Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Aiser

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application
« on: June 15, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »
Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Aiser

IC Character Name: Willard Gant

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Willard spends most of his time in the plaza, sitting on a little blue bench in front of the nexus. Every day he observes the in's and out's of the city, from the citizen behaviors, to the Civil Protection patrol and behavioral patterns. He makes the occasional idle banter with those that pass by, and frequently assists in keeping the plaza clean of dirt and grime. However, amidst all of the activity in the city, it is the tiniest of problems that he notices has arisen amongst the cities inhabitants.

Since he was a child Willard has been one to obediently follow the rules set by his Grandmother, who raised him like a son since the tragic death of his parents. Not wanting to disappoint her, he has listened to every order, direction, and restriction set by her wether it be a curfew, a set of chores to perform, or how to behave in front of others. This strict view of loyalty and obedience that had been instilled in him is what caused him to get in trouble amongst his peers. Often would he spend countless hours trying to fix all of the wrongdoing around him, from the disobedient behavior of those around him, to the petty crime that often happened in his neighboorhood. His high-standards often caused him to feel disappointment and shame as he failed to uphold the moral code of his grandmother, although this all changed upon the arrival of the combine.

Since the arrival of the combine, Willard has taken joy at the sight of a New World Order, one that promotes socio-stability, and a strict moral code of which everyone must abide by. However, he has been demoralized by the attrocious behavior of the citizens of City 45, horrified by the way they treat the very people who wish to reinforce their lives in a more positive manner. After witnessing countless times how disobedient his fellow citizens have been, and how ill-mannered they have been to their saviors, Willard had decided that he wanted to join the CCA in order to assist in the keeping of the peace of City 45. By joining the CCA, he believes he will be able to honor his grandmothers wishes while assisting the Union with its mission.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Quiet - Willard will not speak out of his place, knowing when to shut his mouth.
Respectful - Respectful of superiors, and the rare citizen that can show sincere devotion to the union.
Determined - Willard will see that he performs his duty until he succeeds, or reaches an acceptable point for failure.
Obedient - Willard knows his place, refusing to break the chain of command at any cost.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Willard is expecting the path to becoming a full member of the CCA to be difficult. Willard has never been physically active and as a result is physically weak. He also has no prior experience with any formal operations, nor has he ever fired a weapon. The only person he has ever followed orders from was his grandmother, and although she was strict, he expects his superiors to be nothing like an elderly woman telling her grandchild what to do. He expects to die, fighting for a cause in which he believes in, one of righteousness and glory, as he serves to protect the city that he loves dearly.  Willard is prepared to sacrifice everything, from the respect of the citizen’s around him, to his very humanity in order to honor the creed of which he lives by.

For myself, I expect to be constantly working on improving the city through my interactions with its inhabitants. I will be responsible for the preservation of the socio-stability, not necessarily its inhabitants.  The role of a member of the CCA is not to be taken lightly, so I expect to concentrate for periods at a time on remaining completely serious and dedicated to the task at hand, regardless of wether or not it benefits my character or not, so long as his interactions can benefit those around him as they progress. I also expect a long and gruelling journey for myself as I interest with the rest of the CCA in order to develop my character.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Willard was born into this world to two loving parents, unfortunately, he never got to meet them. Shortly after his birth there was a mistake in which his parents had taken home the wrong child, and upon finding this out, they rushed back to the hospital, only to be killed in a horrific accident on the way back to the hospital. Willards only surviving relative was his grandmother on his fathers side, who hesitantly took him in, although she treated him like he was her own son. Willards biggest influence was his grandmother, who had raised him strictly, enforcing a rigid curfew, having Willard perform most of the chores around the house, and teaching him proper social behavior and how to respect others. 

As a result, Willard was the quiet and reserved child in school, who helped out around the classroom and was considered the teachers pet. He had few friends, and was picked on often as a result of his small stature and reserved nature. He refused to fight back, remembering what his grandmother had always taught him, instead finding solace in the community service he performed after school. He was the recipient of many good samaritan awards, and was constantly being praised for his kind nature and general helpfulness.

When the portal storms began he did everything he could to ensure the safety of those around him but to no avail. After taking a walk to the edge of the city on one particular day, he noticed nothing out of the ordinary, but when he turned around and looked up, he saw the largest portal storm yet hovering right over his home. He rushed back to his house but by the time he reached it the storm had ended and nothing was left of his home. He could find no trace of his grandmother anywhere, and assuming her to be dead found the most memorable trace of her that he could, and held a small burial where he quietly mourned her death.

After he finished the small burial for his grandmother, he packed up whatever belongings of his that he could and began walking, unsure of his next destination.  He left the city, following a small path on the countryside where he walked for what seemed like weeks. He finally came across what would soon be city 45 and rented a small apartment within the plaza district. He settled in after a few days, only to awake one morning to the noise of gunfire and ships in the air, and as he looked out of his window, what he saw he could not believe, a slew of combine ships dropping off troops in the city, which had quickly surrendered in order to preserve its inhabitants.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 Years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
3 Years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
2 Weeks. (Roughly)

4. What Time zone are you in?
(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live?
United States

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
On one of my old HL2RP Communities that ran City 18 I had just become a recruit, and was assigned to be run through a combat training simulator. It took us through basic combat functions and role assignments for building infiltration while giving each unit practice with his combat roleplay through various /me's and attempts. Each unit was drilled until perfection and was severely reprimanded for the slightest failure.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Willard Gant
CID: 76842
Height: 5'9
Hair Colour Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Dull Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 185
Mental Distinctions: Wordsmith
Mental Defects: Twisted sense of justice.
Mental Advantages: Observant, Sympathetic Thinker, Intuitive.
Notable Qualities: Quiet, Respectful, Determined, Obedient.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority so that I may help correct the behavior of my fellow citizens while being able to better serve the Universal Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Willard Gant hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 12:51:18 AM by Smt »

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:58 AM »
UNIT: 313
DIVISION: APEX
CLEARANCE: DIVISIONAL LEADER
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Willard Gant>
Citizen Identification Number: 76842
Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

// Contact me ICly for the interview, or OOCly if you need me to get on, as were quite diffrent timezones, i might only be able to catch you today.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 09:37:11 AM »
//Any UNIFORM HC can do this or any High Command with permission, as you do not have yet to do the interview Caek

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING] Willard Gant's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 10:23:43 AM »
// I don t see the points in other people doing other peoples interviews. The itnerview is there because the one who accepted it felt he needed to ask somestuff, and if another unit just goes in and interviews that he might not even ask what i was thinking of, etc.

If it was up to me, the one who accepts for interview should interview.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
//Then put a note down like I do for applications, so interviewers are aware of such stuff.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 12:51:06 AM »
UNIT: 428
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Officer
Enter Password: ************