Author Topic: Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)  (Read 1408 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)
« on: February 29, 2012, 09:33:28 AM »
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Name: Dr. Adrian Holmes
Height: 6'3"
Qualification(s): Psy.D. and Ph.D. in Psychology
Nationality: English
Closest Physical Resemblance:
Sexuality: Straight

Background: Anti-social was often a word thrown around when people, friends, colleagues, described Adrian. "The only reason people can stand to be around him is because of his undeniably stone-cold logic and reason," his Psychology professor at Oxford was quoted. "No matter how obnoxious you may find him, he understands people better than anyone. If you doubt him, he'll make damn well sure you don't, indirectly or otherwise." Other psychologists have often tried to dissect Holmes, dug into his past, trying to uncover some deep dark secret that may discredit him. Not a scrap has been found, not even the slightest hint of autism. He was brought up in a upper middle class family in Oxford, parents were always there for him, wasn't abused, and neither was he bullied. He was too smart for the bullies, in fact he was more likely getting in trouble for reducing them to tears. He just disliked people, and was often found alone with his thoughts.

When asked why he wished to become a psychologist, he answered, "The mind is the most complex living mechanism within a human being, and to me, the most fascinating thing in the world. Everyone is walking around with one, therefore everyone is a walking puzzle. I get a kick out of solving puzzles, and what can be more complex than the human mind?" Critics have claimed that Holmes is a sociopath due to his cold demeanor and supposed lack of empathy. Others have pointed out that he wouldn't be so good at his job if he didn't feel empathy. Holmes indirectly dismissed the claims, scoffing, "Everyone's a psychologist!" It's not a surprise Holmes gained enemies, after he gained swift popularity due to his sky-rocketing success rates, powerful and important men were turning up at his door for psychological help. Problem is, Holmes tells it like it is, he bows to no one, a few of these men did not like what Holmes had to say and set out to discredit him. With not much success.

When the Portal Storms hit and businesses started boarding up their doors, Holmes did too, and disappeared. Not that anybody was concerned about him, people thought it was the end of the world, the country's top psychologist wasn't going to save them. He locked himself up in his expensive home and waited it out. His home was pretty secluded, he barely heard the war that was raging on outside. Didn't even turn the TV or the radio on. He just sat in his favourite chair with the blinds closed, shut his eyes, leant back and divulged in his favourite pass time. Dreaming. It was the only other thing that made him happy, the other being psychology of course. It was a little secret of his. He often shut himself up in his mansion-like house when he got home from working and simply dreamed. He could live his wildest fantasies and experience impossible things, the only time he could be truly free from the constraints of reality.

There was a knocking at the door. Holmes opened his eyes, immediately performing a reality check. He pinched his nostrils together and attempted to breathe in. He couldn't, so he was definitely awake. He barely managed to get to his feet until there was an almighty explosion and the door was thrown off its hinges followed by stamping boots and mechanical voices. Soldiers piled into the room, and Holmes was back into slumberland faster than he originally anticipated, involuntarily of course. Next thing he knew, he was sitting in a parliamentary office facing an ominous looking individual wearing a mask. His voice was completely emotionless. "<:: I am correct in thinking you are psychologist Dr. Adrian Holmes?" He spoke oddly.
"...Yes." Adrian replied, staring back almost as emotionlessly as the mask stared back at him. "<:: The Union has judged your expertise to be beneficial. You will accept our offer of a City Administrator position."
"I don't understand."
"<:: You are not aware."
Adrian simply stared back at him blankly. The masked man pressed a button his desk and the blinds on the window to the right of the office opened. Adrian's mouth dropped a fraction at the scene beyond. He was in London but... Not London. The street was filled with masked soldiers and odd looking military vehicles and... It was too much to take in, Adrian turned back to the figure at the desk, looking at his hands. They were not disfigured, neither did he have too many fingers. He was certainly in reality.
"<:: Your planet has been chosen for assimilation by the Universal Union. You will accept our offer of a City Administrator position."
"What will this position entail?"
"<:: You shall oversee the citizen populace of City 45 along with your associates and assist in propaganda."
"I don't have a choice in this do I?"
"<:: Negative."
Adrian let out a quick sigh, "Very well then."
"<:: You shall first receive mind alteration before moving to City 45."
"Mind alteration? If the state of my mind is altered from what it is now, then the expertise that you sought to exploit will become useless."
The masked man is silent for a short while.
"<:: You make a valid point, there is an alternative." He proceeded to pull out a magnum from underneath the desk, shooting Adrian in the right thigh. Adrian yelled out, collapsing from his chair and blacking out from shock.
"<:: Treat his leg, I want him to be able to barely walk with it."

Personality: A generally serious looking man, he does however have a profound witty sense of humour, usually mocking and sarcastic. He isn't afraid to tell it like it is, coupled with his overall dislike for people it is easy for him to make enemies.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

OOC: Re: Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 09:40:14 AM »
When asked why he wished to become a psychologist, he answered, "The mind is the most complex living mechanism within a human being, and to me, the most fascinating thing in the world. Everyone is walking around with one, therefore everyone is a walking puzzle. I get a kick out of solving puzzles, and what can be more complex than the human mind?" Critics have claimed that Holmes is a sociopath due to his cold demeanor and supposed lack of empathy. Others have pointed out that he wouldn't be so good at his job if he didn't feel empathy. Holmes indirectly dismissed the claims, scoffing, "Everyone's a psychologist!" It's not a surprise Holmes gained enemies, after he gained swift popularity due to his sky-rocketing success rates, powerful and important men were turning up at his door for psychological help. Problem is, Holmes tells it like it is, he bows to no one, a few of these men did not like what Holmes had to say and set out to discredit him. With not much success.
Did you quote the bold from somewhere? I love it.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
I assume you have a general idea OOCly about Psychology and Philosophy. Great characer. Will be useful IC. You should do some internal affairs with the CCA.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OOC: Re: Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Did you quote the bold from somewhere? I love it.

I made it up on the spot when writing up the backstory for my CA application.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dr. Adrian Holmes (Character Bio)
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:03 PM »
Wait nvm what I just said. I just made an application for an internal affairs CA :3

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal