Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Nicole Slater's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Adrian ?NoRagrets

• View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Nicole Slater's Civil Authority Application
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »
Nicole Slater's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: Adrian (SF: armymen2)

IC Character Name: Nicole Slater

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
(This is purposely an extension to the text in the question "Provide a back-story". If this explanation for her reasoning and thoughts is insufficient to take an appropriate decision, feel free to look at the details provided in the other question.)

The reasons for Nicole shower her interest in the Union are simple; Stability and loyalty. Having had both turbulent and good experiences with the Union, she knows the value of stability and safety. She knows how much easier it is to serve than to resist, and reasons validly by making the more comfortable decision.

Being a loyalist for several years she believe she can correctly anticipate the path of personal development that lies before her with this possibility for a future. Serving the people is undeniably her forte, serving as a paramedic before the portal storm and a loyalist afterwards.

Her trust growing increasingly strong with the Union, cleaning the streets and statues of the city hardly suffice as serving a great faction. Finding herself disciplined and mentally resilient enough to do the job correctly, there are little to no arguments that remain to convince her from refraining to serve. To her, it is in fact the ultimate symbol of what it means to be a loyalist. It is her final destination as a loyalist, but only the beginning of an uncertain, but giving career. Advancement and self-challenge is around the corner and she is not interested in turning such an opportunity down. Unlike cleaning, working with disciplined methods in a team can be surprisingly intellectually stimulating. Coming to the conclusion that cleaning isn't stimulating enough, Nicole takes a decision to change her way of life for a long time to come.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Nicole Slater is a socially forward and quite inspired person. She never takes a tasks lightly and follows her experience solely, making spontaneous decisions a non-existent entity. She prefers following a disciplined lifestyle and makes little time for breaking her schedule unless necessary. In addition to her disciplined methods, her stable mindset makes her a tactician to be reckoned with, and a trustworthy team-member.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I'm expecting nothing more than I've ever expected from Civil Authority roleplay on any server. I've been through Shh, TnB and a handful additional servers to experience an enlightening variety of the different roleplay styles, but from what I've gathered, CG is clearly more strict and disciplined in their ways with the Civil Authority.

Definitely looking forward to experiencing the stricter part of half-life 2 roleplay again, without deducting from the player-count. Far too many servers that I used to play on that had an unusually strict Union would be so heavily under-populated that it wasn't worth the high effort to try to join the Union.

In addition, roleplay is always roleplay, and I'm not expecting to change much else than my daily choirs from cleaning the plaza to Civil Protection unit duties. But as far as I am concerned, that change is more than sufficient.

Nicole's expectations aren't far different, looking forward to serving the very men that has kept her safe and sound during recent, troublesome times. It's a chance for her to return the favor of their hospitality while challenging her own mental and physical capacities in a constantly fluxing career. Her average day being completely different she undoubtedly looks forward to the change of atmosphere and variety in work-tasks.

Additionally, she is expecting a change in form of social communication. While cleaning the streets of the city plaza, she can hardly make time for communication with other Union-loyal citizens, and being introduced into a team-based environment is an incredible advancement in her quality of life.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Nicole was born on December 2nd of 1990, being her parents second child but first daughter. She went through a turbulent childhood caused by rioting and fighting during times of national British instability.

As she grew older, she went through her education normally, finishing high-school at the age of 15 and college at the age of 18. Most of her friends at the time moved onto University within less than a year, studying everything from Medicine to Engineering. Nicole herself decided to invest into a career of paramedical sciences, and not more than one and a half year later she was to be found competing on the paramedical market.

When the portal storm struck, it struck Nicole unexpectedly and hard. Her parents were both killed in the demolishing of their apartment, and her brother went missing and has not made contact with her since. But there was no time to mourn the recent happenings as staying alive was now a higher priority.

Her first relocation happened only months after the invasion, and transferred her to the grand citizen center of City 18. There she spent countless of hours fighting for her life in the godforsaken slums of what used to be a vivid city. Spending time in the shadier parts of the city laid way for shadier people to enter into her life and affecting her state of mind entirely. Involved in a CCA-rejected business she learnt lessons that couldn't have been taught elsewhere about survival, friendship and deceit.

Following the events that lead to the capture and amputation of what had been her closest friends and business partners, she took a leap of faith from one risky business to another; She put her trust in the Union. Her previously sworn enemy was now responsible for her well-being, as opposed to being responsible for destroying her business and bringing her head back to the nexus on a stick. The leap was inevitably a tough one to make, but over the following months she came to acceptance with the terms the switch had given her. Daily rations, work and tokens turned out to be a much more luxurious life than she had anticipated. She was no longer fighting for survival, or for food or water, and learnt to find joy in the existence of the life that belonged to her.

During later years she was subject to a secondary relocation to the infamous City 45. A transfer which progressed smoothly, likely due to a combination of luck and Nicoles newly acquired loyalist status. Sadly enough her loyalist status dissolved the minute the stepped onto the hard concrete belonging to City 45, and she spent months reinstating it for the sake of her previous life of ease.

Seeing things from a different perspective after arriving to the new city, she decides to apply to the Union for a working position.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
4 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
4 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
A few months off and on, a few weeks actively.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT+1 (Stockholm)

5. In what country do you live?
Sweden

6. How old are you?

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was most definitely the first time I roleplayed. I hopped on the Shh... Roleplay server and I was completely struck by amazement of how big the map was (c18) and how the atmosphere and sounds were so fitting. And then I remember walking towards the subway-station entrance to the slums where I got stopped by two civil protection units and searched. It may seem quite standard today, but it was magic the first time.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Nicole Slater
CID: 54784
Height: 5'8
Hair Colour Dark brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 145
Mental Distinctions: Situationally aware, Quick reaction time, Mentally resillient
Mental Defects: Not applicable
Mental Advantages: (Same as "Mental Distinctions" above)
Notable Qualities: Thorough, Disciplined, Loyal

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Not applicable.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Whenever available, I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
I am.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
I accept.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
I will.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
For a time stretching over a period far too long I've lived off of the generous Union luxurious hospitality, repaying the favor only through cleaning the streets and statues of our city. The time has come to repay that favor through the ultimate honor; serving the Union directly. The opportunity to use disciplined methods to help retain what is currently a delicate balance of control has been laid before me, and if given the chance I would gladly accept.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Nicole Slater hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:41:02 AM by Krisrules »

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Nicole Slater's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:59:31 PM »
UNIT: 58466
DIVISION: Universal Union
CLEARANCE: Sectorial Commander
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Nicole Slater
Citizen Identification Number: 54784

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting <Full Unit Name>
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PENDING] Nicole Slater's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
UNIT:56275
DIVISION: UNIVERSAL UNION