Author Topic: David Wilson's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1037 times)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
David Wilson's Civil Authority Application
« on: November 21, 2011, 03:20:13 PM »
David Wilson's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: CookiesofAmerica|OCRP 1.5 ftw!

IC Character Name: David Wilson

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
David Wilson has always noticed other people getting detained every day or most commonly,
rebel propaganda.  He always shakes his head when seeing such things, he believes that you can’t
succeed and it will always end in failure.  So as you read these two sentences, and I wrote these two
sentences, we learned my character is one of those “If you can’t beat them, join them” types. Anyways
let’s continue, he continues to forget more and more about why the Universal Union (combine) are the
enemy which normal citizens believe, instead he thinks it’s the opportunity that the Combine has
offered for him and to others as well. He’s hoping for the Universal Union to help himself and the cause
in order to give the citizens the understanding they should help the universal union as well.

He is looking forward a better purpose how you say, a privilege of some sort. It looked like a
one step out of misery for him. A light to keep him safe from the darkness that lies below and he wants
he learned that the humans with our philosophies were never going to work and we are to be bound on
to this earth because we could never get along.  Those books pushed him into being a “If you can’t beat
them, join them” kind of guy, and so he continues to persuade himself to join.

Another reason he wants to join is fight for the cause as would the rebels for fighting their cause as well
but they are causing disruption and he sees what they’re doing which is told by the loyalists and the city
administrators of course: Keeping civilization bound to the earth. This isn’t solving anything and causes
the Universal Union to think that we humans are a failure in order to expand the universe and to help other
species in order to thrive and move out of instinct. When David was walking around the plaza, a
broadcast is heard and he stops and sits down on a bench to listen. The City Administrator did a normal
broadcast, but it convinces in more and more and his thought of the Universal Union are bad and should never be trusted, is turning
into dust.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Lawful,Trustworthy,Cooperative, and Loyal.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me: Well it would be the common answer in most of these applications: A different type of RP.
Why?  Well because, Citizen/Loyalist RP is how you say getting boring for me, as you can see when I play
as a citizen/loyalist it’s always this; number one: Walk around and do passive RP (which is fun, but
creativity takes thought and sometimes it doesn’t come to me, making me just walk around boring
myself to tears). Number two:  Reporting crimes (now of course this is fun, but now I’m just getting use
to this kind of stuff but I guess you could say this is the only fun option really and I want to have more
options to RP). I’ve heard some people saying being a Recruit is boring? Well some say 04 is when the
fun starts, but maybe they’re wrong. Maybe I won’t last a day with it, but hell let’s give it a try won’t
we?

David Wilson: As stated from the Combine Overwiki: “ CPs are ordinary human volunteers who
have "willingly" joined the Combine, either for more privileges, such as additional food, better living
conditions, an increase in authority and status over others, or out of genuine sympathy and
identification with the Combine's aims. “ David Wilson wanted to join because of an increase in
authority and status over others which are probably rarest choices in most of these applications, and
well a no brainer: Out of genuine sympathy and identification with the Universal Union’s aims. In his
thought process of why the Universal Union is so brutal is because of Hobson’s choice in which He can
join civil protection or die from starvation of instinct.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
David Wilson was a normal human being before, during, and after the 7 hour war.  He was born in
Chesterton, Indiana November 5th, 1982. He was quite intelligent however after he graduated high
school he did not get a 4.0 but a 3.9. When he saw this grade he was disappointed, because he wanted
to get in Harvard University. He decided to search for colleges that he can go; happily he found a
substitute that he can go to:  University Of Illinois.  He wanted to take a Master’s in biological science
and take a Bachelor’s in physical science but only two associates because of the 7 hour war.

Before He was about to go to his ceremony, a portal storm erupted even though there were portal
storms before (during the black mesa incident even though he has never heard of it), he notice large
ships that are dropping of what we call now “synths”: The hunters, striders, and gunships coming out of
the massive portals and terrorizing the streets. He stayed inside the first floor of an apartment and it
was a community store, he was mostly unlikely to be hurt, but then he notice the hunters going in the
building massacring the people inside.  One shouted “Hide in the basement they can’t get us in there!”
was the shopkeeper that spoke. Everyone (including David) hid inside the basement, after 4 to 5 hours
the shopkeeper sent several people including the shopkeeper himself outside to see if fighting is still
going on and any “synths” were attacking the citizens of Chicago. One of the men told that earth
surrendered somehow because they notice the “synths” were not attacking them. About a week or so,
Alex read the paper and notices that Dr. Breen signs the peace treaty for earth as it says in the 
newspaper, saying:Earth Surrenders!

As the Universal Union relocated most Americans like David, to Eastern Europe in city 11.
He hated the combine for enslaving him and the since he believes in his rights, but he kept to this himself,
because he had a fear of being beaten by the electric batons (electrophobia). The water, that damn
water made him forget his fear and the hatred of the Universal Union turn into some relationship. He
fought the combine mentally from joining them but that water, that fucking god damn water made him
forget.  That propaganda from the Universal Union and those beatings, which that little voice (talking
about his conscious) said to him “Can’t beat them? Join them!”  and he agreed to the little voice as he
transaction to city 45. As soon he saw those people who had hatred toward the combine he just shook
his head because they haven’t learned what the real reason was to join them. So forth he is teaching this
by reporting crimes.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
8 to 9 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
6 months approximate

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
been on here for 5 months

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -8:00 (Pacific Standard Time)

5. In what country do you live?
United States Of America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Well, interacting with role players who have their character with Schizophrenia gives good fear rp. About a week or two ago, a citizen was going to kill another citizen, I had use fear rp 

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: David Wilson
CID: 73839
Height: 6'1"
Hair Colour Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 185
Mental Distinctions: Alert,Obedient, easy to teach.
Mental Defects: Minor claustrophobia and minor achluophobia
Mental Advantages: Has quick reaction time, very good hand-eye cordination
Notable Qualities: Calm.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I understand.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
In order to bring Justice to anti-citizens, and have citizens to be taught to be Cooperative no matter what.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, David Wilson hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
Note: Abbott and raiden said it was ok to make the application again w/o loyalist armband
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: David Wilson's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
UNIT: 570
DIVISION: UNION
CLEARANCE: OfC(A)
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED
Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...