Author Topic: Daniel Parson's Authorization Application  (Read 4309 times)

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Daniel Parson's Authorization Application
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: cfitz22
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 2 or 3 months
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Maybe 2 months.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
-Special Fighting Moves.
-Special Knives.
-Unique Clothing. (Grimy Black Hoodie, old makeshift denim facemask)

Name: Daniel Parson
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Daniel Parson was born in Southern Alabama. Being a 'red neck'. He liked to blow things up and shoot. But his favorite thing to do was throw sharp objects. One day, he took his father's hatchet and went to the field and threw it at some trees. He did this for months everyday, his accuracy improving each day. When he was finally strong enough and accurate enough to throw the hatchet and hit the tree in the middle of the trunk from 10 to 15 yards, he moved on to knives. He did not have to practice as much with these, it was just like throwing the hatchet except the knives go farther. When he was 21, he bought a full knife kit filled with all kinds of knives including special knives used in throwing. When he was about 13, he enrolled in a martial arts class and worked his way up to a black belt over the coarse of a year or so. He later moved to Paris and got a job as a professional knife thrower and did parkour for the circus. He lived in an apartment building. He kept his knives under the floor boards of his bathroom. When the invasions began, he hid in his room until it was all over, he strangley survived. He kept his knives hidden when inspection teams came looking for any weapons. When he was going to be relocated, he could not take all of his knives, so he brought these:

-3 Throwing knives (Out of the 10 the kit had.)
Spoiler for Hiden:

-1 Folding Knife (WARNING: Big picture)
Spoiler for Hiden:

He got these weapons into the city by hiding two of the knives in the soles of his shoes and the other in his sock. The folding knife he had was folded and hidden in the opposite sock so that a difference in height could not be distinguished. He made his way into D6 and hides there today, using his secret spots to avoid the Combine. He later came across a rebel that did not hide fast enough and was shot. He took the black hoodie from him and found some old jeans in an apartment. He used his knives to cut them up into a makeshift mask that he cut holes into to make his face hidden.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
Being able to take down a CCA opponent rank RCT to 05 on a 50-60% chance of winning, being able to take down an 04 to 02 with 20-30% chance of winning, and maybe being able to take down an 01 or OfC with a 10% chance of actually surviving. DvL+ will really need some good rp and fighting from me, maybe 5% chance. It will also give me the knives listed in the backstory.

Defects
My character may not have any type of extra armor as it would slow him down and make certain fighting moves harder to accomplish.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to enhance the fun and seriousness of some D6 sweeps and add to the unique qualities that the rebels have.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No, this is a single character authorization app.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
My character is not part of a formal rebel faction, he simply hates the Combine and stays in D6.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:09:42 AM by cfitz22- pootis »
Don't make fun of me just because I say i'm stressed... I'm a person too.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Daniel Parson's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:40:21 PM »
//Sounds incredibly OP, and unwarranted given the amount of 'training' that the character has. You can't just be given an auth that allows you to kill highly developed units left, right, and center... You don't even describe how you would go about killing them.
Besides that, it is highly probable that metal detectors would have been present when your character was processed - A weapon on you at the time would most likely have been exposed.
No hatin' :p
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
//Sounds incredibly OP, and unwarranted given the amount of 'training' that the character has. You can't just be given an auth that allows you to kill highly developed units left, right, and center... You don't even describe how you would go about killing them.
Besides that, it is highly probable that metal detectors would have been present when your character was processed - A weapon on you at the time would most likely have been exposed.
I'm hatin' This is more than just OP, after 02 units are highly trained martial artists. The possibility of you having these, along with the clothing is VERY VERY VERY VERY Unlikely. I'm just going to throw out this, No

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:34:16 PM »
Nope. As an 05 myself I can already tell you that from the very beginning, even as a recruit Units are trained in hand to hand combat - And throughout their career they spar with other units, practice, and depending on their dedication to their studies of hand to hand combat can quickly become very knowledgeable and dangerous in their own right. Every CCA Unit is different in terms of skill level. Not all 05's or 04's are going to be pushovers. There was a rank 01 that got moved down to an 04 in JURY after he transferred. That unit hasn't gotten magically worse since he became an 04. He could still disarm you and then hammerfist you in the side of the neck and drop you like a bag of dirt.

And personally - I have a set of those throwing knives in real life. They suck dick. The twine handles had to be epoxied back on to actually make them last and the blade is made of a soft metal that will start to bend after just a few days of throwing practice.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:04:47 AM »
Then I will lower what I can do... Rct and 05 are most of the time taken out but sometimes they can beat me, 03-02 are not really beaten much and 01+ is almoast never.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »
I'm hatin' This is more than just OP, after 02 units are highly trained martial artists. The possibility of you having these, along with the clothing is VERY VERY VERY VERY Unlikely. I'm just going to throw out this, No
How is the clothing unlikely? I fucking found it on a dead guy from a D6 raid. IT NOT EVEN KEVLAR! Just a hoodie.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 11:54:01 AM »
All Non-UU Branded clothing was destroyed, you may find one, but you wont be able to walk around with this 'Hoodie and Mask' Combo out in the Plaza without being detained, then killed because you have Level 1 Contraband.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
If you read the app, im in D6 stupid

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:44 PM »
Please, continue to attempt to call me Stupid. I fucking dare you. Keep in mind the rarity of the objects you want, you don't find those laying around. Then the training. Training is usually a lot of writing, not just a paragraph or two. Your 'defect' isn't a defect it's a statement. You aren't getting Kevlar or any plating, just a hoodie so any form of mobility restrictions are virtually non-existent. You're asking for weapons, with no defects basically. And I warn you, don't call me stupid, I'm quite sure I've been here longer than you have, and have a fair bit more knowledge of these applications and the processes in which they go through to be accepted.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 09:45:37 PM »
-support for reasons below:
He got these weapons into the city by hiding two of the knives in the soles of his shoes and the other in his sock.

You would have been stripped searched, and given completely new clothing/shoes/socks/underwear.

Being able to take down a CCA opponent rank RCT to 05 on a 4-5% chance of winning, being able to take down an 04 to 02 with 1-2% chance of winning, and maybe being able to take down an 01 or OfC with a 0% chance of actually surviving. DvL+ will really need some good rp and fighting from me, maybe 0% chance.

Fixed with reasonable percentages, also:
DvL+ will really need some good rp and fighting from me

You need "some good rp" during EVERY combatRP situation, not just because they are a higher rank.  You have no real defects listed, and you seem as if you would powergame this amazingly, relating from the percentages listed.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »
 Not all the clothing are depleted on planet Earth Commissar Mask. Remember Doctor Breen and his brown suit? Remember Dr. Mossman with her raincoat in one of the episodes? Remember Alyx Vance and Eli Vance? They still have acquired the urban clothing before the invasion occurred throughout the world itself and they survived with the resources they have. The weapons, foods (not ration foods), clothing and all other resources can still be acquired due to numerous items being manufactured within factories just before the invasion.

Offline cfitz22

• autism simulator 2013
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
Locked.
None of you had anything to do with this at all. No admin has shown up at all and all you're doing is raging about "Noe das nawt allowd, u got serchd, no wepz in d6 broahsiv"

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 08:33:43 AM »
It would be denied because you would have been searched and detained if not killed for having the knives concealed.

Clothing dosnt really require applications, just RP it well.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:26:39 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal