive.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:01:01 PM »
Why make a server identical to CG, when without having to do any work at all, you play on CG?
im bach

Offline M.F.R.Thing

• Magic is everything
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 02:45:17 AM »
Why make a server identical to CG, when without having to do any work at all, you play on CG?

Thats like asking, would you rather be an owner and do whatever you want with a server, or just go on a server? XD P.S. I have stated enough times to say, it is not indentical

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 03:02:34 AM »
CG Ripped TnB so...that whole "Origionality is the key" is bs, lol
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal