Author Topic: A Short Message to the CPs  (Read 5987 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: A Short Message to the CPs
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 12:58:52 AM »
If a CP is clearly busy, I don't interact with them. But if they're just doing one of these things, and I have a reason to, I will.

Read before you post please.

It would also appear you have the wrong mentalities for a serious RP. Fix this please, or your imperfections will be logged, and will be put against you in your final Aperture Science performance report.

The role of a civil protection unit is to ensure the city is socio-stable, not to be a tour guide for random citizens. The only time you should approach a CP to hold a conversation is when you have information on a AC or something of importance to them. Asking them how their day is, is just going to piss them off.

Agreed. Most Civil Protection units in-characterly look down on or are completely emotionless towards citizens; they view "interacting" with them as a waste of time and Union resources.
o7

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:17 AM »
If a CP is clearly busy, I don't interact with them. But if they're just doing one of these things, and I have a reason to, I will.

It would also appear you have the wrong mentalities for a serious RP. Fix this please, or your imperfections will be logged, and will be put against you in your final Aperture Science performance report.

The role of a civil protection unit is to ensure the city is socio-stable, not to be a tour guide for random citizens. The only time you should approach a CP to hold a conversation is when you have information on a AC or something of importance to them. Asking them how their day is, is just going to piss them off.

Agreed. Most Civil Protection units in-characterly look down on or are completely emotionless towards citizens; they view "interacting" with them as a waste of time and Union resources.
Higher the rank, more emotionless they are
what

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2011, 04:06:54 AM »

Keywords highlighted. It doesn't seem to matter what you go to them for, they instantly assume you're there to waste their time.

And THIS is the problem.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 10:44:30 AM »
General Trivium, do you have a UCA character?
o7

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
Unless the person does /me sticks his finger is the CP's butthole or bunnyhops around the plaza, talk to them.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:18 AM »
I usually let citizens talk to me, if it's of little importance THEN I ignore them...

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2011, 12:25:57 PM »
General Trivium, do you have a UCA character?

Not here, but i've been as high as Supreme Commander in a few communities.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »
Well, I think you should apply then, get accepted, then get radio calls and requests every 2.5 seconds and see how it feels. Units IC don't want to talk. OOC after hauling our asses around for an hour or 2, were not in the mood to talk OOC or IC much either. My UCA character is becoming more and more cruel, but he's not completely heartless. Coming up to me and talking to me after a day of hauling ass isn't a good idea.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Well, I think you should apply then, get accepted, then get radio calls and requests every 2.5 seconds and see how it feels. Units IC don't want to talk. OOC after hauling our asses around for an hour or 2, were not in the mood to talk OOC or IC much either. My UCA character is becoming more and more cruel, but he's not completely heartless. Coming up to me and talking to me after a day of hauling ass isn't a good idea.

You deal with it. It doesn't matter how long you've been hauling your ass around for, you don't just ignore people. (Unless they are bothering you for arbitrary reasons)

It's what makes you stand out from the rest of the crowd, if you can haul your ass around for an hour and still put in the effort to RP, it's noticed. If you just can't be bothered to RP for a while, there is a "Disconnect" button in your ESC menu for you to take a break. People will understand.

Hercule

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 09:07:53 PM »
Royalfag gets served again. No, but seriously, I remember roleplaying with Trivium and Asytile. Need to indulge in more literature to really give people 'roleplaying advice', that's all I'm going to say. Trivvy Plays!!!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:11:13 PM by Hercule »

Offline Vegas

• Big Poppa
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
Trivium, that's like saying 'OH WHAT? I'M YOUR MEDICAL OFFICER AND YOU JUST GOT SHOT IN THE LEG? WHY DON'T YOU DEAL WITH IT, YOU CAN ALWAYS JUST SHOOT YOURSELF!'. Because quite frankly, ICly most of the time, unless you run up shouting 'OFFICER, I FOUND CONTRABAND' or something of the sort, we frankly don't find it very interesting. We aren't your tour guide.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »
Trivium, that's like saying 'OH WHAT? I'M YOUR MEDICAL OFFICER AND YOU JUST GOT SHOT IN THE LEG? WHY DON'T YOU DEAL WITH IT, YOU CAN ALWAYS JUST SHOOT YOURSELF!'. Because quite frankly, ICly most of the time, unless you run up shouting 'OFFICER, I FOUND CONTRABAND' or something of the sort, we frankly don't find it very interesting. We aren't your tour guide.

That analagy doesn't carry. It's more like you've been shot in the leg but you can't be bothered to get to the medic, and instead whine about being shot in the leg.

You don't want to RP because you're too tired? Disconnect and come back later, avoiding RP on a RP server is counter-productive.

And seeming as you still seem to be missing the point, here it is in big bold lettering.

Most of the time, CPs don't care whether your reason to talk with them is legitimate or not, they just assume it's not.

I hope this means no further misunderstanding.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »

That analagy doesn't carry. It's more like you've been shot in the leg but you can't be bothered to get to the medic, and instead whine about being shot in the leg.

You don't want to RP because you're too tired? Disconnect and come back later, avoiding RP on a RP server is counter-productive.

And seeming as you still seem to be missing the point, here it is in big bold lettering.

Most of the time, CPs don't care whether your reason to talk with them is legitimate or not, they just assume it's not.

I hope this means no further misunderstanding.

We have something for this, which is why you aren't supposed to approach CPs with every single issue. And seeming as you still seem to be missing the point, here it is in big bold lettering.

REQUEST DEVICES
Live free or die

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 04:50:50 AM »
You don't spawn with request devices. You have to ask for one.

Yet if you go to ask for one, you get ignored because the CPs think you're just there to irritate them.

And this is still not an excuse to avoid RP, request devices are only one way, and there can be issues which need to be resolved without the use of a request device.

Is it really that hard to not assume a citizen is there to waste your time until you hear what they have to say?
Unless you're busy running off to somewhere there's really no excuse other than laziness.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal