Author Topic: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7  (Read 9075 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »
What I want to suggest, is that you thoroughly test new features before implementing them onto the server. All I saw before this update was broken and this line: "Fixed cars and bodies not disappearing when disconnecting (hopefully)." doesn't even look like you were bothered in testing it either. You really need to test thoroughly, bring in a few trusted administrators to carry out some tests with you in which say for that line, they would first spawn their cars, park it in individual places and then leave one by one to see if that is fixed. Then they rejoin and kill themselves so their bodies are on the floor then leave and see if it disappears.

All I'm saying is test more thoroughly, and don't implement half-finished features that are broken to shit (aka the phone).

Honestly, me and Ninja'd tested it on the dev server before that update was pushed out. He got his car out, i shot him, he laid dead on the floor and he left. Both of his things got removed and he can confirm that. I'm working all i can to solve it right now, but there are no actual errors to follow. I will push out a fix as soon as i find one.

Edit:
Medics has 1 hour time limit.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »
I do believe that the hour system is broken. I have been playing for 2 hours yesterday, but the timer didn't budge. Plus, its zero for most people except for like one guy. Its a little buggy.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »
I do believe that the hour system is broken. I have been playing for 2 hours yesterday, but the timer didn't budge. Plus, its zero for most people except for like one guy. Its a little buggy.

I am aware as well. With the update on fixing things not disappearing it, this is fixed as well.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »

I am aware as well. With the update on fixing things not disappearing it, this is fixed as well.
I thought it over last night guys. 2 weeks might be really shitty, but the future will be awesome. It creating a true RP xp. But, there is a chance this won't work if people do not play more. The police base is already low, now we will have a lower police base, but I think this could work out in the end. Take a look at this, if we have 2-3 bad weeks on OCRP don't we usually get that all the time? OCRP is in deperate times, and desperate times call for desperate actions. Now, I think a month without time requirements would be nice, so that way we can keep a police force that at least can go cop (not SWAT). I believe this could settle all of our disputes and finish this debate we have started. This thing won't end, for both sides, if we don't come to some agreement here. Everything else looks very nice, there is just one problem, I think the nexus has to many resources, its very laggy. But all the other areas are fine. Also, I see a lot of people in here that don't support time requirements , but have been growing weed and not helping me do any passive rp. I opened a Bar and Grill at the amber room, only about 5-6 people came out of another 27. Where is the other 27 people? Serously where? I know admins usually spectate, so we can take out 3 from that 27. Now its 24, ok WHERE THE HELLL ARE YOU GUYS. Your just growing all day. Lets all try to do some passive rp and at the same time make a agreement we can all agree on.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 11:26:32 AM »
What about an additional white listing on the forums?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
I would just like to put a note here that the disconnecting bug has now been fixed and has been applied to both servers.

Thank you for being patient, even tho nobody was :(.

Offline pAra

•  I've got no idea what to write here. ggwp
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
I think that the 3 day wait time is probaly a good idea because i've noticed many noobs playing as SWAT and they usually end up RDM'ing or just not doing their job.

Imho when it takes a lot to achieve something you will automaticly do the "thing" better than if the "thing" didn't require any effort.

24/7 musick project group can be found here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TwentyfourSevenMusick

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal