Author Topic: Gmod crash on new pc  (Read 3268 times)

Offline ?«[N-G]?? Crunchyman

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Gmod crash on new pc
« on: May 09, 2013, 11:02:30 AM »
So ever since i got this pc gmod has not been working.
i installed css hl2, hl2 episode2, tf2, and portal. i have installed and reinstalled these games and they have all redownloaded their content except for gmod, everytime i uninstall and reinstall gmod the install is already at 2.7 gb and it only need 300 mb to finish downloading where as the other games need a lot more, i deleted everything that is related to gmod and reinstalled it and it still does that.

additional information:

gmod crashes at initializing all game systems and i get a hl2 mini dump crash file everytime it crashes, i don't know how to fix it please help !

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gmod crash on new pc
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »
Make sure ll your drivers are up to date. Including lan, video, chipset, usb, etc.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »
I got it working for a minute and then it crashed again thanks anyway, in the minidump file it says stuff about missing some sounds and at one point I did what the file was saying to avoid that error thst was when it started working but then I quit gmod and tryed launching it again and it just crashes on initializing all game systems

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »
I got it working for a minute and then it crashed again thanks anyway, in the minidump file it says stuff about missing some sounds and at one point I did what the file was saying to avoid that error thst was when it started working but then I quit gmod and tryed launching it again and it just crashes on initializing all game systems

if it's apparently missing sound files, try and verify the integrity of the game cache on steam - go into properties then to local files after you right click garry's mod in your library

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:00:28 PM »
I manually fixed the sounds that were missing now the only error that is left is the:

5(2.464218):  Parent cvar in client.dll not allowed (cl_particle_scale_lower)
4(2.464184):  Parent cvar in client.dll not allowed (cl_particle_scale_upper)
3(2.262606):  Initializing Awesomium..

earlier someone suggested updating drives but i dunno.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal